Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Avendyl

Returning after 2 years break

11 posts in this topic

Hi !

I'm in the process of returning to the game after a more or less 2 years break, and would like to have a bunch of advices before jumping in. I used to be an OK player, and was pretty serious about improving.
My tier 10 tanks were : T110E5, E100, Leo1, Obj140, E50M, IS-7, Foch (garbage), FV215B (garbage²), and Bat Chat 25T.

And other favorites of mine were : E75, E50, ELC-AMX, T32 and T54.

I know that probably a lot of things have moved during my break, so really I'd be happy to get any advice on either what I should know or how should one play when trying to get back to how they used to play (I'expecting quite a few poor matches at first).

arty is still cancer

The 215b is not all that bad these days from what I see. I suppose if rear mounted turrets give you a hard time, it's bad, but the DPM and accuracy are high and the armor is useful. 

The 113 is MUCH better now.

Czech tanks are more bat chat than anything else.

Swedish tanks have much armor, but only at the right angles. 

Maps are all corridor, and arty supposedly got worse, but it's remarkably easy to shoot giant bombs down a corridor and make it work.

E5 tumor is bouncy now (but only for a little bit longer).

Scouts are no longer fun due to aforementioned corridors.

Shoot japanese heavies in the side over the rear. 

Justo play the way you want to, if you're truly a Unicom you'll react to your team and enemies positioning and you'll do just fine

Good luck to you.  I have recently came back myself.  Getting used to the game again is probably the first hurdle which is a lot of things.  Personally i am starting back at the basics again.

>E75, E50, ELC-AMX, T32 and T54.

T-54 has been a bit power creeped since E50 and M46 have been buffed, not to mention the new-ish Czech tier 9 medium tank which is also strong. T-54 is still good though... just don't rely on that armor due to a many high pen guns even on tier 8 now. Shoot HEAT like a mofo.

E50 is pretty darn good, maybe the best tier 9 tank. E75 is... a bit too slow for my taste. It's armor gets negated by premium ammo a lot. T32 is still very good, but you may need to dip more into premium shells now.

Expect everyone to shoot premium ammo at you on tier 10.

ELC is pretty much the same, meta wise.

Oh hey I was just about to ask this myself.

I've just played my first games since 2015 and found I've no idea where to go, forgotten what most of the tanks are good at and can't remember where to shoot things to pen.

Seem to be doing ok though. Although I have found that I just fall apart if I play tired. I guess it's because relearning the game takes a lot more effort.

Good luck

On 3/19/2017 at 2:33 AM, Wyvernn said:

Oh hey I was just about to ask this myself.

I've just played my first games since 2015 and found I've no idea where to go, forgotten what most of the tanks are good at and can't remember where to shoot things to pen.

Seem to be doing ok though. Although I have found that I just fall apart if I play tired. I guess it's because relearning the game takes a lot more effort.

Good luck

My advice: don't come back. WoT is a malignant tumour that you want to stay away from, always.

14 hours ago, lavawing said:

My advice: don't come back. WoT is a malignant tumour that you want to stay away from, always.

That's what I always told people when they asked me to play it again!

But I need something to balance out the equally malignant tumour of Dota 2...

I can always plai 4 phun rite?

4 hours ago, Wyvernn said:

I can always plai 4 phun rite?

Wot

Phun

Choose 1

The game has introduced some better features in the UI. Otherwise I think the game was balanced much better two years ago and thus was a much better game. If I were you I would stay away.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0