• No
    • I don't know
  2. 2. Are you getting it?

• Yes, because vodka
    • No, because cola
    • No, because baguette
    • No, because no shekels
    • Don't know yet

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

192 posts in this topic

On 23.02.2017 at 2:29 PM, Jaegaer said:

Seriously, I don't get tenks any more. This thing might be a good tier VIII but the second it meets tier IX+ it's gonna suck, period. So especially Foch raving over how OP this tank is feels way out of bound. I would prefer the good gun handling of the IS-3 over this tanks and day of the week and the specalist role of the Patriot feels much stronger when not top tier as well.

All rave and hyperbole in WoT, good thing I switched to ships.

The gun handling is not good but it's not horrible. This thing has only 0.01 worse bloom on move than kv4 but 0.04 better on turret traverse. It's also fast and has alpha. It's less fucked in t9 then is6, 112, wz1114, t54mod1, spershing (worse gun stats), jtiger 8.8, kv4 and probably a few others. You have enough alpha to hurt trier 9s and if you see tanks you can't pen with that speed you can always go to med flank. 

My problem with tier V is that i loved the KV-1 and could never get over how much they nerfed it :(. Also i like play german tanks and pre tier VI the only german thing that's not cance in the PZ III/IV and after like 400 battles i'm tired of it :P

the PZ III/IV and after like 400 battles i'm tired of it

...you do know they just massively buffed it this patch?

1 hour ago, Nkrlz said:

My problem with tier V is that i loved the KV-1 and could never get over how much they nerfed it :(. Also i like play german tanks and pre tier VI the only german thing that's not cance in the PZ III/IV and after like 400 battles i'm tired of it :P

Pz.Kpfw. IV got quite a bit tiny buffs over the time. Firstly the gave -10 gun dep frontally, instead just over the sides, and later they did -10 all around!

PZ III/IV was never that good (was blind before, now it has crap armor), and the gun is crap. Derp or T-34!:MingLee:

This thing is OP as fuck! A guy from the Relic clan on my team in a pub match totally fucked up about 4 tier 9 heavies in a hull down position. 

It was a sight to see. Maybe I'll buy it.

Anfield put his review on YT. He said it isn't OP, just very good, and the Liberte is better with more reliable front armour.

1 hour ago, Manic_Wombat said:

Anfield put his review on YT. He said it isn't OP, just very good, and the Liberte is better with more reliable front armour.

Will have to check it out. Thanks.

ZUpvDzH.jpg

I contend it isn't OP at all.

On 28.2.2017 at 0:18 AM, Manic_Wombat said:

Not sure how he determined that, but just look at the armor models:

j2CcX6k.png

Does the Liberté look more reliable to you?

To me it seems only better when the enemy is slightly below so the Liberté UFP and LFP are about the same strength while the 252U LFP is weaker, in all other cases the 252U is superior. And keep in mind, the 252U has a lot smaller profile and very decent side armor vs. the cardboard sides the Liberté has.

I like it a lot but I don't think it's overpowered although it is easy to use for green players like me, the DPM is the same as IS3 with rammer/vents/BiA but you have more alpha to make tier 9 and 10s think twice about rushing you, the armour is decent but a needs good positioning to be really effective even in tier 8 unlike the Liberte because of the large lower plate, it sidescrapes nicely although I'm still learning how to do that really.

To really be overpowered it would need IS3 gun handling and better terrain resists.

I didn't buy one because I dont fall into the trap of pikenoses, plus i'll just wait for the inevitable rental and 3 mark it then. Yeah sure, in tanks.gg the armor layout seems absolutely ridiculous, but so does is-7 and we all know how well that thing works. At least if used correctly the 252 can sidescrape without the upper plate becoming autopen like the is7.

Pikenose = armor layout that generally cannot be abused so its only as good as your opponents RNG and lower plate effectiveness.

3 shotted one yesterday with SU100y through the hatch. Glorious.

57 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I didn't buy one because I dont fall into the trap of pikenoses, plus i'll just wait for the inevitable rental and 3 mark it then. Yeah sure, in tanks.gg the armor layout seems absolutely ridiculous, but so does is-7 and we all know how well that thing works. At least if used correctly the 252 can sidescrape without the upper plate becoming autopen like the is7.

Pikenose = armor layout that generally cannot be abused so its only as good as your opponents RNG and lower plate effectiveness.

3 shotted one yesterday with SU100y through the hatch. Glorious.

generally speaking...you are right. But not for the 252.

But in practice, you can play it like a retard, make a diamond angle more suitable for KV-1 (highest tank for morons that mostly bought this tank), and still bounce 3/4 shots. God forbid to fight this one with HEAT...and it bounces even with the fucking ass...and I aim it carefully, even there.

SRSLY, if you angle the tank for the whole fucking 30 degrees, you have 240-250 on the side of a pike. Just find something to cover the strip of not spaced side armor, and you are invincible (like a small pile of rubble). This is not sidescrape, this is madness.

