lordawesome7

why does E50M need a nerf, its already the most underwhelming tier X medium as it is

25 posts in this topic

The 50M is actually one of the least underwhelming Tier X mediums as it is.

Usable armor (bully vs lower tiers), reliable gun, reliable speed, and ramming. Good reliable DPM from its effective range. It's an effective pubbie farmer especially in the regions where prem ammo isn't common (EU/RU).

There's raw DPM and then there's effective DPM. The 430 is not the unicum favorite for its derpy gun and handling despite having the highest raw DPM in the RU med category.

you have been watching too much qb

E 50M really was perfectly balanced as it is, maybe even got a little stronger since most new maps are corridors and the armour is something that keeps coming in handy. I remember when E 50M and Leo 1 were compared against eachothers in the vision meta because they played pretty much the same :serb: 

E 50M is certainly not underwhelming, but it isn't exactly in need of a nerf either. It's pretty unjustified to make the tank taller (rip camo) and longer, along with giving it worse armour when HEAT goes straight through the UFP. It's one of my personal favourites in my garage and a tank that I really do enjoy playing. Short of 140/62A and M48 the E 50M is by far the most reliable gun to use as well, it'll hit when aimed but can also decently snap semiaimed. If there's only one tank I could play in the entire game, it'd most likely be the E 50M if M48 wasn't a thing. 

The mobility/gun/armour combo is really something rare to get in the game, only the E 50M really has all three factors well enough to never feel out of place. (E 50 is of course great at it too, but it's slower) 

There's a reason there's people like Ew_ and morgotz with over 10k games in the E 50M, trakais as well

The E50m in its current form is one of the better solopub tanks in the game imo, not nerf justifiably strong but if you honestly think its bad you should probably pan yourself in the face a few times.

The addition of -8 gun depression frontally is far more relevant than these "nerfs". 

E 50 M is weak?

FAKE NEWS!!!

9 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

E 50 M is weak?

FAKE NEWS!!!

Its an alternate fact.

So since i am here who would you say is stronger tier by tier the 50m or the normal 50?

man, i'm just at the E-50 atm, still haven't unlocked the 10,5cm gun yet. should I still look forward to the tier X?

Its practically the same tank except currently it's slightly better than the e50 in various ways. If you compare it to other T9-->10 upgrades it may be underwhelming but thats because e50 is already really good. It's a solid tank nonetheless.

2 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

So since i am here who would you say is stronger tier by tier the 50m or the normal 50?

E50 tier for tier is better due to it seeing T7's. Past that you can't really compare them due to them filling somewhat different roles. The E50 is more of a derpy heavy in a medium body. You can city brawl, side scrape and generally stomp everything. The E50M plays a bit more like a traditional medium with goofy armor that bounces shells often. You drop some of the heavy traits for more medium traits in movement ability. Gun is the same (if you spam APCR in both :kappa: ) .

3 hours ago, Rspctd said:

E50 tier for tier is better due to it seeing T7's. Past that you can't really compare them due to them filling somewhat different roles. The E50 is more of a derpy heavy in a medium body. You can city brawl, side scrape and generally stomp everything. The E50M plays a bit more like a traditional medium with goofy armor that bounces shells often. You drop some of the heavy traits for more medium traits in movement ability. Gun is the same (if you spam APCR in both :kappa: ) .

Thank you i always work on a small budget so i cant keep all the tanks i get

Much improved gun mantlet + all around gun depression - 8...this is an improvement. 

it will play even more as a med than as a heavy. UFP is already weak against HEAT, but I fear that it can become weaker against 270 apcr.

I was never whelmed enough by the M to play it much over the straight 50. I'd guess this was the modelling department not talking with the balance department... again.

49 minutes ago, Ezz said:

I was never whelmed enough by the M to play it much over the straight 50. I'd guess this was the modelling department not talking with the balance department... again.

M is faster, lower profile, has heat, much better traverse, and better turret position for ridge poling on sides. 

Straight 50 is slower since new physics, M is not. 50 can be bullied by E5 and such, with no way to retaliate (or run away), E can take any tank in game, and 

1. sell the skin expesive

2. flank/circle slower tanks to death. meeting an E-100 or JPE 100 is food, not an obstacle.

3. After the E-75 buff, E-50 is gonna be just an inferior copy, underarmored and undergunned. E-50 is allready too slow, when T-10 is just as fast for all practical purposes (and has turret armor, alpha+heat).

It's a step up no doubt, however as above, for me it's not as strong by tier. But then i suspect i enjoy the bully element in the tank. Plus you can't get kamikaze's in the M.

As to the changes tho, did the M already have all round 8 degrees owing to it's forward turret, or did it get the funky 6 / 8 of the 50?

14 minutes ago, Ezz said:

It's a step up no doubt, however as above, for me it's not as strong by tier. But then i suspect i enjoy the bully element in the tank. Plus you can't get kamikaze's in the M.

As to the changes tho, did the M already have all round 8 degrees owing to it's forward turret, or did it get the funky 6 / 8 of the 50?

Yup, E 50 M is not a bully anymore, but a scalpel.

And it gets the funky 6 deg frontal, 8 on sides, like panther 2 and tons of other boxes. They started to rectify that with Pz. 4 first...now it has 10 deg frontally, and less on sides.

30 minutes ago, Victrix said:

Isn't the e50 getting a buff

Not rly, just the overall buffs to 8.8 cm spaghetti gun. A good thing for all ppl who grind it in future, since that gun is also given to Panther 2, and it is mega-buffed on E-50. very viable gun to grind top gun, and turret (it can be mounted on stock turret, and even has decent stats with it).

It gets -8 deg of frontal gun depression, and maybe the new mantlet in HD, too.

14 minutes ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Is there smth I have missed- cannot find any change on the 50M on the test server-
was it implemented just now?

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/update-917-1-common-test/

I have an E-50 M in my garage, and it surely as hell has a new mantlet. It feels much, much better even at CT, but I have no mods to look at the armor model directly in garage at CT.