Rexxie

Elimination: Tier 8 Premiums - Patriot's Providence (COMPLETE)

514 posts in this topic

AMX M4 49 (Liberté): 30 The gun fucking sucks. 
Löwe: 43 All hail our glorious overLöwed.
T26E5 (Patriot): 49
112: 14

Also getting rid of the STA before the KR lul

Can i just save everyone time and nominate 252 as best tenk? :QBFlip:

AYrJC2x.jpg

1 hour ago, CarbonWard said:

Can i just save everyone time and nominate 252 as best tenk? :QBFlip:

AYrJC2x.jpg

Seriously, what do I need to do to get moving towards this level. I'm stuck, plz get me unstuck.

AMX M4 49 (Liberté): 30
Löwe: 43
T26E5 (Patriot): 49 + 1 = 50  Because while I can't buy it, I love platooning my IS-5 with them and calling it the Trump/Putin superplatoon.
112: 14 - 3 = 11  D-25T.  Not even 250 HEAT saves the derpiness. GET. OUT.

Dammit the top 3 are prems I dont have :/ and I need heavy crew grinders for FR and GR must resist urge to give WG more $$$..

Löwe: 43 + 1 = 44. GERMAN BIAS IS HERE BOIS
T26E5 (Patriot): 50  
112: 11 - 3 = 8. It might be fast. It might have pref mm. It might have ridiculous OP frontal armor. But no matter what, it has D-25T. Nothing can make the tank best if it carries D-25T.

N o t h i n g.

Löwe: 44
T26E5 (Patriot): 50  +1 = 51. best allrounder heavium these days
112: 8 - 3 = 5.

AMX M4 49 (Liberté): 30 + 1 = 31 Had too much fun bullying Is3 in sh
T26E5 (Patriot):  51
112: 5 - 3 = 2 Worse of the remaining.

AMX M4 49 (Liberté): 31
T26E5 (Patriot):  51 + 1 = 52
T32 + M26 + monies = :trump::trump::trump:

112: 2 - 3 = -1
D-25T. Sayonara, BITCH

This is going to be the most interesting part now that the 112 is dead.

AMX M4 49 (Liberté): 31 - 3 = 28 love this tank but fuck arty
T26E5 (Patriot):  52 + 1 = 53 can actually flex unlike the other two. also has good dpm and is not an arty magnet

AMX M4 49 (Liberté): 31
Löwe: 44 + 1 = 45 Can buy with tourney gold. (And when it next gets a discount, I'm pro'ly gonna buy it, as I've US/Fr Heavy trainers, already)
T26E5 (Patriot):  52 - 3 = 49 Only available through cash.

I don't own, nor have driven any of the remaining, so unsure how valid my future votes are, but fuck it!

AMX M4 49 (Liberté): 32 Best Remaining
Löwe: 42 - Do you want a .50cal between your eyes, or this shotgun 12 guage slug? Cause really, all three remaining will do the job and its hard to say
T26E5 (Patriot):  49

AMX M4 49 (Liberté): 32 -3=29 The armor doesn't work and the front towards enemy is only useful when the enemy cant move 15 degrees to your flanks.
Löwe: 42 +1= 43 The ponderous playstyle this encourages is so much fun and the flexibility that this tank has makes it a winner.
T26E5 (Patriot):  49

AMX M4 49 (Liberté): 29
Löwe: 43 +1 = 44 Still the best (pretend this is green)
T26E5 (Patriot):  49 - 3 = 46 I'd rather drive either of the two above, if forced to choose between these three (pretend this is red)

AMX M4 49 : 29

Löwe:  41 Slow and arty bait. Can not run away from trouble, or collapsing flank. or reset cap the idiot pubbies ignore. Best gun and 3rd best armor of all prems is balanced by low DPM and LFP (that you can hide when defending, but not when you attack).  400 m view range, that you almost never exploit, because the moment you get spotted, 4 arty in enemy team starts switching their sights.

T26E5 (Patriot):  47 I forgot how arty Lowes slow tanks because I have played so much of this. Not in danger of being out-traded by Defender, of get caught at all (run, Forest, run) that kills Löwe in 3.75 shots, while the Löwe needs 4.7 shots to kill it.

AMX M4 49 (Liberte): 29 - 3 = 26 Worst one left. Unlike Löwe and Patriot, the armor layout is like Japanese heavies which means that while its immune to certain pen guns, its not angleable due to useless side and weak cheek and after certain pen its useless. Its imo even worse arty bait than Löwe due to having similar mobility (its barely better) but HE pen side armor, it has low view range, annoying cupola and the gun is quite average (with very high ammo cost). Its great tank, but its not on par with Patriot and Löwe (or Obj 252).

Löwe: 41 + 1 = 42 dont need to explain voted it so many times already

Patriot: 47

13 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

AMX M4 49 (Liberte): 29 - 3 = 26 Worst one left. Unlike Löwe and Patriot, the armor layout is like Japanese heavies which means that while its immune to certain pen guns, its not angleable due to useless side and weak cheek and after certain pen its useless. Its imo even worse arty bait than Löwe due to having similar mobility (its barely better) but HE pen side armor, it has low view range, annoying cupola and the gun is quite average (with very high ammo cost). Its great tank, but its not on par with Patriot and Löwe (or Obj 252).

