Sign in to follow this  
Redwave11

Plateaued at 2200 recents, please help

6 posts in this topic

I have been steadily improving for some time but recently i have become stuck at 2200wn8 recents. I would very much appreciate any tips or critiques i can get on my gameplay since seeing myself improve holds much of the pleasure in this game for me. I have linked replays of 4 games i played in a row, 1 from each tank class. 

http://wotreplays.com/site/3263409#fjords-redwave11-rhm_-borsig_waffentr_ger   -  Rhm.-B.WT on Fjords, Win, I feel there wasn't much more i could squeeze out of this game

http://wotreplays.com/site/3263416#fisherman_s_bay-redwave11-st-i   -  ST-I on Fishermans Bay, Loss, I was pretty disappointed with my impact in this game

http://wotreplays.com/site/3263419#pilsen-redwave11-t-54  - T-54 on Pilsen, Loss, Fairly happy with my early game performance

http://wotreplays.com/site/3263420#ensk-redwave11-wz-132  - WZ-132 on Ensk, Loss, Farmed some decent damage, but didn't have a good impact as a scout.

Thanks in advance for any advice you give.

Play e50. I mean i Plateaued at 3.5k recent. Then i played e50 which gave me confidence. If i can do 3.3k avg dmg at tier 9 why cant i do 4k at tier 10. WOT is all about experience and confidence once you can get good results in a tank. Youll be able to do better in all other tanks. 

3 hours ago, adztownstike said:

Play e50. I mean i Plateaued at 3.5k recent. Then i played e50 which gave me confidence. If i can do 3.3k avg dmg at tier 9 why cant i do 4k at tier 10. WOT is all about experience and confidence once you can get good results in a tank. Youll be able to do better in all other tanks. 

why are you still here?

I'm at a similar plateau and I haven't found the answer yet. Maybe its tank selection? I suck donkey balls at RU meds but keep playing them to try and improve, failing miserably, while I somehow soloed 67% and 3.4k WN8 in the E100.. over a measly 115 battles granted, but still better than anything I've ever achieved in tier 10.

Find what you're good at and stick with it? Or, alternatively, watch lots of streams and replays and try to get good at the other stuff as well? Maybe thats what I should do..

Either way if you find out let me know :P

PS: You have less than half my battles, there is a lot more hope for you!

11 hours ago, Strigonx said:

why are you still here?

Trying to help bro. Be a nice guy since noone else replied since this forum seems to be full of dickheads why not be the nice one

On 1/18/2017 at 0:19 AM, Redwave11 said:

I have been steadily improving for some time but recently i have become stuck at 2200wn8 recents. I would very much appreciate any tips or critiques i can get on my gameplay since seeing myself improve holds much of the pleasure in this game for me. I have linked replays of 4 games i played in a row, 1 from each tank class. 

http://wotreplays.com/site/3263409#fjords-redwave11-rhm_-borsig_waffentr_ger   -  Rhm.-B.WT on Fjords, Win, I feel there wasn't much more i could squeeze out of this game

http://wotreplays.com/site/3263416#fisherman_s_bay-redwave11-st-i   -  ST-I on Fishermans Bay, Loss, I was pretty disappointed with my impact in this game

http://wotreplays.com/site/3263419#pilsen-redwave11-t-54  - T-54 on Pilsen, Loss, Fairly happy with my early game performance

http://wotreplays.com/site/3263420#ensk-redwave11-wz-132  - WZ-132 on Ensk, Loss, Farmed some decent damage, but didn't have a good impact as a scout.

Thanks in advance for any advice you give.

Looking at those games there were a couple of things I noticed.

Exposure: You have a tendency to over expose yourself. You poke out sideways instead of poking with your front or attempting to sidescrape often against enemies that are staring at you so they score hits on you easily which scraped off half your HP in pretty much all of those game. Things like waiting until they fire, or counting reloads or just trying to use your armor better will increase your survivability and help you last longer to do more damage. You did try to use cover and allies to your advantage which was good but you still made bad pokes that could have cost you games. Distance can also very much be your friend, for instance with the T54 it would have been much harder for the enemies to hit you if you had moved back towards that building near the cap. You would still be able to get fire on them and it would be harder for them to hit you back and you would have retreat options. Even when you get yourself into bad situations reducing your exposure to enemies can help you survive a lot longer, this is something @zapyoug does very well.

Aiming: This may be an artifact of your high ping but seriously almost every shot you fired was a snap and probably half of them didn't have any reason to be. Aim your shots. Servercross if that is still allowed may help you to know when you are actually fully aimed if that is the issue. This is especially true with the high alpha guns. You snapped at something and then didn't have a shell in the chamber when someone offered you their delicious body.

Situational and Map Awareness: The other large thing I noticed is that you were very often super zoomed in even when you didn't need to be. A lot of people tell you not to zoom in past x8 pretty much ever and there were a lot of points when you were zoomed in way past what was needed to really be able to try to hit things and it may have caused you to miss opportunities. Also look around you, you almost always seemed to be tunnel visioned on what was directly in front of you. This caused you to miss several opportunities for free damage, the PTA in the 54 game probably being the best example. Going off this is where you choose to position your tanks or make runs. When you were in the close up brawl you had you eyes zoomed in onthe E100 turret face you couldnt pen instead of trying to see if there were any other opportunities around you or ways of prolonging how long you survive. The STI has an extremely strong turret while having a pretty okay upper plate and 10 degrees of gun depression and you didn't work to take advantage of it electing to fight on the flat road where people can shoot down at you. In the WZ run you spotted a couple guys but no one was in any position to do anything, so you basically identified that the heavies that spawn near the town spawned near the town and risked shaving off a lot of HP for naught. You would have been better off trying to spot down the rail lines to identify how many people are going to that side and maybe get some sideshots yourself or get some spotting damage from your mediums hitting shots. You also didn't really take advantage of the fact that there were only a few people down that way trying to poke against the 34-100 instead of just smushing him which would have let you turn around and help the heavies. You really only had 800 damage by the time the game was lost.

As you play think about what you are doing and why you are doing it and if you are being effective and have a plan for what you will do after. Pay attention to the people around you. Continuously identify how the game is going and what is happening. Identify what you need to do to win the game (in some cases there is literally nothing you can do). One thing that helps me is to physically say outloud what I'm doing and why. After a game try to reflect even if it is for a short bit why you won or lost.

On 1/18/2017 at 4:01 PM, adztownstike said:

We actually want people to get better not just pad their WN8 to think they have gotten better.

Sign in to follow this