75 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

-1100hp (same as it has now IIRC)

-less clip potential means missing/bouncing a shot hurts a lot more

-still has 170 pen, and .38 accuracy (while still better than the other tier 9 LT's except RU 251) will have you pulling your hair out. 

- 400m VR, literally everyone except the 13 90 got a VR buff to 410 or 420

-slowest tier 9 LT (tied with WZ-132A)

-Interclip is faster than aimtime

-lowest traverse speed of all tier 9 LT's

 

So, not only is the gun still crap, you are the least maneuverable (pending hp/ton and terrain resistance values) and have the worst WR. All this makes for a pretty bad LT.

 

 

Can't really say about the agility, they will be altered by engine upgrades and terrain resistance ratio as they are regular tanks.

If the stock engine is way worse than its top engine the traverse numbers are going to be really off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So their "fix" to scouts and their stupid matchmaking is taking the current tier 8 scouts with their t9 mm, bump them to t9 with t9 mm and then play some cow bingo to change random stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

Can't really say about the agility, they will be altered by engine upgrades and terrain resistance ratio as they are regular tanks.

If the stock engine is way worse than its top engine the traverse numbers are going to be really off.

Fair point, although doesn't WG usually release these stats with vehicles in their elite configuration? I forget how they do these kind of things...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does this mean to the M41GF? Will become a tier 9 and get similar stats to the RU or get nerfed and stay at 8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, avandelay said:

What does this mean to the M41GF? Will become a tier 9 and get similar stats to the RU or get nerfed and stay at 8?

TBH it should stay as it is with MM +2. Currently all top LTs are UP so there's no point in nerfing any of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Softstats incoming:

WZ-132A

wz132a_tth.jpg

13 90:

amx_13_90_lvl9.jpg

RU 251:

ru251_lvl9.jpg

T-54 Light:

t54_lvl9.jpg

T49:

t49_lvl9.jpg

 

Basically they are all crap.

The WZ looks interesting because it has a 320-alpha gun and very good acceleration, but without the armor or hitpoints to be relevant.

Also, they somehow managed to make the 13 90 even worse than it is currently...

 

I wonder what they are going to do with the existiing premium lights though.

I also wonder which tanks are going to replace the current tier 8s because the tier 9s are just the current tier 8s uptiered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping the amx 13 57 gets to be the best tier 7 med in the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comparative images. I'm estimating the new base gun handling values since the shots above seem to be based on crew reduction.

Ma0oZBQ.png

qwDh0Yt.png

HxA5H2w.png

BS9TSrv.png

HltUaCX.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I just stupid or what I see is shit? No literally shit. Please tell me that i am wrong. 

I do not understand these soft gun stats, since a t54 has better, i do not see the point of having these shit tanks in the game. So  the idea of balancing them is give them more view range? Are they fucking drunk? What is it with giving them worse gun handling than a tier 9 medium, less hp, shit pen, shit hp and shit armor. Seriously 2,5 aiming time? Fuck the pen I don't care but why such shit gun handling? Can someone tell me what they are thinking because i do not get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh. WZ-132A has same base accuracy as Type 4 Heavy, just without the damage or penetration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the penetration needs to be higher but the worst sin I see here is the completely shit DPM. I think lights should get significantly better tier-for-tier DPM than mediums, to make up for the lack of armor, HP, penetration and alpha, and so that for those times when you actually outsmart an enemy and get to their side or back you can do a significant amount of damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

i do not see the point of having these shit tanks in the game.

Because there is no place for them in WoT 2017-future. Let me explain why.

1. Medium tanks - there are in fact better light tanks (camo and VR, tha's retarded) that are able to efficiently spot and also deal a dmg with a huge chance to bounce some shells due to working armor. LTs can't even run away from them. With superior gun handling any dodges are pointless.

2. Batchats - both on X and IX tier. These LIGHT TANKS kill the entire class. The end. 

3. Broken (or partly broken) tanks - especially high alpha tanks with great accuracy and autoloaders with good gunhandling  Yes. I'm looking at you, Grille 15. Any brave maneuver and "Hello garage, my old friend".

4. Physics - a mobility was supposed to be a main LT's advantage. So drunken guys from Minsk added improved physics and now using this mobility in 100% is nearly impossible.

5. Map design - tunnels, corridors, global warming (less ans less bushes), minirocks to give you a nice view on your tank's floor, blocking new paths created with improved physics.

6. Global accuracy buff in 8.6 - while it was good for every other tanks it was bad for LT and their ability to not get hit. 

7. Fast turning tanks - again LT mobility is not enough to circle not detracked HT. A few days ago I was watching RU 251 unable to circle IS. That was sad...

8. Modules - light tanks are extremely fragile. With zero armor every hit counts so a chance to disable a module is much higher than in other tanks. It should be fixed with much bigger module HP pool or lower % to hit them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WG seems to want LT's "special thing" to be viewrange, similar to how (WG pushes towards) MT's are allrounders, HT's get survivability, and TD's get firepower. That would be fine, if it weren't for the fact that the majority of the maps are corridors to funnel people into. What use is vision and camo when engagement ranges are generally <150m?

