Sign in to follow this  
zbran

DisplayPort cable help.

3 posts in this topic

Hello peeps :-)

Ok so I had the opportunity to pick up a 4K monitor for a price I just couldn't refuse. It's the one in the link.

https://www.asus.com/ie/Commercial-Monitors/PB287Q/

I don't have the hardware to run it at 4K but I will eventually. To run this particular screen @ 4K 60Hz I need to run it through a DisplayPort cable version 1.2. So my issue is my PC is about 25-30 feet away in another room. I've ran powered 10m USB's and a 10m HDMI lead to power my various peripherals. 

So the age old question I guess. Does cable quality matter when it comes to DisplayPort cables? The HDMI cable I'm using is a cheap piece of crap and its never given me an issue. I'm not to familiar with DisplayPort technology hence the question. Spanking you in advance :kappaross:

4K @28" :eww:

You wanna sit with magnifying glasses in front of that thing? Windows scaling is still shit.

And when it comes to quality, it's a digital connection. Either it adheres to the 1.2 standard or not. You can pick up a 10m DP 1.2 cable for around 20€ on amazon, if it doesn't work send it back. No sense in buying a 200€ snake oil cable.

19 minutes ago, Folterknecht said:

4K @28" :eww:

You wanna sit with magnifying glasses in front of that thing? Windows scaling is still shit.

And when it comes to quality, it's a digital connection. Either it adheres to the 1.2 standard or not. You can pick up a 10m DP 1.2 cable for around 20€ on amazon, if it doesn't work send it back. No sense in buying a 200€ snake oil cable.

Yes it was eye cancer for a while,still is really but tolerable now. I turned the text in Win7 up to 150% and set text in Firefox,much better.

Ok so start in the  20 quid bracket until I find a winner,got it.

Thank you :happyfish: