ZXrage

Sandbox opening again soon

117 posts in this topic

It's hillarious what a platoon of maus can do without gold ammo in the game

On 1/24/2017 at 10:01 AM, Madner Kami said:

This alone should be the biggest warning-sign for every developer of the game, because not only does that mean what you said, it also means that the team with the better heavy-players wins and while I and I think most of us here agree, that those with better skills should win, it also means that there is no point in driving anything but a heavy, due to them being so dominant and nothing else having such an impact on the game. This is a frightening prospect and the same bullshit that broke the original sandbox's back to begin with.

Yes exactly, we are reaching the point (and some people on sandbox are effectively arguing that) where the game is basically all about heavies and everything else there is just a crappy support tank that is only good against the other crappy support tanks, whilst the heavies pretty much hard counter everything.

Same is happening in WOWs, the BBs there have either had their weaknesses against every counter buffed or every threat against them has been so heavily nerfed that the entire teams prospects depend on what your BB players do because they ultimately are the class that decides the game.

Every time on sandbox you bring up the fact that mediums should at least have a chance at fighting heavies frontally, you get this 'you must flank' parroted at you. The guys parroting it don't get that you have to have maps to flank heavies in the first place, plus on sandbox flanking and shooting them in the sides from range is ropey as all hell, because of the pen nerfs and accuracy changes. So in reality its' flank them at close ranges, not to mention fuck all cross fire positions and two map flanks supporting each other.

The other thing they seem to forget is flanking requires teamwork, it requires someone to occupy that enemy heavy frontally whilst you get round his side, otherwise he just turns to face you.

Which you'll notice on sandbox, even if you get flush side shots into something from like 200m, if the guy you are hitting notices and nothing is keeping him occupied he turns his front to you and you are now screwed whilst that IS7 just pens your Leopard or Fatton with ease.

So in essence these heavy tank players loving the sandbox basically want to be close to invulnerable frontally and only really threatened when they are outnumbered 2 to 1, and they seem to think this is fine and fun.

But it would obviously only lead to people playing just heavies because they would be the only tanks capable of actually doing something on their own. 

On 1/24/2017 at 0:39 PM, nabucodonsor said:

Question: why there are the tier 8  LTs unbuffed and with tier 11 mm? What is the point of that? Just to prove that wg doesnt give a fuck or there is something that i am missing?

Makes no sense to me either, best bet was to just leave them out because you aren't creating a 'live server' tier 10 experience anyway without tier 9s, nor are you because half the players are just using tanks they don't have to try them out.

I can understand them not putting the super test lights in there because they have already changed stats once in like a week so you know people would be playing them and then make a shit storm about how crap the new 1390 was only for it to be buffed a weak later.

But to test armour viability and penetration loses you don't really need lights data, you might as well have included tier 8s. 

Second Sandbox iteration is out bois, now it's all about the arta. The previous aka SB first iteration changes aren't present in this build nor the newest tanks on the current common test server.

News article: http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/sandbox-2-iteration-artillery/

Video:

Changelog:

• Introduced stun effect, revised and improved following last year’s Sandbox test:
    • Implemented the ability to reduce the stun effect and lift it completely with consumables, which are now multi-use.
    • Added stun indicators that should help both teams quickly assess the situation and adjust their battle plans accordingly.
  • Revised SPG ammo load, shell, and combat parameters:
    • No AP and HEAT shells for SPGs
    • Decreased penetration and alpha damage for HE shells, while also improving their accuracy, dispersion on the move, aiming and reload time.
  • Increased the blast radius and revised the damage falloff within it.
  • Introduced target area marking so that SPGs can show friendly vehicles where they are aiming.
  • Added alternative aim for SPGs to make arty gameplay more engaging and efficient.

SB is up right now so anyone with access can play it themselves.

Best arty change is arty removal. Everything else is shit. Let them stun targets....if multiple Artie's are focusing a super heavy, good luck

"It will be difficult to soften up targets from range, you'll no longer have the penetration to get the job done.  This forces you to get up close and trade punches."

Literally RIP NATO mediums forever WG.  I wonder if they realize that I would rather open a vein than play slow ass brick tanks?  I am easily in the top 1% of spending players - its literally as if they are trying to force me to quit giving them money.  

-EDIT

Just watched the arty video, at the 7:50 mark "with a single shell you'll be able to stop the advance of 5 enemy tanks"

Cuz thats not cancerous at all.

I guess I'll download again tonight and explore world of perma-stun.

Both sandbox and common test in the same time? Weird.

I have that weird feeling about accuracy? Literally every gun is now a freaking laser. No need to aim no matter how bad base accuracy is.

1 hour ago, MacusFlash said:

I have that weird feeling about accuracy? Literally every gun is now a freaking laser. No need to aim no matter how bad base accuracy is.

Yeah, I also feel like its easy mode.  Stun is way better than old SB, they backed off of the crazy traverse nerfs for heavies, and seriously - are all RU players not named Straik really this bad?

For me even 2.1 SB was better despite shit accuracy and penetration with tons of cancer. Now cancer is way more accurate and makes my play an unpleased experience. 

Most of SB players are terrible. Camping on Steppes 50-100 meters from spawn is a meta.

On 9/2/2017 at 7:49 PM, MacusFlash said:

For me even 2.1 SB was better despite shit accuracy and penetration with tons of cancer. Now cancer is way more accurate and makes my play an unpleased experience. 

Most of SB players are terrible. Camping on Steppes 50-100 meters from spawn is a meta.

Ah so it is not only me then. I do not understand the reason for camping since it is just a test server. Also I struggle more here than on live to make dmg and carry games despite the higher hp pool. Is it happening to others too or i am just terribad? I mean i am not playing superseriously but still....

I guess they are looking to see if the SB changes will be able to attract formerly-enfranchised players, because my application was accepted just in time for the v3 test. 

What can I expect in the meta? And what has been changed the most about regular tanks so that I can focus on that? 

Was watching qb yesterday, tier 9 spg shotgun him at close rangenin his t10 AMX light tank, done 950 damage and he burned to death. Not technically a one shot but the entire class is still a load of bollox

Think SB testers will get some kind of reward? Any precedent on this?

^ Not seen it mentioned. 

On 19/03/2017 at 2:35 PM, Copeyhagen said:

Was watching qb yesterday, tier 9 spg shotgun him at close rangenin his t10 AMX light tank, done 950 damage and he burned to death. Not technically a one shot but the entire class is still a load of bollox

Right now they can one shot heavily armored heavy's. If the new balance mans they can't even one shot light tank then i think i'll take that. 

21 minutes ago, DHP said:

Right now they can one shot heavily armored heavy's. If the new balance mans they can't even one shot light tank then i think i'll take that. 

There was another part in his stream when he got penned in the side by a Type 5. That was in the new T-100. With the arty alpha nerfs, I look forward to the day Glorious Nippon Steel will hurt more than skycancer.