Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steel_Butt

Which Mods for a purist?

Question

Hi Purps,

I play pure with no Mods, always have, excepting XVM. Which mods do you guys 'n gals use or recommend (if any) and to what extent does it assist and/or influence your game? For example, I've never used auto aim once. Do you lovely people use auto aim mods at all? Would using auto aim increase my hit rate?

Thanks

21 answers to this question

Servercross is the only mod I could really recommend (Providing both the in game normal crosshair and server crosshair at the same time). It is incredibly helpful, particularly when playing at above 100 ping or with packet loss. The server reticle also vanishes when you are auto aimed so as someone who plays with audio disabled, it works as a really lazy persons auto aim indicator.

Wouldn't use the normal server reticle because tracking/leading with it is difficult and personally it makes me sick to look at by itself and not having any server ret displayed means occasionally getting rekt by shot delay around corners and stuff.

also #xvmisgarbage

If you take a quick look at over to https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/World of Tanks you'll notice that when the top players are streaming they all run vanilla pretty much, mods are distracting and can lead to false decisions(XVM).

XVM = Aids of the game, get rid off it. This may be a forum revolving around statistics but we still all agree on one thing, we'd all be better off without XVM. It also lowers your FPS if you don't have a good computer.

Autoaim = is best used on targets you know you can ez pen or are flanking around them really, it's just hard to tell someone as you must know whats best for when in what situation. Autoaim mods? The one that lets you autoaim through a mountain? No, that's illegal already. Pretty much everyone uses WoT vanilla autoaim.

What do you mean by "improving your hit rate" in general, do you have trouble aiming/leading shells?

@zapyoug this I found to be personal preference. Some people use vanilla server reticle, some use the servercross2 reticle and some don't use it at all. For example, I get "motion sick" from a server crosshair, I just can't use it. It feels like everything moves in a Powerpoint slideshow. My ping however is okay nowadays so it's not really bad.

The only mods I use are server crosshairs, detailed after-battle statistics and XVM.

I don't activate XVM but I solely use it to get the lightbulb feature which show if an enemy tank has been spotted, is spotted or hasn't been spotted. This feature really helps me to decide whether I push or relocate to another position.

I use server crosshair just for the satisfaction of knowing that the server is lined up with where I'm aiming. 

And I use the detailed after-battle stats to see how my daily session has been. 

I use PROTankis mod pack to install these mods and some other minor ones that disable smoke and fire and such.

I do NOT use any auto-aim mods, but I do use the auto-aim ingame frequently. Whenever im moving in a high speed tank like the OBJ 140 for example and I see a target across the map, I would auto-aim it while moving and hope for the best. Whenever I am circling a tank I would use auto-aim and whenever a tank has no armor what so ever I auto-aim my shots to make it easier to manage my surroundings.

Servercross +1
By autoaim mods you might mean autoaim + which basically increases the margin for autoaim to lock on a vehicle (You point roughly at an enemy vehicle and it can lock on, where as vanilla autoaim would not), that may be useful if you are preoccupied.
Sound mods-  because personal preference, getting in a good mood is +10% performance irl.

Autoaim+ used to be the only mod I had in my folder, but then WG said it's illegal.:feelsbad:

XVM is pure shit it only ruin the gameplay.

Skin mods can actually improve your gameplay, just look at those fabulous shit from milky's mods.

:serb:

19 hours ago, Steel_Butt said:

Hi Purps,

I play pure with no Mods, always have, excepting XVM.

:oscar:

I use my own xvm config which turns all the stats rubbish off and offers a few aesthetic tweaks like re-arranging the end game information, players name/clan tag in-game, enemy tank spotted markers and damagelog (though this will be vanilla soon).

On top of that I use:

• My reload announcing script: which I find useful for communicating with the team as it doesn't spam a load of useless crappy info
  • Battle Assistant: as I like to play arty and it does help from time to time - I could not have made those two shots with the normal view

The other mods that are in my thread I don't actually use, they are for others. Sometimes I load the freecam replay mod if I'm doing anything fancy recording-wise but that's about it.

