Megumin

So what's the point of (possible) upcoming light tanks changes

77 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

The tier 7 lights that are staying on tier 7 have barely been nerfed, they will be very good.

You did notice, that the 13/75, while getting it's clip-reload buffed by a glorious second, looses two shells in it's magazine? SPIC is another butt-fucked candiate, ending up with a whooping 1440 DPM. I wouldn't call that barely nerfed. Conversely the russian fantasy-vehicle. Lowest profile in the game while retaining a sturdy turret. That thing is going to be a bitch to dispose of. Question @ WG: Where the flying fluff is the driver in that thing?

I think it's a pretty good change. Whether WG can balance them correctly is another question, but it's nice to make light tanks consistent with other tiers in terms of power, MM and ability to get endgame vehicles. It adds more standard vehicles to the game without needing whole new lines, and it also roughly doubles the amount of XP you need to finish the LTs. Both are good for the sake of WG's pockets and keeping the playerbase grinding. Losing their special status as MM "freebie" tanks expected to do very little sucks for performance, but I think the general playerbase cares far more about how powerful a tank feels to play, allowing WG to "buff" the class without theoretically needing to buff their winrates.

We'll just have to see if WG can keep the jenga tower that is LT balance stable enough. The last few times they added T10s to classes that didn't previously have them, they shit the bed.

2 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

You did notice, that the 13/75, while getting it's clip-reload buffed by a glorious second, looses two shells in it's magazine? SPIC is another butt-fucked candiate, ending up with a whooping 1440 DPM. I wouldn't call that barely nerfed. Conversely the russian fantasy-vehicle. Lowest profile in the game while retaining a sturdy turret. That thing is going to be a bitch to dispose of. Question @ WG: Where the flying fluff is the driver in that thing?

Well losing it's clip potential is understandable, it's seeing tier 5s, I'll predict the same will happen with the T71 I reckon.

Still is getting an aim time buff, intra clip is being buffed as well, so it'll take just 5.4s to do that 540 burst damage and a sub 14s reload is not bad for such a mobile tank. Plus it's penetration remains the same so is actually ok for a regular tier 7 at 144 with 200 APCR, rather than crap for something with tier 8 MM.

DPM is not much of an issue with autoloaders. The DPM if I have calculated it correctly is just short of 1700, that is hardly terrible for a tier 7. It's the same DPM as the Bulldog currently has, as much as an IS and like 200 more than a T20. 

It's only losing 50 HP, keeping it;s mobility, keeping it's view range. Basically it's losing two shells and about 250 DPM for dropping down a whole tier, seems a pretty good idea to me.

Didn't notice the SP1C DPM, but that and pen is all it seems to have lost, even had the same HP and 400m view range on tier 7.  They are probably worried about it obsoleting the T20 because it's basically a faster, more stealthy, T20 with more view range and less HP.

Plus they are initial stats. All the tier 9 ones got further buffs. 

The WZ-131 has barely changed, the T71 has also barely changed bar pen and the ugly Russian thing is a faster Lttb with less pen and a bit less DPM.

For now not seeing tier 10 these tanks have barely been touched.

Also don't get all the fuss people make about autoloaders losing shells, faster burst damage and faster shell reload gives better utility for most of the game. Also makes them less annoying to play against, meaning people can't yolo suicide you for all your HP. 

As a non-light player who wants to learn and has been working at it a bit, I'm also quite intrigued. I have the LTTB, 13-75, Type-64, and BlackDog.  I could re-buy the SP1C, T71, Bulldog, and T37.  Should I rebuy these before the changes?  Or will I be able to rebuy after if unlocked already? I'd prefer to wait to see how they actually fare  

The changes to the 13-75 make it a bit more like the current SP1C, it seems to me, which does just fine.

Which T7 lights are staying T7?  What's happening to the T6 lights?  What will happen to the ELC?

Is there some list of the proposed changes from T5 up?  If not, someone with access to the info that could make one would probably get many, many boats. 

5 hours ago, tajj7 said:

The WZ-131 has barely changed

That's a pretty liberal use of the word barely =)

It loses almost 3 rounds per minute from its current top 85mm, just under 600dpm down to 1600. Aim time goes up by .2. That's a pretty significant change in firepower. It's essentially a stealthier, more mobile paper 34-1 at the cost of about 25% of the firepower.

For an improvement of a whole tier lower MM it's counts as barely. 

It's going to see tier 5s now and not see tier 10 and for that massive buff, it gets a few tiny nerfs. 

