MntRunner

[NA] RUST Recruiting Seamen for Ships

85 posts in this topic

Rusty Old Frigates (RUST)

Rusty_90percent.png

Who Are We - Rusty Old Frigates is a group of like minded seamen interested in divisions, grinding ships, and competitive game play.  Member ratings currently range from green-blue to light purple, and win ratios between 54% and 62%. We are spread out across all US time zones. 

Membership Standards - Requirements to join are pretty basic at the moment since clan functionality and competitive team battles are still being developed. However, we do have a couple of basic standards. These standards will become more strict once clans are better developed in WOWS.

• Don't be a douche
  • Communicate - We use Discord. You don't have to talk, but at minimum you need to be able to listen and respond in text chat.
  • Be active in game. You don't need to be on every night, but don't go missing for weeks and weeks.
  • Be similar or better skill level than our average clan member. (56% WR, 1200 WTR)
  • Tier 10 ship. We do clan battles so you need the goods.

How to join? -  If you are interested reply to this post or contact in game the clan members listed below.

• MntRunner
  • TheHolySpork
  • sbcptnitro
  • MrMcGuirk

Join us on Discord for some divisions. If you like what you see after hanging out with us we'll send you a clan invite..

TOG Tugboat! :tanfiesta:

Good luck to you guys! Is it okay to hang on your discord even if you can't be full time member?  I work 4 evenings a week, but play during the mornings EST and would like to div if any of your players are on.

3 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

TOG Tugboat! :tanfiesta:

Good luck to you guys! Is it okay to hang on your discord even if you can't be full time member?  I work 4 evenings a week, but play during the mornings EST and would like to div if any of your players are on.

Sure thing. I messaged you with the discord information.

I'm shit at ships but I would really like to get better, but way below your requirements. Can I be saved or do you have suggestions on somewhere else I should look?

27 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

You said seamen . . .

Seamen photo Seamen.jpg

5 hours ago, capt-jay said:

I'm shit at ships but I would really like to get better, but way below your requirements. Can I be saved or do you have suggestions on somewhere else I should look?

You are still welcome to join us in divisions, and we can give you a few tips after watching you play. Many of us weren't that great when we first started, and have improved to where we are now. I quickly looked at your stats, and noticed that your win rate seems to decrease as you go up in tier. Take a break from grinding and go back to tier 4-5 and work on some of the ships you've played well in the past (Fubuki, Nicholas, Konigsberg) and figure out what you've been doing well in those ships. I'd also try to focus on one ship class so you don't have to worry about differences, maybe DD's first. Also look at some of the youtube contributors to see what tips you can get from there. iChase has some older Captains Academy videos that are good, although once you get more advanced I'd look at other  tubers.

19 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

You said seamen . . .

Yep, we like long and slender things with seamen in it. Submarines ..... What were you thinking?

6 hours ago, capt-jay said:

As Mnt said we all started somewhere. But if you have a willingness to learn that goes a long way to improving your performance. As far as Youtubers go I routinely watch Notser, Flamu, Aeroon. I think Notser is a bit more 'noob friendly' as a lot of his commentary focuses on the basics and he does explain, at length, what he's doing and why he's doing it. Flamu and Aeroon are a little more geared towards intermediate/advanced play because I think some of their maneuvers are a bit more nuanced and might be harder for an inexperienced player to apply successfully.

I also agree with Mnt's recommendation to pick a line to specialize in and just play the hell out of it until you feel like your decisions are second nature. Remember, repetition is the mother of mastery!

thanks guys, I will check out those resources, appreciate it. If ships had come out first, I might never have played tanks, I have been a WW2 ships nerd since...forever. Do those guys also stream?

2 hours ago, capt-jay said:

thanks guys, I will check out those resources, appreciate it. If ships had come out first, I might never have played tanks, I have been a WW2 ships nerd since...forever. Do those guys also stream?

There are a few that do stream. Check out Flamuu, Notser and iChase on Twitch. 

And as Mnt said: you are welcome to join us in a division. :)

3 hours ago, MntRunner said:

Yep, we like long and slender things with seamen in it. Submarines ..... What were you thinking?

Wait... we were thinking "submarines"? 

thanks for the fellowship lads, I have added u to the friends list....

Shit at ships, I think, but interested...

Assuming I ever get not addicted to tanks.

16 hours ago, capt-jay said:

2 hours ago, Errants said:

Shit at ships, I think, but interested...

Assuming I ever get not addicted to tanks.

Sent you both a discord invite. 

Hey Mnt, would love to join up, especially if you have a handful of West coasters. Have ships at all tiers from 2-8 and would love falling in with a good crew. Generally active ~4 days a week. Sitting pretty at 58% right now.

Not-Douche evidence submitted as every post I've made on wotlabs and my sexy Patron status. 

52 minutes ago, Expendable_Lad said:

Hey Mnt, would love to join up, especially if you have a handful of West coasters. Have ships at all tiers from 2-8 and would love falling in with a good crew. Generally active ~4 days a week. Sitting pretty at 58% right now.

Not-Douche evidence submitted as every post I've made on wotlabs and my sexy Patron status. 

Sure thing, I've got an invite out to you. All our wotlabs people have been pretty cool, so I feel safe inviting wotlabers like yourself who meet our ability requirement. Also, here is the link to our discord server. https://discord.gg/yrYabbJ  I also added it in the top post so any wotlaber can come join us even if their not interested in joining the clan.

I have to say, I was awed by the sweet, dulcet, sotto voce voice of MntRunner - listening to him on Discord is reason enough to apply alone!

18 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

I have to say, I was awed by the sweet, dulcet, sotto voce voice of MntRunner - listening to him on Discord is reason enough to apply alone!

Sounds like someone has a man crush. I should tell you I'm already taken.

3 hours ago, MntRunner said:

Sounds like someone has a man crush. I should tell you I'm already taken.

McGuirk?  Sly bastard .....    :feelsbad:

3 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

Well, this thread took an unexpected turn. lol

Actually meaningful, varied topics slowly descending into latent, mild or blatant homoeroticism is pretty much every wotlabs thread ever. 

9 minutes ago, Expendable_Lad said:

Actually meaningful, varied topics slowly descending into latent, mild or blatant homoeroticism is pretty much every wotlabs thread ever. 

It happened on Discord last night when I said something along the lines of 'Stop moving. I'm gonna smoke you up' to Jakorsis and other guys in channel were all like 'Oh. Sounds dirty.' lol

On 26/01/2017 at 7:59 PM, Expendable_Lad said:

Auditioning for the role of Ships-sub Rex and Ziddie.

Man, maybe I should play with some of you this week. Sounds fun