• No
    • I don't know
  2. 2. Are you getting it?

• Yes, because vodka
    • No, because cola
    • No, because baguette
    • No, because no shekels
    • Don't know yet

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

208 posts in this topic

I need to hurry up and three mark it and write a review on it. I'm having so much fun playing this thing. With credit boosters the credit net is insane. My dpg is a rollercoaster of weirdness, it started at 3.9k, then 3.2k, then 2.4k, then 3k, then the current 2.6k, so lets hope I can find some consistency.

Time for WG to start the trade-in program.  I would trade my IS-6 for a 50% one of these.

Why would they offer a trade possibility, when they can just make new premiums so good that people buy them anyway? :) I'm just interested what is next, was defender a "mistake", or will there be even better ones to come. Personally I had no problem with Scorp, Patriot or Liberte, they were good, but still required somewhat good player. 

Btw anyone else noticing a lot of new players at T8? Like account created in last few months and few thousand battles...I don't know if I'm just imagining, but seems like there are a lot of these kind of players at T8 when I'm clicking accounts from the battle score, desperately trying to find answers for "how on earth is that possible".  

WG putting more effort to marketing than before...?

40 minutes ago, HS5 said:

Why would they offer a trade possibility, when they can just make new premiums so good that people buy them anyway? :) I'm just interested what is next, was defender a "mistake", or will there be even better ones to come. Personally I had no problem with Scorp, Patriot or Liberte, they were good, but still required somewhat good player. 

Btw anyone else noticing a lot of new players at T8? Like account created in last few months and few thousand battles...I don't know if I'm just imagining, but seems like there are a lot of these kind of players at T8 when I'm clicking accounts from the battle score, desperately trying to find answers for "how on earth is that possible".  

WG putting more effort to marketing than before...?

It's not so much marketing as making the new prems blatantly OP. You can compare the last few prems to the 112, 34-3, Rev and the STA-2 in their release form. Those tanks were supposed to be worse versions of their techtree counterparts - now WG has become silent about that old 'rule' - instead they are making tanks that are better versions of highly competitive tech tree tanks: the Patriot was a mix of the best parts of the Persh and the T32; the Skorpion put the best parts of the Charioteer and the RHM together; the new Rev has American gun depression coupled with Chinese alpha; the Defender having better armour than an IS-3 and more alpha than the T34 - etc. etc. etc.

In the past you pretty much paid to be gimped; now you pay to be better than techtree tanks - since WG has figured out that most pubbies aren't even smart enough to figure that out. Instead, they think QB's reviews are objective and come up with things like 'a Defender is still going to fail in the hands of a tomato, or 'It's not better than an IS-3 so it must be balanced'.

Come on James, P2W isn't paying to literally win - it's getting a decisive advantage out of throwing cash at WG. And buying a Defender definitely gives you a decisive advantage against pretty much every tank you can meet. You roll over Tier 8s and below and you're still a viable roadblock against anything that isn't spamming >340 HEAT. In SH you might as well be Jesus.

I grabbed one with -30% i hope it's worth it. It's not that bad for ~30€

Anyone have digital camo on this proof of moneygrab? I'm interested. :doge: 

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

I grabbed one with -30% i hope it's worth it. It's not that bad for ~30€

Anyone have digital camo on this proof of moneygrab? I'm interested. :doge: 

How did you get 30% off your 252U? As part of a package?

9 minutes ago, Fianii said:

How did you get 30% off your 252U? As part of a package?

I had thought of buying 252U because I really don't have red premium tank, and when I actually logged today and press purchase some option (stating -30%) showed. I snatched it. 

Purchase information:

Bundle you purchased: "Object 252U - Standard"
Bundle cost: 27.97 EUR

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

I had thought of buying 252U because I really don't have red premium tank, and when I actually logged today and press purchase some option (stating -30%) showed. I snatched it. 

Weird, I'm not seeing this. Did you use any discount code or coupon shit?

45 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

Weird, I'm not seeing this. Did you use any discount code or coupon shit?

