bathoz

Ranked Season 6: Back to Seven

195 posts in this topic

14 total games in ranked and I am 1-star into rank 14. 78% W/R so far:

7/7 with Sims

2/2 with Nagato

2/5 with Belfast. 

To be fair I never played the Belfast before last night, bought it with some spare doubloons in game and just threw it into ranked. Total hubris.  I always outrun my smoke and don't really have a good captain in it. Then get worked by enemy Schors, Pensas, Scharns etc. (Actually only one real potato game last night, but still punching well below my weight).

But I am still like a yellow belt at Belfast- great ship, I just don't know what I am doing in it yet. 

Sims I just love and have a good feel for, but worried about getting the same production out of it with what I think will be more Belfast-stacked games as I get into higher ranks. 

Nagato feels pretty comfy in any scenario if you have reasonable awareness. 

KancolleWuzHere is quite a proficient CV player, from what I've seen, I wouldn't say he failed his way there.

47 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

KancolleWuzHere is quite a proficient CV player, from what I've seen, I wouldn't say he failed his way there.

If you took nearly 500 games with a winrate an error-margin from 50% then you failed your way there.

32 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

If you took nearly 500 games with a winrate an error-margin from 50% then you failed your way there.

and with NA CV wait times in ranked queue he not only ate a ton of losses, but had to wait 5 minutes in queue between each battle 500 times...

Edit: Or as a proficient CV player he chose to not play CVs?

I'm guessing he just didn't play CVs, because he hasn't struck me as the sort to fail their way to rank one, especially not in the time period.

https://na.warships.today/player/1011002407/Kancollewuzhere

It's not like he's a bad player who spammed the battles and got carried there through luck.

You're right.  Solid player all around, looks like he just let his little brother play ranked on his account... 

His ranked numbers vs. randoms is whacked. Very much a Jekyll and Hyde split in performance.

"For my next trick, I will play ranked and roll my face on the keyboard and check the results!"

That's a really weird set of stats. He's actually fine in the Nagato and good in his carriers. However he's mediocre in the Gneisenau and dire in the Flint. I'm not sure if he lent the account to someone or he was spamming ships to grind because that isn't consistent with his randoms. I'd still be pissed if I saw him regularly on my team with ranked form like that.

Just lost a match and rank from an Akatsuki 1 shotting my full health Mahan on an HE magazine detonation.  Thank god we have the worst RNGesus in this and WoT.....fucking dumb. 

52 minutes ago, Vitellius9 said:

Just lost a match and rank from an Akatsuki 1 shotting my full health Mahan on an HE magazine detonation.  Thank god we have the worst RNGesus in this and WoT.....fucking dumb. 

That's your fault for being an idiot and not running anti-det flags on a DD. Especially in ranked. In ranked all my ships get detonation flags, because fuck RNG.

Yes, I realized that after since I havent played in years.  Still dumb. 

I did a relatively quick rush from rank 21 to rank 10 with the Nagato in 21 games in order to get the flag. By then my Nagato grind was done, so I moved the captain to the Amagi.

However, I'm begining to see a lot of comments about the rank 9 reward, which apparently actually is useful. Is the reward worth the effort og grinding 1 more rank?

Nagato stats:

Icon Name Tier Type Nation Battles ▼ WR Dmg XP K/D Sh☠ Pl☠ Srv MBH TH WTR
  12345678910 DDCA/CLBBCV JapanUSAUSSRUKGermanyPoland  
PJSB010.png Nagato 7 BB japan_wows.svg Japan 21 76.19% 77,248 2,040 13.0 1.2 0.9 90% 30% 0% 1,559

7 hours ago, Birkovic said:

I did a relatively quick rush from rank 21 to rank 10 with the Nagato in 21 games in order to get the flag. By then my Nagato grind was done, so I moved the captain to the Amagi.

However, I'm begining to see a lot of comments about the rank 9 reward, which apparently actually is useful. Is the reward worth the effort og grinding 1 more rank?

