Sign in to follow this  
Victrix

Is the T44-100 good or another bad carbon print of the T44

32 posts in this topic

For the price its being sold its NOT worth it

Its nothing interesting tbh. Its hard to find a tank more generic and average than the T-44-100 is.

Its not bad, but unless you got it from marathon or ur collector, just pass.

I have the t54 mod 1 already and my overall feeling about it is just "meh"

I don't go out of my way to play it unless doing doubles for a crew in stronks, but I don't think it's "bad" like the t34 or t59 shatter

Is the t44-100 similar?

If that's the case I would say the Patriot, scorpion and the m48 are all worth the money much more, having all 3.

Edited by Victrix

Yea, even less reason to get one of if you already got Mod1.

It felt even more "meh" because while its better at tier 9/10 games than Mod1 its even less unique and you dont get those opportunities where you stomp lowtiers (happens like at best 1/5 of games but its still there).

Funny. I do way better in the T-44-100 than the T-54mod1. T-44 is more nimble, better gun (aiming and depression), and way better view range compared to the mod1 (current game version), so I'd say it is the better medium. 

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:t-44-100.c:t-54-mod-1

10 minutes ago, graukatze said:

Funny. I do way better in the T-44-100 than the T-54mod1. T-44 is more nimble, better gun (aiming and depression), and way better view range compared to the mod1 (current game version), so I'd say it is the better medium. 

I would have said the same thing.  The view range difference really jumps out, and the mobility is significantly better.  But for the $$$...it's on the pricey side, isn't it?

After looking at the differences I really think it's not worth it when you can get the t54, which is better in every way other than the 7 degrees of depression, better bloom and accuracy, and mobility on the 44-100

notworth

If the tank's turret was better it would have been a very good premium tank, but as it stands its very average. I tend to only really look at premiums for money making capability, and while it's decent the low penetration of its main round hurts that capability especially since it is not a pref tank. Despite its pen, it still seems workable but that's just my opinion.

I got this tank for free so I cannot complain too much about it, it's a nice alternative when my better money making premiums are in a battle. It's not worth real money though.

To all that said it before I played the marathon and grab it for the lofty sum of 2 tokens...$14.99? To that end it's OK . Having been gifted the Mod 1 from the PAX East 2016 booth visit helped me determine that. To pay $55 for it NFW.....

I am a permateal so comments may not be valid.

It's not worth the price.

However for me the 44-100 less frustrating to drive. The Mod1 34 shells is really painful, combined with a mediocre gun I am not confident enough to pull snap shots in it, I really don't fancy its turret as well, 180mm sounds thick but fat also the mantlet is 180mm spaced but 0 behind, even it has a better hull the turret is what causing trouble. Also too sluggish for its armour, loses lot of speed when turning.

44-100 is utterly average except for its hovertracks. Accelerate quickly and does keep some speed when turning.

I think the reason I would drive a 44-100 is that mod1's armour is better, but not enough to worth sacrificing that much. If the armour doesn't worth it then simply go faster and avoid shots completely.

KR is still a better option though. :doge:

Am I reading this wrong but it looks like the T-44-100's  dpm is double the T-44:

T-44-100

100 mm LB-1 183/235/50 250/250/330 15 0.4 4

T-44

183/235/50 250/250/330 7.41 0.35 2.3

And their WN8 values are equal:

T-44 ussr Medium Tanks 8 0.81 1011.77 1.55 0.81 52.60
T-44-100 ussr Medium Tanks 8 0.81 1011.77 1.55 0.81 52.60

I wouldn't buy this tank for $54 cash but what am i missing here? 

49 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

Am I reading this wrong but it looks like the T-44-100's  dpm is double the T-44:

I wouldn't buy this tank for $54 cash but what am i missing here? 

Well your source is tripping. Pretty sure it's the same or thereabouts DPM. It's an ok tank if you like the t44. But not really great at anything.

1 minute ago, Ezz said:

Well your source is tripping. Pretty sure it's the same or thereabouts DPM. It's an ok tank if you like the t44. But not really great at anything.

WOT wiki is where i got it from

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tanks_of_USSR

3 hours ago, Ezz said:

Nice! Thanks! I just unlocked the T-44. Not even going to try to two mark the T-43. Already got Ace. I'm done with it.

FWIW other than a terrible best pen the T-44-100 is better than the CDC in pretty much every way

I'm torn on buying this when it goes back on sale next week.   I have the Guard and like it ok, but would like a "faster" medium to learn tactics and stuff with and this tank seems good for that, but as many have said, it's so proximate to the standard tank it may not be worth the very high price they are charging.   

33 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I'm torn on buying this when it goes back on sale next week.   I have the Guard and like it ok, but would like a "faster" medium to learn tactics and stuff with and this tank seems good for that, but as many have said, it's so proximate to the standard tank it may not be worth the very high price they are charging.   

I've kept my 44-100.  Tier 8 meds are a struggle in general, but at least this one has the mobility and camo to play like a scout/flanker, which makes it IMHO more enjoyable than most others.  Would I buy it again, though?  Less sure of that, honestly.

If you like the normal 44 you'll like this. I suspect you'll miss the guard's alpha, pen and accuracy however.

I like the guard over the 44-100 by a long shot. I think I ended up picking up the 44-100 for two tokens(16 or 20 bucks or something?) during the marathon.. I'm glad I got it for that. 

The Guard is a little more sluggish but because of its low profile, and EXCELLENT camo you can get away with some great angles and semi aggressive flanking angles. 122mm for overmatch on some tanks really can help too.  My own issue with the 44-100(as well as with many faster meds) is I tend to overcommit and can't get myself out of bad situations that I get myself into with the 44-100, the slower guard makes me think though my position a little more carefully since I have to take time and effort to get there.

The passable turret and low profile,  it can really brawl well hull down behind some small hills that other tanks can't if you ever get cornered..

On the other hand, my own personal record in highest XP game was in the 44-100( they use the same 430 crew) but I definitely have been getting more consistent results with the guard.

17 hours ago, kreigermann said:

I like the guard over the 44-100 by a long shot. I think I ended up picking up the 44-100 for two tokens(16 or 20 bucks or something?) during the marathon.. I'm glad I got it for that. 

The Guard is a little more sluggish but because of its low profile, and EXCELLENT camo you can get away with some great angles and semi aggressive flanking angles. 122mm for overmatch on some tanks really can help too.  My own issue with the 44-100(as well as with many faster meds) is I tend to overcommit and can't get myself out of bad situations that I get myself into with the 44-100, the slower guard makes me think though my position a little more carefully since I have to take time and effort to get there.

The passable turret and low profile,  it can really brawl well hull down behind some small hills that other tanks can't if you ever get cornered..

On the other hand, my own personal record in highest XP game was in the 44-100( they use the same 430 crew) but I definitely have been getting more consistent results with the guard.

Thank you.   This is really helpful actually.

I'm a pretty poor player, and I can say I generally have "ok" at least games in the Guard because two pens and it's an ok-ish game.   But the Pershing, which I enjoy playing more generally, it's at least 4 for the same "ok" game.   And I imagine looking at the pen and alpha of the 44-100 that it'd be like the Pershing where I like playing it ok, but I suck bad enough to die after two shots and then hate myself in the morning :).

I may actually show restraint and NOT buy a tank and continue waiting on the Defender/Object and Loraine to come back out :0.

Sign in to follow this