Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Android25

Allies disappearing while in view range

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen this happen before? I looked it up and it seems it was a bug years ago but I saw this yesterday in 0.9.17.0.1 and am wondering if it's still a bug or if maybe the game only spots allies via radio and not line of sight, in which case maybe the scorpions radio and radio operator had been taken out?

I've had this same exact thing happen, and it happened for everyone on the team, alive and dead. Allied T34 disappeared after being hit by a Jagdtiger, reappeared after he returned fire. I was in observer mode, so no radio shenanigans could be possible.

I noticed your example disappeared right after being hit too. Might not be a coincidence.

This was in spectator mode as well. What do you mean radio shenanigans couldn't be possible in that mode? In low tier battles (where tanks on the other side of the map don't always see/communicate with each other) it seems that when you bounce around in spectator mode, tanks appear on the minimap based on the radio of the tank you're viewing. I could be remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

I meant I was watching that specific tank in spectator mode! It kicked me out of watching it when it disappeared, and it was within 10m of two other allies (the three of them were all pushing side by side), so I can't imagine radio range was an actual issue.

Oh... That's really weird. Definitely a bug then if even spectator mode can't view the tank.

I also had the same thing happen to me, tank disappeared and then i got switched to a  tank on the other side of the map. Took multiple attempts to get back to the tank i was on by ctrl+clicking the tank. Kept skipping past when clicking the mouse.

Saw it too, but chalked it off to alien abduction where they scan your mind and leave you with no memory of the event because my platoon mate never knew it happened!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0