AkulaV

Maus - Guide to Winning Almost 90%

67 posts in this topic

On 19.01.2017 at 8:23 PM, _Assad said:

34 games nice sample size u fucken n00b

If I can manage 72% solo in this piece of shit Akula can manage well over 80% after 100+ games thats how mistaken you are of his skill.

I don't doubt his skill. Maybe I was saying he could pull 95% at 100 games? ;)

On 19.01.2017 at 10:31 PM, AkulaV said:

No wonder this forum is basically dead. Not even worth the energy to reply to some of you that continue to state the same shit over and over. Go find another thread if you don't like mine. Last time I checked I'm not breaking any rules, so don't tell me what I can or can't post.

It's not like you have put a lot of energy into this thread anyway. Can you post a few replays? 

On 19.01.2017 at 11:31 PM, AkulaV said:

No wonder this forum is basically dead.

Double standards are off putting AF, if you know what I mean.

On 1/20/2017 at 5:25 AM, monjardin said:

I liked this post. It seems especially relevant considering the ongoing E50/M46 expected values gag.

This isn't the first time that the virtues of the Maus have been praised on this forum either. It's just that the play-style completely breaks with the typical selfish damage whoring.

Still, some replays would be nice. I played 39 games in the mouse strictly for doing missions. My averaged blocked damage was 3117, but my win rate was an atrocious 51%.

I'd like to take another go at the mouse, but I'm 3 missions from the 260 and HT is done. Maybe later...

Also, I found the rep war humorous. WoTLabs has gotten cliquey.

uBl5TYc.png

i give down this thread, cuz lack information for reader.

On 1/18/2017 at 0:49 AM, AkulaV said:

1. Was waiting for the first autistic kid to tell me how it's not a statistically valid sample size. Mission accomplished. But I still do not care.

2. Sorry, replays were many months ago and I clear them out after some time. Like I said, haven't played the Maus in a while.

Read sig.

I'm partially with the OP tbh regarding heavy armored tanks.

While damage remains important to win battles, so is taking guns out battles as well (either by killing or locking them down), as that gives your team firepower superiority.

It won't let you win 90% of your games by far, but it sure will make it alot easier for your team to win games when you hold up a whole bunch of enemies with your armored tank. Add in a(nother) good player on your side in a damage-dealer & it's cleanup duty already. Damage dealer can collect damage easier, because less enemies free on the battlefield. Also armored tank has to worry less about other flanks falling despite numeric superiority for his team.

With an armored tank, it's not about winning battles by damage blocked, it's about winning games by tying up a superior amount of guns in an armored tank, giving your team easier times on other flanks. And if your other flanks are outnumbered? That means your flank has the low enemy numbers: punch through & force the enemy to redistribute or attack m in the rear.

It's also why I'm weary about all the recent armor (over)buffs on certain tanks. Some small (armor) buff here or there would been fine, not the massive boost they gave it on top of the good gun boosts.

I already love the Maus in it's current state, just have to be weary of the turret front. The upcoming buffs will make it one hell of a strong tank (too strong?)

(Note: before people become crazy, damage done is among the most important values to win matches, but how it is done can vary. In above case it's increasing damage dealt value by your team, by tying up enemy guns from the start. Yes, won't win you every game, but neither does taking the damage-dealing tank route.

On 1/19/2017 at 2:23 PM, _Assad said:

34 games nice sample size u fucken n00b

If I can manage 72% solo in this piece of shit Akula can manage well over 80% after 100+ games thats how mistaken you are of his skill.

I have 69%WR in   Strv m/42 in ~ 30 games... 

speaking of skill, with my skills this tactics (max "DMG blocked" for missions) my stats:

KV-4   -  "U.S.S.R.    tier 8 Mouse" :)    in  175   games  I had  45.14%  WR   

I think  good sample size is >>100 games (like 1000) otherwise I can't explain my 60+% WR in IS-3 or  AMX 13 75

I think a lot of players are so focused on doing damage that they don't consider the impact of denying the enemy damage opportunities or even access to key terrain to gain the initiative etc.

I play in a manner where I try to be effective for my team - if that means holding a corner or locking down a few enemy in a delaying action while superior numbers work elsewhere or a supporting TD can punish the enemy then I consider it a job well done.