Maybe I don't have screenshot unfortunately bot some optio was for checking. I don't if it was cupon and if it was I don't know where I got it. 

But 30% was off, which is really nice.

3d995f66ce.jpg

These are 152mm and 128mm AP rounds from an E100 and a Maus respectively bouncing off the upper plate and into the underside of the turret, both damaging hits.

1 minute ago, Fianii said:

3d995f66ce.jpg

These are 152mm and 128mm AP rounds from an E100 and a Maus respectively bouncing off the upper plate and into the underside of the turret, both damaging hits.

that, is a fine example of a shot trap

On 3/5/2017 at 5:48 PM, WorldConqueror said:

Yep, that was thing. I tried to purchase another bundle (just for discount) but apparently it's one time thing.

Shame there won’t be more coupon waves in the near future. Most likely users who haven’t played WoT in a long while were the ones who recieved these.

Nice now i can receive another 3 month ban and purchase some more pixel shit. :serb:

4 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

that, is a fine example of a shot trap

Ive noticed them as well. Aiming for the driver seem to be autopen into the turret ring if the enemy know what to do. 

So much for "OP tank".

This tanks is so fucking retarded. I mean while for good players it will not feel op, for retarded pubbies it will be great considering how easily this shit tank can bounce anything from tier 8 from so many different angles. If you add the fact that you can hit hard by getting lucky you know this is the tank for brainless idiots, that dont even aim and just like to derp around. 

Goddamnit this last patch was so bad 

1 minute ago, nabucodonsor said:

for good players it will not feel op

depends honestly, Orzanel and Sirfoch for example thinks that this thing is most broken tier 8 in the game

23 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

depends honestly, Orzanel and Sirfoch for example thinks that this thing is most broken tier 8 in the game

I know i saw their videos, but I have this personal opinion that broken differs from op. It is broken for sure but the gun handling and aim time are bad, very bad. So it makes me conclude that  this tank has a low skill floor and it will allow bad players that have been outplayed or have made a mistake to survive and not be punished, when they should. This makes the tank broken. It is a good tank but has a lower ceiling compared to others due to the gun handling. An example of what i am saying is what @Luna has done with the 88 on the e50: being a great player he is able to abuse the extra 600 dpm, whereas a player like me would probably struggle with it. 

Now for a bad player gun handling means nothing since they aim/snap regardless and with RNGesus on their side, they will get some very good games. What i feel is that this tanks lacks of consistency to do well and the inability to snap or hit can be a downfall in higher tier games.

Don't get me wrong it is a very good tank, but I still think that the best premiums at the moment are the Patriot and Super Pershing considering performance, credit potential and (most importantly to me) cost.

I mean, its by far my strongest tier 8 premium in terms of performance, beating both Löwe and Liberte which are both commonly regarded as one of the strongest tier 8 premiums. I have higher winrate with KV-5 but almost half of it is played in toon and it has pref mm so it doesnt count.

IIRC Orzanel also has higher DPG with it than any other of his tier 8, apart from Skorpion G (which is known to have massive damage dealing potential anyways, and its arguably notably worse for winning).

On 3/4/2017 at 11:42 PM, Devo said:

Time for WG to start the trade-in program.  I would trade my IS-6 for a 50% one of these.

Trade in program, if it ever gets implemented, will only be for tanks available for purchase in-game for gold.  You'll have to settle for a Lowe

For the record, I don't want to hear any one buying these overpowered tanks for straight cash complain about game balance aspects.

Every game like this is so much fun!

9315423585.png

Guys, what equipment are you using? My setup is: gun rammer, ventilation and vertical stabilier. 

10 minutes ago, tesarpaul said:

Guys, what equipment are you using? My setup is: gun rammer, ventilation and vertical stabilier. 

Probably best choise, maybe swap out vents for EGLD. On top of that FOOD. 

I didn't play it (yet) but that usual my russian heavy setup. EGLD, RAMMER, VSTAB and FOOD.