bathoz

Ranked Season 6: Back to Seven

187 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2017 at 9:54 PM, 33nfidel said:

Oarsum weekend players last 3 in a row, too fa fwd in Scharn, I smoke for him and he parks in smoke:

dark.png

Battle Button Spammer's Leaderboard Ranked S6:

Current R6 Ballespam leaderboard from Ship Compare resized.jpg

dark.png

Drives AKATS from rear of pack

What the...had a Belfast today on my side twice (yay losses). Looked him up, ~950 ranked battles this season. He shows up now as #5 w/938 battles, but isn't on your shot here from a few days ago. (Please fall out of 2-5, please fall out...) Holy battlespamming...

Does WG even give a shit about these guys?  It is pretty stupid that you can fail your way to rank 1 just by clicking battle.

1000 Games in 30 days is insane.  That is about 8 hours of play every day for a month.  

On 14/03/2017 at 9:01 AM, NightmareMk9 said:

Does WG even give a shit about these guys?  It is pretty stupid that you can fail your way to rank 1 just by clicking battle.

1000 Games in 30 days is insane.  That is about 8 hours of play every day for a month.  

WG like them because it keeps their game afloat I imagine. Like most of the Minsk translations, ranked is quite stronk translation.

Z7k3EgT.jpg

Eff Ranked...this is insane.  1st battle tonight was 1 AFK on team and a 42%er in Rank 10.  Second battle I look up stats at countdown, my team had same AFK who sat AFK 2 42%ers, 2 43%ers and a 45%.  At least I easily stole top exp.  That's just not right though.  WG sucks at managing bots/tards. 

Easy night to go from rank three to two. Only took six games, five wins and one loss (that I was top exp in). Maass continues to be great in ranked.

3 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

Easy night to go from rank three to two. Only took six games, five wins and one loss (that I was top exp in). Maass continues to be great in ranked.

shame i never got to try her... only time someone ever said something good about the german DD's

On 13.3.2017 at 11:31 PM, NightmareMk9 said:

That's what you get, when you base the rank of individual players almost solely on the most team-based statistic.

Today's MVP team players;

dark.png In a Myoko (maybe an ARP)

dark.png In a Scharnhorst which they confused with a Lowe

Love my 120 ping (to server)

The shit floats ("achieves neutral boyancy"?) to the middle is strong in ranked. Since hitting rank 9 everyone just sits blind in their smoke hoping someone else spots.  Painful playing that meta in the Nagato.

14 hours ago, Crossfader said:

shame i never got to try her... only time someone ever said something good about the german DD's

I hear a lot of good things from some guys in KNTAI about her too. I suspect it's just the playstyle, and being unexpected to the usual destroyers.

I say Maass is an oddball out in the tree in that it enjoys a combination of good things that other ships in the tree enjoy only in separate parts.

1. It has fattest hp pool with a comfortable 2k difference between the second best (Blys).

2. It has a competitive HE dpm nearly same as that of buffed Minsk/Leningrad and slightly higher than that of Blys. Situational AP usage will ofc bring the dpm higher.

3. It has a competitive stealth value (same as Blys) compared to best knife-fighters in tier, which are Mahan and Sims.

17 hours ago, Expendable_Lad said:

Painful playing that meta in the Nagato.

But I luv it in Shiratsuyu - so many double and even some triple kills.

16 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

I hear a lot of good things from some guys in KNTAI about her too.

That was to be expected. The initial disappointment was out of bound. The ships are serviceable if a bit unexciting. The tier X could need something to make it unique though.

4V6YSxY.jpg

It was quite the grind to go from rank two to rank one today as you can see below.

omd82aY.jpg

Tell me something about Maass please. How do you approach a battle in it?

Rank 6 battle trying to get 5 and got this Nagato AFK's for first 5 minutes then sails straight though islands and dies after having all guns pointed at a 40% HP Myoko broadside at 13K and didn't shoot...

dark.png

Somehow, this dude made 592 battles in the season: He dies early then spams the living bejeezus out of chat AND finished bottom of team...

dark.png

http://shipcomrade.com/leaderboard.asp?name=YAMAM0T0&G=2&S=6&R=12&B=5&C=0&P=2

As if Ranked isn't frustrating enough, the fast that every battle has at least 1 bot/AFKer and multiple <42%ers is nauseating. 

Posted (edited)

On 19/03/2017 at 7:37 PM, Vitellius9 said:

As if Ranked isn't frustrating enough, the fast that every battle has at least 1 bot/AFKer and multiple <42%ers is nauseating. 

Had a pinko in a Mahan a couple of battles back who AFK'd North and went to the top corner. (We were spawned North...)

Edit:
Wish people would stop torping from behind, if they were on voice comms then maybe but ultrawide monitors and chatboxes...

