• No
    • I don't know
  2. 2. Are you getting it?

• Yes, because vodka
    • No, because cola
    • No, because baguette
    • No, because no shekels
    • Don't know yet

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

192 posts in this topic

I have 4 perk crew, so swaping ventilation for egld is maybe good choice. I will try it.

4 minutes ago, tesarpaul said:

I have 4 perk crew, so swaping egld is maybe good choice. I will try it.

Either way, i love maximizing gun handling on shitty tanks. I run IS-3 with same setup and IS. aim time & bloom > everything. 

GLD? Interesting. Most times I have plenty of time to aim but that doesnt help when it goes full retard derpgun. Full aimed shots going to the moon or to tge crust of the earth lol

3 hours ago, tesarpaul said:

Guys, what equipment are you using? My setup is: gun rammer, ventilation and vertical stabilier. 

Personally running Rammer, Vert. Stab and Optics.

Today got 2 times frontally penned by tier 6 Type 58 medium china tank.............. RNJesus?????

On 07/03/2017 at 3:14 PM, Fianii said:

3d995f66ce.jpg

These are 152mm and 128mm AP rounds from an E100 and a Maus respectively bouncing off the upper plate and into the underside of the turret, both damaging hits.

Well that proves it, the E100 and Maus are penning it, it needs another buff.

I fired 17 rounds of APCR from my Panther/M10 at an AFK 252 in the side of the the front drive wheel.

3 penetrations. Fucking ayy lmao gud balans.

3 hours ago, Summers said:

I fired 17 rounds of APCR from my Panther/M10 at an AFK 252 in the side of the the front drive wheel.

Shoot the ass maybe?

4 hours ago, Summers said:

it was afk?

then either you were trying to farm some assist damage from allies, or you were worried about the afk 252 would suddenly wake up and bugger off, then just aim for center mass

Have only a few games in it.

I don't tend to get too close because that cupola is too obvious, plus that reload is a big welcome to return shots. One of the battles I had I faced a 252 head on at the A1 corner of El Halluf, I regret heading there because I realised that corner is being way too close quarter. In the end I dumped 3 shots into his cupola as he was trying to shoot my LFP.

The LFP is surprising good when angled, the thing can angle the armour to strengthen LFP without UFP being trashed completely. However the hull is quite long and tall, working ridges on the sides need extra care or the UFP sticks out and bait shots, actually this may be a good thing consider how stupid the UFP is.

Need to check the armour model in details but I suspect shot traps. I think it has 30mm hull roof including the small area between driver's hatch and turret ring.

Im 100 games in and finding that it is useless when bottom tier

At 65% W/R and 2000 average damage per game

Got one MOE so far along with one Radleys, couple Top guns and a bunch of steel walls

Its impossible to stop when your top of the list and they don't have any T8 TD's

But I do find sometimes I can't do more than 1k damage since the gun is so random with shot placement

Vodka/10

20 hours ago, igorCRO said:

Today got 2 times frontally penned by tier 6 Type 58 medium china tank.............. RNJesus?????

Either cupola with APCR or he bounced from bottom of your turret into hull roof and penned. There is shottrap on the turret bottom

23 minutes ago, Spec said:

But I do find sometimes I can't do more than 1k damage since the gun is so random with shot placement

28 apcr and food may help.

It may sound too p2w, but the increased penetration helps with the random bullshit shots, food helps bringing that aim time and dispersion down to an acceptable level.

And you will still make a shitload of credits:serb:

I'm the OP and i've yet to buy the damned tank as i've been on the fence on whether or not to get it. And wanted to maintain my dignity.

Now i'm about to bite that bullet.

which is the better deal?

Defender - Standard : USD 46.57/ Euro 43.84 / TWD 1437

Defender - Supreme : USD 71.39 / Euro 67.20 / TWD 2203
(comes with 6750 gold, 15x x5 XP for Victory Missions, 10 personal reserves: +300% crew xp for 2 hours) 

i'm leaning to the Supreme package, but i just wanted to hear some thoughts

52 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

I'm the OP and i've yet to buy the damned tank as i've been on the fence on whether or not to get it. And wanted to maintain my dignity.

Now i'm about to bite that bullet.

which is the better deal?

Defender - Standard : USD 46.57/ Euro 43.84 / TWD 1437

Defender - Supreme : USD 71.39 / Euro 67.20 / TWD 2203
(comes with 6750 gold, 15x x5 XP for Victory Missions, 10 personal reserves: +300% crew xp for 2 hours) 

i'm leaning to the Supreme package, but i just wanted to hear some thoughts

6750gold is ~25eur, so tank and gold is ~70eur. Missions and reserves shit is just there to make feel you better. IMHO i would go for first option, nothing really valuable is second option. 

Yea just get the tank IMO, those reserves are nothing because you will eventually get some of them anyways.