Vanilla is almost perfect now - I made my XVM config to just make it that little bit more perfect (and added options/user guide for those who want to tweak their own settings. I was going to make an installer but I don't have the time/resources to put into making one)

Personally I went vanilla when they included the damage panel in the game and most other stuff you would ever need is all included.

The only thing I miss consistently is the who has been spotted and who hasn't that you get from Xvm.

I use two mods: XVM and Seafalcons damage panel.

I did use Jimbos crosshair but he stopped making it and I havent been able to find a working version for 9.17

In all honesty, I use XVM now because im used to it. And I prefer seafalcons damage panel to the Vanilla damage panel. I also prefer the hitlogs to the vanilla hitlogs and such. 

Neither of them are really there to help me or give more info - WG have added all the bonus info those mods gave into the vanilla game by now, so for me its just UI preference really. By this stage a lot of mods are TBH.

7 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

@zapyoug this I found to be personal preference. Some people use vanilla server reticle, some use the servercross2 reticle and some don't use it at all. For example, I get "motion sick" from a server crosshair, I just can't use it. It feels like everything moves in a Powerpoint slideshow. My ping however is okay nowadays so it's not really bad.

Yeah, it certainly isn't for everyone. From what I have heard, some people find the second reticle distracting as well. I still think it is worth trying out though.

I'm not purple enough to respond here, but I will anyway.  Credit where credit is due - WG has done a good job of getting most of the better mods in-game lately.  I still use a couple of garage mods (auto-equip, ping, enhanced carousel) and a custom 6th sense sound and cross hair, but otherwise vanilla is fine.  I also get seasick with server cross, but YMMV.

3 hours ago, Nekommando said:

Servercross +1
By autoaim mods you might mean autoaim + which basically increases the margin for autoaim to lock on a vehicle (You point roughly at an enemy vehicle and it can lock on, where as vanilla autoaim would not), that may be useful if you are preoccupied.
Sound mods-  because personal preference, getting in a good mood is +10% performance irl.

Autoaim + was declared an illegal mod.

I'm incredibly disappointed that no one mentioned any sound mods or HP Pool mods at all. I used the default Aslain's 6th sense sound (forgot what it was called) because it's a lot louder but these days my headset is good enough that I don't have that problem. I also use the Team HP Pool Observer because knowing how far ahead/behind you are score wise is well and good, but a 5-1 lead where your tanks are all low health isn't a good time to be aggressive. Finally, I use Zorgane's Gnomefther Recreation because it's sexy af. 

Thank you all for your replies. 

I am surprised that mods don't feature overly, as I naively assumed Unicums would utilise them as much as possble. Shows what I know (or don't know!!). I may even try to auto aim, though knowing my dexterity, controlling two fingers and two mouse buttons may be more than my brain can cope with.....

Siimcy, FYI - I wasn't referring to illegal mods. I was simply using targeting as an example of a mod. My hit rate is approx 67%, which I suspect may increase if I used auto aim. As pointed out, it's not so easy to hit a moving tank at distance with manual aim....

Vanilla, dropped all mods a few patches back.
XVM is literally cancer to this game.

WoTNumbers does everything you need for session stats etc.

Does the vanilla client go to 60x zoom now? I haven't actually played with vanilla in a long time so I'm unaware if it actually does. I also like the max zoom out mod.

18 minutes ago, Sprak said:

Does the vanilla client go to 60x zoom now? I haven't actually played with vanilla in a long time so I'm unaware if it actually does. I also like the max zoom out mod.

25x

1 hour ago, Sprak said:

You like loosing focus. @X3N4 explaned why big zoom is bad for gameplay.

I think with the recent improvements in the game UI there is less and less need for mods, which is a good thing.

@CheekiBreeki_ The bulb thingy in the XVM is useful, but I pay more attention to the mini-map since I am not using it. It is more of a convenience, than actually helpful on the long run. 

I use only one mod, and that is the Jimbo countur icon mod. In this mod the icons of each class has a different color (distinction between meds and heavies too).

This might sound silly, but for me it is easier/quicker to formulate a tactic at the start of the battle, and sometimes later in the game too. I look on the team composition at first based on the tank types, and after that I refine my game plan based on the actual tanks.

For example:

1. They have more top tier meds

2. They have more meds, but 2 of them Super Pershing, so they won't compete for X position.

etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0