I've been playing like shite, but just had the pink scarecrow_2015 (allegedly) on my team  in a Shira: He just killed one of the team cruisers from behind... Another ship while pink and holy battle count for a 99% DD player... 

dark.png

NA's "top 20":

zoyjnw2.jpg

Edited by 33nfidel
Last post is still last post

Tried Maas bit last night just for fun, 7 games, 1 lost, 1 best loser match. Seems work well when there is lot of other dd's in matches like ranks 5-1 seems to have.

- Torps are pretty good despite having bit too short range. They hit hard and I thing they have shorter than usual spotting range for being fast 65kn speed torps.

- 20k hitpoints + decent guns allows easily win gun duels against FOTM japan dd's. Like 30-40% hitpoint advantage compared to them, they have no chance.

- Sonar is good for protecting own team from torpedo walls. Typically your team ships sit in smoke and enemy dd's send torp walls there, spotting those early can save some friendly belfast/fiji getting erased.

About Sims: does it gets extra xp even in ranked matches from its premium status? Played couple games and did feel it just earns FAR too much exp for not doing much. For example one match was couple weak torpedo hits and not much gun fire damage (total 20k only), bit of assist damage, only assisted cap once... and 1400 exp with easy top in team. If true it gives big advantage when in losing team.

7 hours ago, sahtila said:

About Sims: does it gets extra xp even in ranked matches from its premium status? Played couple games and did feel it just earns FAR too much exp for not doing much. For example one match was couple weak torpedo hits and not much gun fire damage (total 20k only), bit of assist damage, only assisted cap once... and 1400 exp with easy top in team. If true it gives big advantage when in losing team.

I haven't seen any data mining or such to confirm it, but according to the general consensus on Reddit etc., the Sims has some kind of abnormal XP multiplier.

13 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

I haven't seen any data mining or such to confirm it, but according to the general consensus on Reddit etc., the Sims has some kind of abnormal XP multiplier.

It seems to have an abnormally high credit modifier. The thing makes tons of credits.

12 hours ago, sahtila said:

Tried Maas bit last night just for fun, 7 games, 1 lost, 1 best loser match. Seems work well when there is lot of other dd's in matches like ranks 5-1 seems to have.

snip

About Sims: does it gets extra xp even in ranked matches from its premium status?

Depends who is driving the Maas, they are hard to knock out of game but when focused seem to not have the agility of SIMS. You are right about their torps and their guns hit hard too. Might have to get one after R6 ends...

Agreed the two preceding posts, think I remember reading something about it earlier in this thread. Mesrith post was it?

Current top 20:
c9KeOCX.jpg

Had a, due to work, couple of weeks off any WoWs. Came back, Ranked battles are truly rank. I stopped at Rank 12 which was surprisingly easy to reach.

The standard of play at that level last night was truly awful.

43 minutes ago, Krollin said:

Had a, due to work, couple of weeks off any WoWs. Came back, Ranked battles are truly rank. I stopped at Rank 12 which was surprisingly easy to reach.

The standard of play at that level last night was truly awful.

It's always better I think to begin the ranked battle process about 1 week or less after it starts.  My reasoning is that you want to have a large number of good and above average players in your team mix, something you will see early on despite which rank you start at.  As you move forward, you should see your name in the top 3 every match, then comes the inevitable point where you start to struggle a bit, maybe even show up as bottom 3 from time to time.  When that starts happening, it's a warning signal that you are playing with people who are as good and probably better than you, and you can no longer count on being the top xp earner in a loss to keep from falling back.  That started for me at rank 10, and while I was moving forward a star or two, I was also moving back a star or two - but I was no longer automatically in the top 3.  I actually fell back to 11 before fighting back to 10 - and that is where I decided to stop.  Lots of people spam battles, hoping that RNG will take them forward, and considering the quality of team skill drops considerably towards the end of the season, they hope to become the cream of the crap, the best of the worst so that they start earning top xp again with crappy team mates.

I don't enjoy that kind of match, so I just stop at the level where I can influence the game with good team mates and good people opposite me, At this point, ranked is more like you playing a solo match with 6 bots with you versus 7 bots on the other team - frustrating no matter how well you do individually.

16 hours ago, Birkovic said:

We can't confirm any specific values, but there's plenty of circumstantial evidence.  We know for a fact that Wargaming uses per-ship XP and credit modifiers, since they used varying percentages for different ships when they reworked the economy awhile back.  It's also just easier (anecdotally) to hit high XP numbers in certain ships, Sims being one of them.  You can also get huge XP in things like Des Moines and Baltimore, because of WG's expected stats for them.  Just pull up my tier 7 destroyer stats on Warships.Today and see if my Sims' average XP makes sense when compared to my other destroyers.

Sims definitly earns mad XP. Cap a base and deal 20k damage and you are almost guaranteed to get top XP in a loosing team. Get 30k and you'll be top in a winning team.