RIP IS-3. The King is dead. Long live the King.

10 hours ago, sohojacques said:

RIP IS-3. The King is dead. Long live the King.

It is not dead, it just has a bigger, nastier brother.

IS-3>>>>>>every other tank except Defender. there are not that many around. i expect more on victory day.

5 hours ago, Felicius said:

It is not dead, it just has a bigger, nastier brother.

And it's so much nastier. The fact that the Defender can legitimately sidescape when top tier... must be a credit burning comedy when two of these face off against each other down a corridor. But that describes the new meta generally I guess.

8 hours ago, sohojacques said:

And it's so much nastier. The fact that the Defender can legitimately sidescape when top tier... must be a credit burning comedy when two of these face off against each other down a corridor. But that describes the new meta generally I guess.

Well...true. In random battles they are OP, bun not monstruosly so. There are still tier 10 TDs, plenty of arty, and jap derps in tiers 6-10 to kill them...and plenty of tanks they can not pen.

But in strongholds they are the new meta, and team that has Defenders simply rolls over teams with IS-3s (or Liberte/Patriot OP setup that dominated for what...3 months?).  Liberte/Patriot setups could be countered with skillful play, but Defenders stomp on 3/4 of maps.

Teams with CDC/M 41 + IS-6/T-34 or simply tech tree grind tanks are doomed to lose even from reddest teams there is, or win by capping.

That alpha is simply too big for the reload. Old KV1-S could be forced to trade 2 for 1 by plenty of tanks (and it had bad hull armor, even turret was easy pen for good guns of same tier or gold), like M6 and T-150, but 440 for 320 or 390 (and you bounce plenty of gold off LFP)  is the only option - there is less than 1.5 sec longer reload than IS-3 has, while other tanks (like KT or T32) are simply too slow to force the trading, and soft like wet cardboard in comparison. Hitting those hatches is a pain in the ass even for E-50 beyond 50 m, and most tanks miss them if he wiggles even slightly even point-blank. 

I know this game is going to die off eventually, but I am so tempted to buy next time it goes out. My car is also called  Defender, so meme material...they behave kinda similar...:).

I expect the will roll it out for Victory day, instead of the tried and tested Berlin trio (everybody who wanted them has them by now - and that was a bad bargain compared to Defender, despite being really good at the time).

10 minutes ago, Felicius said:

That alpha is simply too big for the reload.

...and armour, because it can use all of its dpm when top tier. IS-3 is restricted/"balanced" by it's soft front of hull. If the 252 had as bad or worse dpm than the Lowe or T34 you could almost justify it armour layout.

I perform best in HTs by every measure. But I also enjoy playing them less and less (this meta ain't my meta). So $60 Australian is a bit too rich for me. But if I was going to cough up for a premium HT...the 252 is what I thought the IS-3 would be when I got it as my first Tier 8.

32 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

...and armour, because it can use all of its dpm when top tier. IS-3 is restricted/"balanced" by it's soft front of hull. If the 252 had as bad or worse dpm than the Lowe or T34 you could almost justify it armour layout.

I perform best in HTs by every measure. But I also enjoy playing them less and less (this meta ain't my meta). So $60 Australian is a bit too rich for me. But if I was going to cough up for a premium HT...the 252 is what I thought the IS-3 would be when I got it as my first Tier 8.

Well, i am a med player all the way through (most of my battles in heavies are in my first 10 k, when i was a noob), and heavies that i play (and enjoy) are medium-like (T-10, Patriot)...

I am not sure will i enjoy the defender at all - since i like T-10 more than IS-3 (and perform better, too). I will play the defender a lot today on a friend acc to test my feelings. A super-armored, but derpier IS-3 gives me a mixed feelings.

I bought patriot without that kind of test, and was not disappointed - but it was obvious from the stats that i will fall in love with it - I like good pen pew-pew guns+tanks with gun depression and fair speed/good view range.

Why do i enjoy playing O-Ho so much then? Never liked the derps before...hated the T49, KV-2, O-I and O-No, and Pz. 4 too.

maybe it would click with me...I have 3 Soviet heavy crews, so a premium tank would be nice.

I do wonder how the slight reduction of mobility vs the IS-3 sees it hold up when bottom tier? Does it get enough troll bounces off its hull to compensate?

54 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

I do wonder how the slight reduction of mobility vs the IS-3 sees it hold up when bottom tier? Does it get enough troll bounces off its hull to compensate?

It is not that slower...in SH we play both, and they are kinda same. Yes, Is-3 is faster and more agile, but Defender is an armoured beast...it could have Maus speed and still be great. Just look at VK 100.01 to see that 440 alpha at tier 8+armor works like a charm.

Tank Is extremely hard to play. Occasionally I'm forced to sidescrape instead of simply rolling my face across the keyboard. WG please fix this bug