Löwe: 41 + 1 = 42 dont need to explain voted it so many times already

Patriot: 47

In defence of the Liberte, the tank can angle, but it has to have solid cover so you can hide one cheek and the cupola. Generally - unless it is in a perfect position, however, its armour is weaker than the 252 save for the lfp. Straight line mobility as you said is comparable to the Lowe - but the far superior HP/t makes the Cock a far nippier tank than the Slowe. The gun is by far the weakest of the three - and shells cost a fortune too - but the fact you can slice through 252's lfp kind of redeems it.

Having played the Lowe on my friend's account, I can't say whether the Lowe is objectively better than the 49; what I will say is this: the 49 is fun. It lets you play very aggressively and push Tier 8 tanks around like no other. It's very much like a Super-Super Pershing, or a retarded T110E5. OTOH the Lowe just isn't. It's the opposite of agile. The DPM is bad enough that you are always stuck as an anchor. The moment you move out of position you are focused by everything which has a gun and your ammorack and engine get blown to smithereens.

I stated it poorly as i just woke up when i wrote that.

Liberte can angle, but that goes like you said by just angling the front from corners like 20 degrees at most, which doesnt increase effective armor THAT much but its better than nothing. It cant sidescrape at all, however. Also there is not always chance to come out from corner by hiding cupola so there is that.

Like i said, Liberte IS very good tank just for reasons you mentioned. When top tier, i would say Liberte is probably about as equal as Patriot and Löwe. However...

1) worst gun of these

2) armor scheme that becomes mediocre against certain penetration

3) poor view range

...means that Liberte is clearly worse than both Patriot and Löwe when not top tier, and thats reason for my downvote.

Also this thread is not for arquing so yea, just wanted to make it more clear since you brought it up.

AMX M4 49 (Liberte): 26

Löwe: 42+1 = 43 If you think you can't flex in this, you're retarded. Literally. IT KEEPS PACE WITH AN IS-3. Put that into perspective. It only turns slow. That's it. The only thing the Lowe lacks over the Patriot/49 is turning capabilities, dpm, and acceleration. It is superior everywhere else.

Patriot: 47-3 = 44 I can't hear you over being incapable of 1v1ing Tier 10s. DPM means jack shit with the Maus/Type 5 meta. At least a Lowe can penetrate them reliably and trade evenly if not better.

4 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Löwe: 42+1 = 43 If you think you can't flex in this, you're retarded. Literally. IT KEEPS PACE WITH AN IS-3. Put that into perspective. It only turns slow. That's it. The only thing the Lowe lacks over the Patriot/49 is turning capabilities, dpm, and acceleration. It is superior everywhere else.

Patriot: 47-3 = 44 I can't hear you over being incapable of 1v1ing Tier 10s. DPM means jack shit with the Maus/Type 5 meta. At least a Lowe can penetrate them reliably and trade evenly if not better.

I must have missed something somewhere. For info I didn’t play the Löwe, so pardon my ignorance, but how does a 11hp/t(Löwe) compare to a tank that has 14hp/t(is-3) and 15hp/t(patriot) compare in mobility ?

It has worse hp/t, worse turret and track traverse, worse top speed and worse if not equal ground resistance.

And as far as tier 10 games go’s, yes the Patriot has worse prem penetration but at least it can fight on the medium side and still has a good turret. With the Löwe you are pretty much condemned to go to the heavy side from the start if you don’t wan’t the game to unfold before you or get sworned by mediums tanks.

I’m not saying the the Löwe is bad. I’m just saying you can’t really compare the mobility and say it’s has good as the rest.

But why are you comparing mobility?  It's a tanking heavy. That's what makes it relevant at T10. Properly angled, and maneuvered, it is quite hard to pen, and has a great punch. Sure it's slower to get to the fight, but not that much slower, and once there, makes more of a difference. 

This discussion is really about the difference between ranking tanks based on stats rather than playing them. 

Löwe: 43-3 = 40 Worst radio range of the bunch, GTFO
Patriot: 44+1 = 45 Definitely the best because I played a tank like it once and liked it

I'm purple so any opinion I hold is valid and superior to others.

@CraBeatOff if @CarbonWard wants to do a simple 10 replay pack or so, I have an EU account which has the Defender on it

Löwe:  37 
Patriot: 46

This sums it up so good.

4 hours ago, DHP said:

I must have missed something somewhere. For info I didn’t play the Löwe, so pardon my ignorance, but how does a 11hp/t(Löwe) compare to a tank that has 14hp/t(is-3) and 15hp/t(patriot) compare in mobility ?

It has worse hp/t, worse turret and track traverse, worse top speed and worse if not equal ground resistance.

And as far as tier 10 games go’s, yes the Patriot has worse prem penetration but at least it can fight on the medium side and still has a good turret. With the Löwe you are pretty much condemned to go to the heavy side from the start if you don’t wan’t the game to unfold before you or get sworned by mediums tanks.

I’m not saying the the Löwe is bad. I’m just saying you can’t really compare the mobility and say it’s has good as the rest.

Gotta Go Fast!

2 hours ago, Griphos said:

But why are you comparing mobility?  It's a tanking heavy. That's what makes it relevant at T10. Properly angled, and maneuvered, it is quite hard to pen, and has a great punch. Sure it's slower to get to the fight, but not that much slower, and once there, makes more of a difference. 

This discussion is really about the difference between ranking tanks based on stats rather than playing them. 

I am just trying to understand why the person before me said it has equal mobility has an IS-3 and a patriot when it really doesn't.