I've barely played lights past tier 6 since they've always been crap, even though scouting would totally be my thing if they weren't. I can't speak much for the higher tier changes because of that, but the recently posted list of tier 6 changes in tanks I've played are really good imo. Some may still not end up balanced in relation to each other overall, but they're not even reducing their effectiveness much as they drop an entire tier. I wouldn't be surprised if the higher tiers were more borked up, but I'm looking forward to seeing at least tier 5-6 lights being playable at last.

Tier 5 stats are apparently on super test according to the blogs. https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/02/17/supertest-tier-5-light-tank-stats/ A bit more awkward than the tier 6 changes were.

ELC losing its key features for a full rotating turret and trash gun. Will be a camo ninja now instead of a yolotard jouster, which means bads will stop playing it and being annoying as hell. T-50 being abused yet again, this time by being promoted to tier 5 without squat improvements including that insulting 330 view range. M7 is being screwed around with, maybe not for the better. VK will be OP if they really are just dropping it a tier and carving off some HPs; 360 potential alpha on a tier 5 light isn't exactly what I'd call balanced. Chaffee keeps 390 view range, which is too much.

On 25.1.2017 at 4:04 PM, Folterknecht said:

more t10 tanks = more $ in Serbs pocket

On 26.1.2017 at 8:04 AM, zapyoug said:

Light tanks are generally garbage in pubs and wargaming is *trying* to fix this 

It's a great idea but the devs haven't the slightest fucking clue how the game works so it ends up being like "lithg tenks shud do scoot. bat bcuz lit tenk, shud onyl ba abel to socut dan ont sooht" :drunk:

^^ this and ^^this

At Cyprus nichts neues

On the tier 6 light tank listing they showed the German 75mm as 132 pen instead of 110. IIRC 132 was the gun's actual historical pen. Now the German 50mm is coming up with a 100mm value instead of 67. So it sounds like they're planning to make a long overdue change to some penetration values of German guns.

360 alpha is in reference to the VK's auto cannon. It's the same as the Luchs, but with 12 shells instead of 10. VK will be a terror if it keeps that, just as the Luchs would be an abomination of game balance if they kept its 10 clip magazine and dropped it a tier. If it were me I'd give them all 6 round clips as with the Pz IIG and just keep upping the reload speed.

So, the M7 is a LT now?  Will it still get the 57mm or is it stuck with the shit 75mm?  RIP ELC, there are actually people that will probably quit the game over the ELC nerf . . . 

On 2/18/2017 at 10:26 AM, Fabunil said:

The T-50 gets 330 viewrange?

A "scout" that gets less viewrange than most "normal" tanks at its tier?:serb:

WG always knew what is wrong.

This is another prove they are clueless. 

On 18-2-2017 at 10:26 AM, Fabunil said:

The T-50 gets 330 viewrange?

A "scout" that gets less viewrange than most "normal" tanks at its tier?:serb:

T-50 shits on every tier 4 medium tank alrdy (if it wasnt for the shitty mm)

13 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

RIP ELC seal clubbing  :feelsbad:

240 APCR NeverForgetti2k17

They really want people not to grind to the bat chat anymore. Before at least the t5 was good. Now? 1390 gimped, tvp introduced to make the BC less attractive and now this? Can wg not try to make all the french tanks ebola?

Hard to feel sad about the ELC, annoying stat padders tanks that could often makes games completely painful, a bit like the E 25. 

Also makes sense to me, 90mm gun on a highly mobile, highly stealthy tier 5 or 6 is tough to balance and they obviously didn't want to bump it up a tier because every other tank in the line is an autoloader with 3 crew members so better to have it start the line where it doesn't impact crew or playstyle too much. 

Pretty certain we will see a tier 7 or 8 ELC 90 premium tank as well, just to milk all the ELC lovers out there.

RIP the guy on SEA that has like 14k battles in the thing.

The rest of the stats look complete placeholder to me, some have barely changed despite moving a whole tier. 

For example the 1200 DPM on the ELC is it's current DPM with the 90mm and the 330m view range on the T40 is it's value for tier 4. 

Pardon me if it is not the right thread, but has there been any hints of preliminary information what happens to blackdog?

2 minutes ago, Vesirott said:

Pardon me if it is not the right thread, but has there been any hints of preliminary information what happens to blackdog?

So far nobody has heard a single word about any of the premium lights

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

They really want people not to grind to the bat chat anymore. Before at least the t5 was good. Now? 1390 gimped, tvp introduced to make the BC less attractive and now this? Can wg not try to make all the french tanks ebola?

I can work with T6-7-8, but they are expensive as fuck (apcr + food), but ELC was a highlight of the line, ebola gun handling with might APCR and CAMO, balancing IS-3 never was more fun.

46 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

So far nobody has heard a single word about any of the premium lights

I got BlackDog and really like it, but if they mess with him (in worse direction) i expect shitstorm.