SlyMeerkat

Leo (What Gun To Use?)

24 posts in this topic

Hi there, so I have got the Leo and everything is upgraded with just the grind to the Emil to go and I am torn between which of the 2 guns to use:

The 7.5 cm or the 10 cm?, I have tried them both and just cant make up my mind so a little help here with the pros and cons of each and what you run on yours?

For me it boils down to there being other tanks in that tier that can already do the pewpew thing.  The Leo is the only option that really merges that level of mobility and alpha, so it seems a shame not to play it with the gun that makes it unique.

You wont get a definitive answer on this, and if you can play with both without getting significant :babyrage: then you are lucky. 

Some said it is a choice between playing a shitty version of T20 or a shitty Comet. Since I love the T20 and absolutely hate the Comet, the choice for me was simple. 

I think this is a good post on the topic: 

It depends on your play style. I would say you can choose between an A-44 and a Comet. Yesterday I played it with the 100mm, because I was in my yolo mood.

75mm to camp bush, 100mm if you want to insert your gun in someones ass.:MingLee:

a poll could be helpful to quickly see what people overall think

10cm imo because otherwise ur weakass comet or retarded strv74 brother tier higher

34 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

10cm imo because otherwise ur weakass comet or retarded strv74 brother tier higher

Good point on the Poll thing but i guess its too late to add that now?

1 hour ago, ninz said:

You wont get a definitive answer on this, and if you can play with both without getting significant :babyrage: then you are lucky. 

Some said it is a choice between playing a shitty version of T20 or a shitty Comet. Since I love the T20 and absolutely hate the Comet, the choice for me was simple. 

I think this is a good post on the topic: 

Thanks, shall check that out and as for guns, i dont think im that bad using either of them really, just depends how the team itself goes and the choices i make to get most damage out of it.

52 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Oh look, what a surprise, Leggasiini voted for the derp gun. :kappa:

Never played a Leo, but looking at the stats it's a no brainer for me. I'd choose the 75mm just for its DPM, aim time (which is nuts IMO) and accuracy. APCR is better pen, too. The velocity with APCR is impressive, enabling a muppet like me to plot trajectory more effectively, especially over distance.

2 hours ago, SlyMeerkat said:

I am torn between which of the 2 guns to use:

This thread is completely redundant, because 3/4 of the Leo thread is about gun choice. I suggest you read it first, and not just the last page.

Unless you put the poll up, I think you can simply close it down.

If you can not decide which gun to use after 50+posts about the difference between them, than nobody can help you.

75mm. Didn't touch the 100mm for with that gun handling.

the 100mm gun seems to be a viable choice, along with having a usable HE shell too

11 hours ago, Monkey said:

Oh look, what a surprise, Leggasiini voted for the derp gun. :kappa:

But this time he has a point. I think @Luna or some other purple mf explained, QB gun dishes more damage but as soon you land first shot enemy starts noticing you. Since you are paper thin, it's better trade with 300 alpha and be less exposed. 

300 is imho much better gun, and in fact isn't so derpy, like jap boxy pos. 

75 would be viable if pen is above average. Like 220 for APCR. 

I ran the 10cm. It may not be straight up better but at least with it you can trade 1 for 1 with shitty tier 7 mediums with 150 alpha.

3 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

But this time he has a point. I think @Luna or some other purple mf explained, QB gun dishes more damage but as soon you land first shot enemy starts noticing you. Since you are paper thin, it's better trade with 300 alpha and be less exposed. 

300 is imho much better gun, and in fact isn't so derpy, like jap boxy pos. 

75 would be viable if pen is above average. Like 220 for APCR. 

Never played the leo, no input. :P 

3 hours ago, Luna said:

Never played the leo, no input. :P 

Maybe it's @Rexxie dunno, you are all same to me :doge: 

yep..

For me the 10cm would be the way to go. Flat DPM is only good if you are able to constantly dish out damage. As that is not always the case in a T7 MT, the 10cm seems best for overall minimal exposure for shots, kill potential, and actual threat to other tanks.

the 100mm also seems ideal for hit and run tactics

Well I have given both guns a try in quite a few battles now and noticed that I tend to do better with the top gun then the fast firing one (maybe not as good enough player to make that one work for me?) so think I shall stick with that one, thanks all for the comments and I know there has been several posts about it as I have goggled the thing but still had me confused due to the choices between the 2 guns, plus didn't help that every time I searched it, it kept relating it to the Leopard German tank.....

i switched to the top gun after having 5 tier 9 battles and had 400 dmg 

the moment i switched the gun i instantly had 2-3k battles ez

i finished the grind like this, its a decent tank.

56 58.93% 1491 89.29 1.57 1.36 74% 958 53648 Ace Tanker

Just now, Vindi said:

i switched to the top gun after having 5 tier 9 battles and had 400 dmg 

the moment i switched the gun i instantly had 2-3k battles ez

i finished the grind like this, its a decent tank.

56 58.93% 1491 89.29 1.57 1.36 74% 958 53648 Ace Tanker

That was my issue mainly as well, I just struggled to be of any use

15 hours ago, SlyMeerkat said:

That was my issue mainly as well, I just struggled to be of any use

that's what it feels like in the Comet nowadays, mainly if the MM wasn't favorable.

with something like a 90-105 caliber gun you could still contribute more in a tier 7 tank like the T-34-1, T-34/100, A-44, T20 and the Leo

its why tanks like the Comet, Panther, and VKD aren't doing so well (at least the Germans are getting some love soon)

Russians of course get the 85mm

Having only recently ground out the 10cm, I have started using it recently - just in time for a 5 game losing streak... but even then, in some horribly one-sided losses, the 10cm allows you to put out more damage than the 75mm simply because, as others have pointed out, you're getting that hit in one go, as opposed to needing two (or more) shots to do the same amount of damage, which in some steamrolls, you just don't get. I agree with the observation of others that the upper limit on damage also seems to be much better with the 10cm.

The gun handling difference is noticeable however, especially if your crew isn't too great (like mine). Either you've got to get in close and knife-fight where the accuracy doesn't matter so much or risk spending an age aiming in (and it really can take what feels like a long, long time). Even with such a long losing streak, I don't think I'd want to go back to the 75mm

1 hour ago, Balthazars said:

Having only recently ground out the 10cm, I have started using it recently - just in time for a 5 game losing streak... but even then, in some horribly one-sided losses, the 10cm allows you to put out more damage than the 75mm simply because, as others have pointed out, you're getting that hit in one go, as opposed to needing two (or more) shots to do the same amount of damage, which in some steamrolls, you just don't get. I agree with the observation of others that the upper limit on damage also seems to be much better with the 10cm.

The gun handling difference is noticeable however, especially if your crew isn't too great (like mine). Either you've got to get in close and knife-fight where the accuracy doesn't matter so much or risk spending an age aiming in (and it really can take what feels like a long, long time). Even with such a long losing streak, I don't think I'd want to go back to the 75mm

I always roll the dice, if I have an opportunity I fire without aim, sometimes hits sometimes files to Saturn. But I don't like being in a place with a nimble and fragile tank, I almost play it like LT (and I'm without camo skill which is a shame, but it's not my act so I can't do all on my own) and move around a lot. When a team is bad you can't carry that much, but you can farm damage at least. 

I have finished my grind on the Leo, with exactly 100 Battles in it and a 52% WR, which with the top gun i definitely performed a lot more better and now on to the Emil 1 :)