Tank is so Op and broken that It killed any joy in playing strongholds there was left after AMX Liberte. In randoms it is kinda OK, there is more arty and TDs...

seems like only morons bought it, srsly, have to see one player above 1200 WN8 with it. Maybe the release was badly timed...february is a month with low purchases...

Or simply to make it more desirable, and then one more week for Victory day :serb:

15 minutes ago, Felicius said:

SRSLY, if you angle the tank for the whole fucking 30 degrees, you have 240-250 on the side of a pike. Just find something to cover the strip of not spaced side armor, and you are invincible (like a small pile of rubble). This is not sidescrape, this is madness.

seems like only morons bought it, srsly, have to see one player above 1200 WN8 with it. Maybe the release was badly timed...february is a month with low purchases...

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

At least if used correctly the 252 can sidescrape without the upper plate becoming autopen like the is7.

Yup, sidescraping potential is pretty bullshit. However I've only run into 1 guy who actually sidescraped. All the pubbies just let you rape the lower plate or they peek with their flat side/frontal wheel.

2 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Yup, sidescraping potential is pretty bullshit. However I've only run into 1 guy who actually sidescraped. All the pubbies just let you rape the lower plate or they peek with their flat side/frontal wheel.

I know. But problem is that this tank does not require perfect sidescrape like E 50/IS 7 (and even then it is just a few pixels between getting penned and bouncing), but just basic tier 4-5 skillset. Even those mouthbreathers will learn very soon how to do that, and be immune to almost every tier 8 gun.

time to roll out ISU, then.

Just now, Felicius said:

I know. But problem is that this tank does not require perfect sidescrape like E 50/IS 7 (and even then it is just a few pixels between getting penned and bouncing), but just basic tier 4-5 skillset. Even those mouthbreathers will learn very soon how to do that, and be immune to almost every tier 8 gun.

time to roll out ISU, then.

And then your ISU bounces :epicsaxguy:

2 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

ISU is the Chuck Norris of tanks. It never bounces. It just shoots a tank behind the corner.

I am getting the types, anyway. passed the O-No, and now at Ho ho ho.

24 minutes ago, Felicius said:

ISU is the Chuck Norris of tanks. It never bounces. It just shoots a tank behind the corner.

I am getting the types, anyway. passed the O-No, and now at Ho ho ho.

Bounce APCR on ufp because it's in autobounce angle.

This tank looked mad dumb.

So I bought it. 10/10 purchase.

As long as you keep your tank pointed directly at whatever you are engaging, you are basically invincible when matched with 8s and a small amount of 9s. Is it OP? No, because it needs a small amount of braincells to play. If you are a good player though and understand the basics of rooski heavy tank play, then I recommend you to pick it up. Hell I don't even play heavies that often and I'm enjoying it. It reminds me of pre powercreep IS6 a few years back.

5 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Bounced an ISU 3 times front on today from about 25 meters. :MingLee:

Currently sitting at 2600 avg and I intend to maintain 3000 on the long range

Basically this is the first tank (and maybe the patriot) which has the actual value for my money. IS-6 is totally out of context now, played against a platoon yesterday I facehugged him and lol'd at his 217 apcr pen. Sad joke that was, considering I have 700 battles in that tank :/ 252 in hulldown is almost an IS-7, however pro players can easily pen your turret roof which has like 40~mm's of actual armor (same characteristics with the roof of the 907) but in randoms those players are - as we know - rare. Completely playable in higher tiers and bc of the high alpha and 500 rolls, even in the very worst battles you can pop 4-5 shots before you get killed. When top tier, it's godmode instantly.

For example I had malinovka yesterday with the base in middle, enemy pushed around and hill with 8 tanks while our full team camped at the rocks. I went hill, after 1 minute it was 1-10 with me and a löwe at the windmill, at the end we lost 2/3 with 6k dmg only because of 2 remaining camper td's.

Even I imagine that it's expected values will be high and it's not will be the best wn8 padder vehicle, its still the best tank in the game in years.

Of course with 265 apcr you can't pen type heavies, mauses, etc. but you just have to avoid them if possible.

People who say this isn't broken only consider the skill celling for top players. Yes for top players there are better tanks but this is basically first gen O-I. but even worse. It's a tank that allows even the worst players on your team roll over your teammates if you are not on that flank. It's also a tank that is very hard to hurt by same trier meds and lower trier heavies plus pref mm ruskies. 

2150 DPG and 1.7 KPG, 8 High Calibers in 40 games.

47% winrate.

This completely nullified panther m10 buffs.  It's basically shooting at IS7, half of rear armour would bounce.

Except this traverses faster than IS7.

This tank just shits on premium MM tanks... Can't pen this shit LFP even with 250HEAT pen.. 

Trying to play the 112 right now... The tank was better a week ago when this POS wasn't here.. 

Edit : It's not that the tank is good in the right hands.. It's that it's fucking good in bad hand..

TtghnJm.jpg