Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tanager

Thank You For Helping Me Complete LT-15

19 posts in this topic

I wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes.  I just wanted to issue a general thanks to the many posters here whose input (whether intentional or not) has helped me improve thus far (and, hopefully, will help me continue to improve).  I finally completed LT-15:

P0tyqPj.jpg

I'm not going to claim I've suddenly become "good" at scouts, but I am definitely much less of a liability to my team, and that is in no small measure due to the advice and guidance I have gleaned from these pages.

So thanks guys, I couldn't have done it without you.

Nice! I also managed LT-15(3) with 7.1k spotting 500 damage last night.

But it's crazy that you only got a 3rd class mastery and I only got a 2nd class mastery !?!

IMHO if lights are supposed "to scout" -- then they should get way more exp reward for spotting.

Yeah i got an ace tanker for my LT 15.1 but then again I only did 300 spotting in that game...

Meanwhile I've fallen within 800 combined of LT-15.4 twice in the last week. *sigh* several hundred games in LTs...

36 minutes ago, sr360 said:

Meanwhile I've fallen within 800 combined of LT-15.4 twice in the last week. *sigh* several hundred games in LTs...

deal moar damage, kappa

I would love to even get the opportunity to try for LT-15(3)... but stuck on mission needing to spot and damage 3 arty. For some reason whenever I play my light tanks there are only 1 or 2 arty per team.

15 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

deal moar damage, kappa

The second one was on Live Oaks where I did 2.6K and spotted for 4.6K

4 hours ago, Balthazars said:

I would love to even get the opportunity to try for LT-15(3)... but stuck on mission needing to spot and damage 3 arty. For some reason whenever I play my light tanks there are only 1 or 2 arty per team.

Now that theres an arty on-track, good time to try. Plt w/ two arty as well

1 hour ago, sr360 said:

The second one was on Live Oaks where I did 2.6K and spotted for 4.6K

:tanfiesta: so close :QBFlip: Honestly doing the LT missions would drive me bonkers w/ the map rotations

6 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Now that theres an arty on-track, good time to try. Plt w/ two arty as well

That's what I thought as well, especially given there seems to be plenty of arty spam when playing other tanks (had 4 arty games once or twice in heavy tanks). Load up the Bulldog. First game: zero arty. Second game, tier 10 windstorm with 1 arty. *sigh* Will keep trying tho!

17 hours ago, Balthazars said:

That's what I thought as well, especially given there seems to be plenty of arty spam when playing other tanks (had 4 arty games once or twice in heavy tanks). Load up the Bulldog. First game: zero arty. Second game, tier 10 windstorm with 1 arty. *sigh* Will keep trying tho!

We all believe in you.

18 hours ago, SuperTheBoss said:

We all believe in you.

Not going too well. Next 3 games in the bulldog - all tier 10, max 1 arty per side. **** You MM!

On 2/7/2017 at 4:10 AM, Balthazars said:

It probably took me about 6 months and ~500? battles to do that one. I did have a bunch of close calls were I spotted 3 and got shotgunned trying to get a shot into the 3rd (yolo the arty has never been my style). Though it took me extra longtime due to chocking / not platooning with arty / playing sub-optimal lights

Finally got it on Redshire north spawn w/ a Bulldog -- if you can break through there's a lot of cover to bag arty that's camping the red line.

Overall I did have much more success with the lower tier and nimbler tanks (Type64 & Bulldog) over the Blackdog / WZ-132 / T54LT for this.

3 hours ago, Fenxis said:

It probably took me about 6 months and ~500? battles to do that one. I did have a bunch of close calls were I spotted 3 and got shotgunned trying to get a shot into the 3rd (yolo the arty has never been my style). Though it took me extra longtime due to chocking / not platooning with arty / playing sub-optimal lights

Finally got it on Redshire north spawn w/ a Bulldog -- if you can break through there's a lot of cover to bag arty that's camping the red line.

Overall I did have much more success with the lower tier and nimbler tanks (Type64 & Bulldog) over the Blackdog / WZ-132 / T54LT for this.

I've already had 2 really close calls. In both of those games, I damaged all 3 arty, but failed the mission because I failed to be the first one to spot the third arty. One on Highway (south spawn) was in particularly super frustrating, as after a long drawn-out battle (it was a mastery game) I had survived with a slither of health and had the opportunity to break into the base. I'm thinking I've got it sewn up, the only other surviving tanks on my team area slow TD crawling up the middle, and an even slower heavy half-way between town and our base. I rush into the enemy base, fully loaded magazine. Two of the arty are in the usual spots, but they're quite close together, and I have to waste a bit of time juking around to avoid getting shotgunned. By the time I finish them both off, I realise that the third arty has appeared on the map....spotted by the TD because the arty basically, of all the directions to go and run, ran straight where the TD was approaching from. I rush over and damage him but of course it's too late because I didn't spot him first.

