ZXrage

Sandbox opening again soon

117 posts in this topic

Played a few games, got shot for 1500+ by t10 arty twice. Every game is 3x arty. Hide, move in the herd or kemp bush. Boring, will not play again until arty revision comes.

2 hours ago, Medjed said:

please rush this horseshit to live servers so the game can finally die and fuck off.....just like the first iteration of sandbox, this one as well is cancerous as fuck....they are turning the game into a close quarter combat bullshit....let's give people shotguns instead of tank guns, same shit

This. Game is cancer now (bad teams, bad MM, cancers) but this literally kills tanks that aren't IS fuckin 3. 

This render useless all soft tanks. 

How do you get a sandbox account?

Also I think leopard 1 pen nerf  is too excessive. The gun is pretty much the only good thing about it in this meta.

1 hour ago, MAJEST1C said:

How do you get a sandbox account?

Also I think leopard 1 pen nerf  is too excessive. The gun is pretty much the only good thing about it in this meta.

Sandbox meta is designed to kill tanks like leopard, get yourself a Type 5 noob - thats what all the cool kids will be driving. :serb:

The accuracy nerf is basically also a steal HEAT nerf, if you can only aim at tanks instead of weak spots - HEAT becomes a lot less viable.

Alright. What the actual fuck?

Whether I agree with it or not I kind of understand the reasoning behind nerfing pen at distance. Shitters don't understand the spotting system and get upset about getting rekt from draw distance. So somewhere there's some kind of thought process happening.

But WHO THE FUCK AT ANY POINT SAID THERES TOO MUCH ACCURACY??? It doesn't fucking matter if you're red, green, or purple NOBODY FUCKING LIKES THEIR FUCKING SHELLS DERPING INTO THE GROUND. Where the actual fuck did they get this idea from? Never have I once heard anyone complain about guns being too accurate.

Are you fucking high WG? GTFO.

In addition to all of the already mentioned issues with the accuracy changes, doesn't giving 120mm guns which Already have better ROF and accuracy the same alpha as 122mm guns just make them better in every way? I know they are getting a corresponding rof nerf but still. Russian bias confirmed?

7 minutes ago, SuperTheBoss said:

In addition to all of the already mentioned issues with the accuracy changes, doesn't giving 120mm guns which Already have better ROF and accuracy the same alpha as 122mm guns just make them better in every way? I know they are getting a corresponding rof nerf but still. Russian bias confirmed unconfirmed?

FTFY

I agree with the accuracy nerfs. Nerf it into oblivion. I'm tired of some dank shitter in an E75 just simply turning their turret, firing and them hitting my ammo rack. Fuck that. Yet I aim, aim aim and my shots go wild.

Love it.

22 minutes ago, clownshoes2 said:

I agree with the accuracy nerfs. Nerf it into oblivion. I'm tired of some dank shitter in an E75 just simply turning their turret, firing and them hitting my ammo rack. Fuck that. Yet I aim, aim aim and my shots go wild.

Love it.

Is this sarcasm over the net that i didnt get just by reading it or are you for real?

55 minutes ago, clownshoes2 said:

Love it.

You played that sack of shit? You aim aim and aim, then you miss and reload about 13s...

Mweah, everything that made first sandbox good (alpha dmg nerf, TD changes, arty changes, hp buffs, mobility nerfs for heavys) seems to be cancalled, leaving only the accuracy and pen nerfs, while pen nerfs are not that bad, if WG wont nerf gold (more as they did right now) it wont change anything.

Alpha dmg and camp 2 win are the problems, and neither gets changed, a Maus still wont be able to cross some open terrein without getting shred by HEAT and a Obj 268 will still get outsniped by any tier 10 medium...

ps: or are they really going to try out arty on a seperate sandbox version? (like they said ages ago)

5 hours ago, KittenFixE50ValuesBabyRage said:

Linear or is it some weird curve? 

No clue, I just went off what WG has written

" Penetration values of AP and APCR shells begin decreasing at 50 m (instead of 100 m), and they lose 18% and 23% of their initial values at 500 m."

They won't kill the game, just farm the shitters that keep playing, more rng + no heat nerf (almost standard tier X prem ammo) = more money to WG, more failed shots, absorved by tracks and more gold spam (also the encourage people to grind to tier X, cause penning them with any other tier, except td's heat will be impossible).

29 minutes ago, Marty said:

No clue, I just went off what WG has written

" Penetration values of AP and APCR shells begin decreasing at 50 m (instead of 100 m), and they lose 18% and 23% of their initial values at 500 m."

Hm. I'm just going to assume that it will be a linear path. But in any case, it pretty much means mostly heat spam in medium at 200m+. Time to farm more credits Bois. 

