Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steel_Six

What would you have done?

10 posts in this topic

The map was Karelia assault, I was top tier in an M103. We're attacking, I'm set up moving up the western side of the map.

On my side I have a T44-100 who, for some reason, runs across the valley floor to set up around G1 and makes it there with all of 200 HP. He lights an RU251 hiding behind the rocks, so the IS3A who is also on that side dives below the bluff and kills it, ending up losing 1200hp in the process. His actions light up a T44 set up midway to the bluff, a Proc and an IS3 back at D1, and I'm getting tapped by a UE03 as I take up position on the bluff (he's still hidden). To top it off, each side has three arty.

As I get in position to do some side scraping and hopefully hit the T44 or the IS3, my T44 dies. Followed rather rapidly by the IS3A. I'm getting bounced by 3 shots when I move out of cover, so I make the decision to back out of that area and set up on the far side of the bluff at J2.

I had just turned on chat, and so I now have to endure all the talk about being a pussy, not supporting the IS3, not knowing how to drive etc. I make it back to cover, the IS3 and T44 crest the hill and we get into a battle where I take them both to 200 hp, and truth be told choked because I really should have killed both. I end up doing 2200 damage without a kill, the team gets smoked and I get into a running verbal battle with the IS 3A driver who tells me being in a clan would have told me how important it was for me to support his push.

Clearly that was wrong, however what other options did I have, besides getting those two shots I missed to count on the IS 3 and the T44?

replay?

58 minutes ago, Steel_Six said:

who tells me being in a clan would have told me how important it was for me to support his push.

I'm just a no-gooder, so take this with....whatever you want. My reply is not about skills, it's about playing games.

Just that there, the quote, is enough to tell me he's not worth paying any heed to. He's mad because you did not support his push. Pft! Ego. Whether or not it was the right thing to do, a proper player will just sigh to themself and get over it, if no-one supports "their" push.

Now, i understand you wanted more skill-based input, so i will now bow out, and let the experts give that stuff.

@BadLuckCharm It's less about 1 bad opinion and more about bad judgement.
The fact that the IS3(s) pushed out stupidly into heavy fire from known positions says more about the IS3 than his words in the heat of the moment do. Being in a clan, or tagless or being in one of the top clans doesnt convey good judgment or better playing. Making good judgments in a match is what makes you a good player. 

@Steel_Six How much HP did you lose 'Getting into position" from the UDES? were you facing him? or turned? on the First received shell, or even when your 6th went off, you should have bailed from that area fast. Taking exposed routes or even getting lit early (I'm assuming by the RU) is a massive hazard for a heavy and should be avoided if at all possible.

Out of all the players he described, his decisions were probably the best which isn't saying much here. Being in a position where you can be easily pinned down was a bad call to start with, esp in a 103 on the 1 line. Talk about a shooting gallery. Reading the team comps better with some map knowledge would have probably told you not to go that way, or at least to avoid such a known firing lane. You spawned on that side? so? your tank can drive across the map just fine and it would have probably only taken 90 seconds to reposition.

1 hour ago, Steel_Six said:

I make the decision to back out of that area and set up on the far side of the bluff at J2.

This was probably the best call you made all match. Not knowing what the center and 0 lines did, nor your team comp, I can't really tell you how you could have played it better other than to not go 1 line in a soft-ish tank and get lit early.

To paraphrase Nemlengyel: Gib Replay plz

" What would you have done? "

Turned off chat to begin with.  Remember, every game is 1 vs 29 until somebody proves otherwise.

6 hours ago, BadLuckCharm said:

I'm just a no-gooder, so take this with....whatever you want. My reply is not about skills, it's about playing games.

Just that there, the quote, is enough to tell me he's not worth paying any heed to. He's mad because you did not support his push. Pft! Ego. Whether or not it was the right thing to do, a proper player will just sigh to themself and get over it, if no-one supports "their" push.

Now, i understand you wanted more skill-based input, so i will now bow out, and let the experts give that stuff.

This is why the meta in this game is so campy in pubs. Because people like you think to themselves "why should I support HIS push?"

Pushing by yourself is extremely punished if done in bad times, thats not to say you should yolo with someone when its a bad situation, but if the situation is good for a push, you have 5 tanks together against 3, and one of your tanks decides its a good idea to push, and pushes into 3 tanks by himself and dies because team mates were content in just trading.

Maybe try communicating with your team in pubs and coordinate pushes or say no if you think its a bad idea.

But thats hoping way too much for pubs right?

Personally mate, I think you did a sensible thing.Too many players put their tanks is positions where they are ineffective, unsuited and have no retreat. And nearly always at the start. They simply don't consider, or know, the maps.

Therefore, they don't not play to their strengths, which you tried to do. And whilst under the threat of 3 arty.

I am not an expert by any means, quite a muppet really, but it isn't worth dying for someone else's stupidity.

And comms? You can try but many players are naive and resistant to suggestions.

All you can do is lead by example.

7 hours ago, Victrix said:

This is why the meta in this game is so campy in pubs. Because people like you think to themselves "why should I support HIS push?"

Pushing by yourself is extremely punished if done in bad times, thats not to say you should yolo with someone when its a bad situation, but if the situation is good for a push, you have 5 tanks together against 3, and one of your tanks decides its a good idea to push, and pushes into 3 tanks by himself and dies because team mates were content in just trading.

Maybe try communicating with your team in pubs and coordinate pushes or say no if you think its a bad idea.

But thats hoping way too much for pubs right?

14 hours ago, Wanderjar said:

@BadLuckCharm It's less about 1 bad opinion and more about bad judgement.
The fact that the IS3(s) pushed out stupidly into heavy fire from known positions says more about the IS3 than his words in the heat of the moment do. Being in a clan, or tagless or being in one of the top clans doesnt convey good judgment or better playing. Making good judgments in a match is what makes you a good player. 

@Steel_Six How much HP did you lose 'Getting into position" from the UDES? were you facing him? or turned? on the First received shell, or even when your 6th went off, you should have bailed from that area fast. Taking exposed routes or even getting lit early (I'm assuming by the RU) is a massive hazard for a heavy and should be avoided if at all possible.

None, I was hit a few times, but bounced all the shots.

Out of all the players he described, his decisions were probably the best which isn't saying much here. Being in a position where you can be easily pinned down was a bad call to start with, esp in a 103 on the 1 line. Talk about a shooting gallery. Reading the team comps better with some map knowledge would have probably told you not to go that way, or at least to avoid such a known firing lane. You spawned on that side? so? your tank can drive across the map just fine and it would have probably only taken 90 seconds to reposition.

Tough call. We did spawn light on that side (tds went hill) so I was not going planning on ever trying to push hard regardless, but, and this may be wrong, I wasn't going to simply abandon that flank without at least finding out what was over there.

Pls make a habit of uploading a replay when asking such specific questions about a single game.
For much better players than me to give a fair and objective judgement of you and your team's play
they need to see the actual gameplay. 

21 hours ago, Victrix said:

Ohh, i do believe i struck a nerve. :O

21 hours ago, Victrix said:

Now you're talking sense. I'm not gonna go push with someone just because he is pushing. I'll push when it looks like it'll work. Way too many start pushing when there's not enough tanks arrived to help push, instead of waiting for a few seconds for more tanks to be there for support - sometimes just one more tank is all that's needed. Oblivious of the terrain, they go off, and the others who are still coming can't support at all because of hill crests, mountains or buildings are in the way.

You assumed i'm a campy turkey. You know what they say about assuming...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0