This game devolved into "who can push the corridor better" very quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacg123 said:

WG seems to want LT's "special thing" to be viewrange, similar to how (WG pushes towards) MT's are allrounders, HT's get survivability, and TD's get firepower. That would be fine, if it weren't for the fact that the majority of the maps are corridors to funnel people into. What use is vision and camo when engagement ranges are generally <150m?

This game devolved into "who can push the corridor better" very quickly.

LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pardon my ignorance on the planned changes (I don't really follow planned updates and have been out of the game for a while), but how are they going to revamp the tech tree? I was planning on grinding to the batchat soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whats going to fill in for tier 8 :wut:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pea shooting guns vs heavily armored tonks

kek wg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MacusFlash said:

Because there is no place for them in WoT 2017-future. Let me explain why.

1. Medium tanks - there are in fact better light tanks (camo and VR, tha's retarded) that are able to efficiently spot and also deal a dmg with a huge chance to bounce some shells due to working armor. LTs can't even run away from them. With superior gun handling any dodges are pointless.

2. Batchats - both on X and IX tier. These LIGHT TANKS kill the entire class. The end. 

3. Broken (or partly broken) tanks - especially high alpha tanks with great accuracy and autoloaders with good gunhandling  Yes. I'm looking at you, Grille 15. Any brave maneuver and "Hello garage, my old friend".

4. Physics - a mobility was supposed to be a main LT's advantage. So drunken guys from Minsk added improved physics and now using this mobility in 100% is nearly impossible.

5. Map design - tunnels, corridors, global warming (less ans less bushes), minirocks to give you a nice view on your tank's floor, blocking new paths created with improved physics.

6. Global accuracy buff in 8.6 - while it was good for every other tanks it was bad for LT and their ability to not get hit. 

7. Fast turning tanks - again LT mobility is not enough to circle not detracked HT. A few days ago I was watching RU 251 unable to circle IS. That was sad...

8. Modules - light tanks are extremely fragile. With zero armor every hit counts so a chance to disable a module is much higher than in other tanks. It should be fixed with much bigger module HP pool or lower % to hit them.

Ok i get your point but the question still remains: why the fuck put them into the game like this. I mean WG has already proven to do not know how to balance the game, but this is beyond retardation. The last tanks that have been added to the game (bar premiums) were more about adding nations (aka attract more players) but who the fuck will play this garbage. 

Also i dont understand why they keep adding stuff to the game since they still apparently have to balance it out with the sandbox. Then again they will go with sandbox when they have most of the tanks in the game, but still.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

why the fuck put them into the game like this

LsesXZ2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

LOL. 

They do. There are plenty of other complaints one can leverage about TDs (deficiency of the casemate platform for example), but low firepower isn't really one of them. Almost without exception they either have a more powerful gun than same-tier heavies (see German 12.8cms at tier 8 vs 10.5cms) or an improved version of the same gun (compare the reload time and accuracy of the SU-122-54 with the T-10 or ST-I).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StranaMechty said:

They do. There are plenty of other complaints one can leverage about TDs (deficiency of the casemate platform for example), but low firepower isn't really one of them. Almost without exception they either have a more powerful gun than same-tier heavies (see German 12.8cms at tier 8 vs 10.5cms) or an improved version of the same gun (compare the reload time and accuracy of the SU-122-54 with the T-10 or ST-I).

or to continue, SU-152 with 152mm and 250pen HEAT, ISU-152 "Finger of God" BLyat-10, Jagdpanzer E100, both FV TDs, tier 5 swedish shit, Foch 155...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, StranaMechty said:

They do. There are plenty of other complaints one can leverage about TDs (deficiency of the casemate platform for example), but low firepower isn't really one of them. Almost without exception they either have a more powerful gun than same-tier heavies (see German 12.8cms at tier 8 vs 10.5cms) or an improved version of the same gun (compare the reload time and accuracy of the SU-122-54 with the T-10 or ST-I).

No I agree they get a more powerful gun. I was just lauging because WG gimped the whole class in so many ways their firepower only exists on paper. So you get horrible platforms, horrible soft stats with huge bloom, plus on rare ocasions you also get low dpm or alpha. I just rare the ability to actually damage something as part of the firepower. I get they are soft but if they can't hit shit becaue the gun is derpy then the firepower is a theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not sidetrack another LT thread with some nonsensical rants about how TDs lack firepower...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sry. To get on topic. Given how bad those stats are and how early we are. I see no reason to panic. We may complain but those tanks will fail miserably in supertest. They will buff them. The only question is how scared they are of buffing lights. I see the logic behind pleasing the "hurr durr meds to powerful since unicum scum drive them" crowd but on the other hand WG HQ looks at stats more even if they do it badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.