Never

Expected Values Updated to v29

935 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, shishx said:

So... anything new?

Yes USA start bombing  Syria!!!

2 hours ago, shishx said:

specifically the ones that are going to get nerfed the most?

Same as with every other tank: the expected values will be lowered over time meaning that it will pad your rating if you have lots of old games in these tanks and no new ones and vice versa.

Prime examples of old: M48 and Hellcat.

And this is exactly why WN9 was done with a "recent" in mind.

On 4/16/2017 at 11:24 AM, Archaic_One said:

I'll be more interested to see how bad the stats of dedicated arty drivers plummet when their damage output falls by half.

Actually, won't that translate to a HUGE boost in wn8 for those players? If you were to update wn8 values for the new damage output by arty, their existing stats will be inflated by a huge margin. So to Crab's point - wn8 is dead(er). 

It really needs to be laid to rest, the data that underlies the model has moved to much.

Can you guys even "end" WN8 at this point? XVM or somebody else would just make their own values or some shit. Just like Crab said, too much has/will change: LTs moving around in the tiers (id numbers stay the same?) and arty is getting nerfed hard on the damage output department. The metric is useless as of 9.18.

I don't think so, that's why I'm backing @Gryphon_ 's proposal of generalizing to per tier expected values, and using WN8 formula, to make WN7.1. 

I don't know if this is an option but, if the API releases experience could we do a skill evaluation based on that?

It might take a while, but it could really make an accurate view of a player's skill

2 hours ago, Shifty_101st said:

I don't know if this is an option but, if the API releases experience could we do a skill evaluation based on that?

It might take a while, but it could really make an accurate view of a player's skill

Base xp would be useful, but the API only releases XP with all the bonuses included - premium account, boosters, etc. It's no use.

WG PR is pretty good as-is for an account-level rating, but it doesnt do per-battle or recent.

2 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

Base xp would be useful, but the API only releases XP with all the bonuses included - premium account, boosters, etc. It's no use.

WG PR is pretty good as-is for an account-level rating, but it doesnt do per-battle or recent.

ohhhhhhhhhh :'( rip us, could have been a very good metric if none of the boosters were active in the statistics

I've been saying for years that base XP is an excellent metric... but, alas, one we don't have.