Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SuperTheBoss

New meta on Steppes or just bad luck?

6 posts in this topic

The past 5 games I have played on Steppes south spawn barely commits to East and hangs out on the high ground until North spawn comes sweeping thru and forces them to relocate inevitably leading to a loss. If you go down into the low road to contest that area you get mobbed because you're the only one. This tactic is far too stupid to last a long time but I'm wondering if there is some reasoning behind it or if anyone has seen the same thing? I get that people like to snipe from G9 across but if you don't contest the 0 line then you will only get a few shots off before you have to relocate and inevitably depend completely on your heavies coming back to be able to hold North off.

I could just be raging but I have seen this really consistently lately and I'm just trying to understand it.

PS I tried to make a picture of what I'm talking about but I'm a forum tomato and can't figure out how to attach it.

Put it onto IMGUR or somewhere and then paste the URL of the JPG in and it'll work.

meerkat.jpg

I'm not sure that I understand. I don't think that you are writing about too few tanks going east. I think that you are writing about tanks going east, but not covering all of the levels. (There's basically 3 different levels in the east, each of which has cover from reds in the adjoining level if they are not peeking.) I haven't noticed any trends in that regard. It is probably just pubbies randomly deciding whether to go low or go high, without seeing that their choice may cause them to get flanked.

Because regardless of tank makeup or tier pubbies pick a spot to go as soon as they see the map and side. You just get back luck with the draw of the mindless perpetual motion retards. 

8 minutes ago, xtc4 said:

I'm not sure that I understand. I don't think that you are writing about too few tanks going east. I think that you are writing about tanks going east, but not covering all of the levels. (There's basically 3 different levels in the east, each of which has cover from reds in the adjoining level if they are not peeking.) I haven't noticed any trends in that regard. It is probably just pubbies randomly deciding whether to go low or go high, without seeing that their choice may cause them to get flanked.

Yes this is exactly what I'm talking about. Sounds like it is just luck of the draw. If a mod wants to delete the thread I don't mind. Game is just especially snowbally today.

Hi mate, 

In my opinion, it's hugely random and dependent on the experience of the muppets playing. I have noticed trends on other maps, notably Erlenberg in Assault mode where everyone piles one side. Trends pass as the dummies comprehend that it doesn't always work.

As Steppes is such an open map, I think spotting early is absolutely key, so if they all pile one side, take advantage, hang back and snipe until the game unfolds and you can commit where you are most effective. At least Steppes offers great retreating positions.

Check out the heat maps on http://www.vbaddict.net/heatmaps/.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0