Wanted to bash me head against the keyboard afterwards.

Incidentally, next two games in the Bulldog I've just played? Both tier 10 again, both max 1 arty per side. I imagine that this could take me a long while yet as I don't really platoon, let alone force people to platoon arty while I try to do this silly mission. Nothing else but to keep playing my Bulldog (might try the Chaffee) and hope MM drops me in the right situation eventually I guess! Not like I'm that close to finishing the T55A missions, on HT-15-3, MT-14-3, TD-13-3 and only around half-way on arty respectively.

Meanwhile while trying for LT-15.4, I did spot+dmg 3 arty about 5 times in the last 2 weeks, including once today and once yesterday.

On 10/02/2017 at 2:59 PM, sr360 said:

Meanwhile while trying for LT-15.4, I did spot+dmg 3 arty about 5 times in the last 2 weeks, including once today and once yesterday.

I would say "I hate you" but I've actually just finished it, thank goodness. Tier 8 game on Arctic Region in my Bulldog with only 2 tier 8s per side, including an arty. 3 arty per side. Try to play conservative as I'm effectively top tier and to try to aid a win, but the team is rubbish (half will finish with either zero or 1 shot worth of damage) and is falling apart quickly. Thankfully, not many heavies and the usual brawling zone on on the south road is actually pretty open. Kill a churchill which is the only remaining tank there but now only have half a clip left. The rest of the team is collapsing quickly and I figure "screw it, going for the mission" before other tanks come back to the base.

Rush up, spot two arty, damage both but only 2 shots left in magazine. Third arty is all the way at the top of the map. First shot misses him, a Cromwell B is back and chasing me now. Get close, barely avoid getting shotgunned and manage to damage him with my last shell (then got derped by one of the other surviving arties). Game is over shortly after, 4-15 defeat (I am laughably top on damage done with 1.6k).

I feel a little dirty first because I definitely did not try my best to win this match because I should have gone back to base, as there were crossfire opportunities, but instead went for the arty. Plus I didn't have a full magazine so couldn't actually kill any of the arty either if I was to damage them... but I finished a very RNG dependent mission that's been bothering me for ages, so I'm actually rather happy. :minidoge:

18 hours ago, Balthazars said:

I would say "I hate you" but I've actually just finished it, thank goodness. Tier 8 game on Arctic Region in my Bulldog with only 2 tier 8s per side, including an arty. 3 arty per side. Try to play conservative as I'm effectively top tier and to try to aid a win, but the team is rubbish (half will finish with either zero or 1 shot worth of damage) and is falling apart quickly. Thankfully, not many heavies and the usual brawling zone on on the south road is actually pretty open. Kill a churchill which is the only remaining tank there but now only have half a clip left. The rest of the team is collapsing quickly and I figure "screw it, going for the mission" before other tanks come back to the base.

Rush up, spot two arty, damage both but only 2 shots left in magazine. Third arty is all the way at the top of the map. First shot misses him, a Cromwell B is back and chasing me now. Get close, barely avoid getting shotgunned and manage to damage him with my last shell (then got derped by one of the other surviving arties). Game is over shortly after, 4-15 defeat (I am laughably top on damage done with 1.6k).

I feel a little dirty first because I definitely did not try my best to win this match because I should have gone back to base, as there were crossfire opportunities, but instead went for the arty. Plus I didn't have a full magazine so couldn't actually kill any of the arty either if I was to damage them... but I finished a very RNG dependent mission that's been bothering me for ages, so I'm actually rather happy. :minidoge:

Yep, that's often the way it's done! Team is falling apart, enemy is pressing, open lane down the mid. Screw it, at least I'm taking arty down with me!

On 2017-02-09 at 10:59 PM, sr360 said:

Ya w/ the GW Panther on-track it was way easier -- MM actually offered up 3 arty games a lot more!

i am trying to do LT-15(2) and dam it seems hard, not very familiar wiht light tanks, ive gotten so close many times, like just few hundred points missing, just gotta keep trying and trying, i only have elc, type64 and type62 to do it, also stuck on the MT-15(2).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0