Nagato stats:

Icon Name Tier Type Nation Battles ▼ WR Dmg XP K/D Sh☠ Pl☠ Srv MBH TH WTR
    12345678910 DDCA/CLBBCV JapanUSAUSSRUKGermanyPoland  
PJSB010.png Nagato 7 BB japan_wows.svg Japan 21 76.19% 77,248 2,040 13.0 1.2 0.9 90% 30% 0% 1,5

the rank 9 one is decent, double the time of speed boost instead of less change to lose engine/rudder is worth it on DD's (last stands means it does not really matter), every thing else is a total waste of time.

OK, cool. That seems to be the general consensus on Reddit etc. too.

Is the Scharnhorst viable for grinding from rank 10 => 9 or should I try to learn how to Belfast?

5 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

Is the Scharnhorst viable for grinding from rank 10 => 9 or should I try to learn how to Belfast?

Anything but maybe Ranger is viable there. Bad players have already grinded to these ranks, I guess most good players who care are rank 5 or better by now. Played last time almost week ago and there were belfasts etc cruisers sailing side fully open towards my Nagato not even trying to change direction or speed, at 12km distance. Stuff like that...

3 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Scharnhorst is fine if you're good in the ship.  I used it for all but 4 of my games to get to Rank 5 and had a 91% win rate in it up to that point.  If you're good with the guns, it's excellent at killing destroyers, does good damage against cruisers (although you won't get one-salvo kills as often as Nagato), and beats other battleships in a battle of attrition while moving into close range for torps and secondaries.  It's also the best battleship for making a Belfast fuck off from its smoke or die.

I've played a lot more Sims after Rank 5, but that's due to the poor destroyer play my teams were getting.

14 hours ago, Vitellius9 said:

Yes, I realized that after since I havent played in years.  Still dumb. 

It's frustrating but on the plus side in WoWs you at least get some detonation flags for your trouble. Get ammo racked in WoT and all you get is a one way ticket to the garage.

3 hours ago, Mesrith said:

I've played a lot more Sims after Rank 5, but that's due to the poor destroyer play my teams were getting.

Had my best ranked battle ever in Sims last night- only game I played.

3048 base xp, 100k damage, 3 kills. Clawed victory from the jaws of defeat.  Best match I have had in a while. With mardi gras camo, dragon flag, and +50% to base and captain xp flags I made THIRTY EIGHT THOUSAND CAPTAIN XP. 

Wow, 38k commander XP is a lot. The best I've ever done is about 30k and that was during a commander XP bonus weekend.

Stuck on rank 9

On 3/2/2017 at 9:23 PM, SoliDeoGloria said:

That's your fault for being an idiot and not running anti-det flags on a DD. Especially in ranked. In ranked all my ships get detonation flags, because fuck RNG.

Does that include your bbs? 

On ‎03‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 0:16 PM, Crossfader said:

the rank 9 one is decent, double the time of speed boost

Oh, I totally missed that. I always stop at rank 10 because ranked is imho boring like hell but for that module I might be tempted to throw a few more games in the Shiratsuyu into this mode.

3 hours ago, MAJEST1C said:

Stuck on rank 9

Does that include your bbs? 

Yes, I run det flags on everything in ranked. I'm not leaving that to RNG, especially when I suck at torpedobeats. Exception is carriers, but I don't have a carrier high enough to play in ranked.

Finished it in 89 games with a 72% win rate.  I should have made it in fewer than that, but I probably spent 15 or more games just getting through Rank 2, which was an up-down roadblock for me.

2 hours ago, Mesrith said:

Finished it in 89 games with a 72% win rate.  I should have made it in fewer than that, but I probably spent 15 or more games just getting through Rank 2, which was an up-down roadblock for me.

What ships were you running? I'd like to use the Belfast but I refuse to buy it until it goes on sale. I'm rank 10 but have probably only put 15 games or so into ranked so far this season. I think I have the Saipan, Scharnhorst, Blyskawica, Indianapolis, Atlanta, and Sims to use. Used exclusively the Sims to get to rank 1 a couple seasons ago, but radar is far more prevalent now and there doesn't seem to be as many DD users this ranked season either.