I feel like WG has learned nothing from the first Sandbox test. Also, while I understand they want to make the alpha similar between 120mm and 122mm guns, why does it not apply to other calibers, or even same caliber but different tanks? Quickly threw this in excel based on the damage values I remember:

mm dmg change (mm) % change (mm) change (dmg) % change (dmg)
88 240 0 0.00% 0 0.00%
90 240 2 2.27% 0 0.00%
100 250 10 11.11% 10 4.17%
100 300 0 0.00% 50 20.00%
100 320 0 0.00% 20 6.67%
105 390 5 5.00% 70 21.88%
120 440 15 14.29% 50 12.82%
122 440 2 1.67% 0 0.00%
130 490 8 6.56% 50 11.36%
130 550 0 0.00% 60 12.24%
150 750 20 15.38% 200 36.36%
170 1050 20 13.33% 300 40.00%

Did WG learn nothing from the first test? It seems as though they are intent on killing long-range combat without taking individual tanks' strengths and weaknesses into account.

All they really need to do is rebalance artillery, none of this 'stun' crap, just give it a role that doesn't include one-shotting/shotgunning tanks.

So much vitriol, so little actual playing on the SB.

My impressions so far are just like the initial one.  It's fun (coming from someone who quit WoT nearly two years ago) but not because of the intentional changes WG put in.  There aren't any gold rounds (yet) so mouthbreathers simply can't press 2 and negate the one advantage some vehicles have.  Long range fire isn't dead, you just have to position yourself for a change (thus mediums become about mobility which is what it always should have been).  There are so many vehicles with effectively no armor that the pen drop-off isn't an issue.

So far top damage dealers have been mediums (mostly the TVP) and various TDs.  Despite the rumors you simply can't jump in a heavy, press W, and win (which was never the case in the first iteration of SB even without gold rounds).

Unfortunately I don't see how it won't devolve into the shitshow the last SB turned into once folks get enough gold to jump into games with full gold loadouts.  WG, just like the initial release of WoT, seems to have accidentally discovered the right thing if just for a brief amount of time.

Edit: The biggest nuisance right now is the lack of credits.  Be careful which 4 vehicles you outfit because that's all you can afford.  Pro move, WG.

slow heavy tanks are horrible to play. the reason is simple, arty, but we wont touch the mouthbreathers class, so we will just rek every other class.

rip wot

In my opinion, anything that serves to slow down the pace of the game is a positive change to this game.

Disparity of skill developed over the 6 years of this game has made games far too fast and far too uncontrollable, a nerf to sigma will certainly serve to slow down the game enough to at least alleviate the problem for now, until the disparity in skill once again calls for a more drastic measure.

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

T10 tanks which fire HEAT as premium amo are :doge2:

And T10 which fire APCR as premium amo are :wut:

Tables have turned once again. 

How? HEAT doesn't lose pen but it can hit a shit at distance, this is second accuracy neef if i remeber. Everything is setup for 50m brawling where only relevant thing is armor and alpha. 

1 hour ago, FavreFan4ever said:

All they really need to do is remove artillery, none of this 'stun' crap, just give it a role that doesn't include one-shotting/shotgunning tanks.

FTFY. 

I would also bump SCOUTS VR (so they count more) and little bit ot gun handling so they easier hit weakspots.

Everything else is just fine.

I know it's not a Sim game, but tanks gun designers never designed guns to be inaccurate or pattern thier shot groupings like shotgun pellets.  They were designed to consistently hit in groupings.  Just because some huge bunch of retards sits still in a heavy and some guy who can actually aim puts 2 or 3 rounds in the cupola or front sprocket cries like babies isn't reason to change this.  Making guns that were actually accurate less so and thereby relatively making big inaccurate derp guns designed to shoot buildings more accurate is stupid and bad for game play.

How did they come up with these rate of fire changes to go with the alpha changes? For example, the Jg100 loses 100 alpha AND 75 DPM. It's not that hard!

950 damage * 60 seconds / 2,450 DPM = 23.3 seconds < 24 seconds

#learn2math

I agree that WG is testing the wrong changes, but let's keep in mind that WG said over and over that the sandbox server was intended to build a new version, gather a lot of ideas, and then tear it down and build another one (hence the name). This has been their response to all the rage and worry. And they've promised not to push things to live too quickly or if too many players disapprove. And so far they've kept their word, right? 

5 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Mweah, everything that made first sandbox good...seems to be cancalled

I don't think much has been cancelled. I think this is just WG using the SB server like a sandbox, as promised. 

I don't have lots of faith in WG, but I'm also not pessimistic.