The problem is that with such a fixation on WN8 and damage farming too many don't play in this manner - unless you include the spaced armour effect some apply of encouraging a dumb team mate to push and get smashed while they farm damage.

I mentioned effectiveness before.... If I'm not doing damage or achieving a goal for the team then I'm in the wrong spot.... and that applies to any tank really - be it a super heavy HP sponge or a glass cannon.

I'd like more rewards for effective use of armour but the opportunity to abuse the shit out of that would be why WG steer clear of it.

On 2/23/2017 at 4:10 AM, Quasinerdo said:

I think a lot of players are so focused on doing damage that they don't consider the impact of denying the enemy damage opportunities or even access to key terrain to gain the initiative etc.

I play in a manner where I try to be effective for my team - if that means holding a corner or locking down a few enemy in a delaying action while superior numbers work elsewhere or a supporting TD can punish the enemy then I consider it a job well done.

The problem is that with such a fixation on WN8 and damage farming too many don't play in this manner - unless you include the spaced armour effect some apply of encouraging a dumb team mate to push and get smashed while they farm damage.

I mentioned effectiveness before.... If I'm not doing damage or achieving a goal for the team then I'm in the wrong spot.... and that applies to any tank really - be it a super heavy HP sponge or a glass cannon.

I'd like more rewards for effective use of armour but the opportunity to abuse the shit out of that would be why WG steer clear of it.

Man... This is a free country, do whatever you want.

If you feel like holding a flank to gain more victories, do so. If you wanna farm some dmg and show your fancy WN8 to others, do so. Don't overthink, just enjoy ;)

I played my first game in the new post patch 9.17.1 Maus last night. This tank has become way better than it was. The snapshoot ability is much improved. Unless the wn8 required for this tank are raised in v.30 this will become a dirty stet pedder tenk the required at the moment is only 1775.70.

Even an average bob like me can get 4,874 in a Maus now.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3372968#overlord-arthurwellsley-maus

On 2/23/2017 at 4:10 AM, Quasinerdo said:

II'd like more rewards for effective use of armour but the opportunity to abuse the shit out of that would be why WG steer clear of it.

Aye, I've been in love with armored tanks since I started WoT & WG really did plenty of efforts in the early days in trying to find ways to reward armor usage, but ultimately, it would been too easy to abuse it, so I'm content that my only reward for being hard to kill is more victories & tons of Steel Walls.

Do note, damage is what matters, the team that dishes out most damage usually wins. How you make sure your team is best in damage is up to you, either you dish it out yourself, or you create opportunities for your team to increase their damage output or you lock down a whole bunch of enemies, reducing their damage output in favour of your team.

yeah I agree - on both points raised. People play as they will. Ultimately damage must be done to win - hence my comment that I need to be in an effective spot and doing damage (or enabling it). It's an interesting point about the amount of damage though when you consider that MM can sometimes produce teams with extremely different HP pools thus one team can have a much harder fight to do the damage required (assuming a total war approach).

Maus is so broken atm so it's hard to actually play it seriously. I'll just find the shortest route to the most amount of enemies and double R. ~3800 avg dmg with 3900 avg block. It currently just makes you yolo into the enemy.

On 13.04.2017 at 5:08 PM, EscapeArtist said:

Maus is so broken atm so it's hard to actually play it seriously. I'll just find the shortest route to the most amount of enemies and double R. ~3800 avg dmg with 3900 avg block. It currently just makes you yolo into the enemy.

Actually if you try anything else and the enemy also has a maus you are hurting your own team. The tank really broke gameplay. It's "who can get the maus and block the flank fastest"

The Maus, in its current state (same goes for Japanese Type 4 and 5), is allowing/encouraging terrible players to continue being terrible and get rewarded for it because it allows them to be very relevant and influence the momentum of battles to a considerable degree. This should never be the case and at the very least definitely not at high tiers (tier 8+). Tanks should be balanced enough that they will allow them to seem OP if played by a competent player, not be a clown vehicle that anyone can just jump into and pull of 4k+ damage dealt and 3k+ damage blocked just by driving straight like a 46%er.