Spinee

Two great games using the same spot in Siegfried Line

9 posts in this topic

I've recently started using the E8/F8 spot in nearly every semi maneuverable tank with armor on Siegfried Line, and from the South side it seems like an incredibly broken position assuming your team covers your ass from either the East or West side. You get shots on anything that tries to cross the Eastern road and once you take out anyone there you sidescrape out to anyone inside the gap or rotate to the West side and punish any tank trying to push any of the roads, as I did in the replays.

Just recently I have had my highest ever damage game using that spot in the T110E5, and my highest damage game in the T26E5 (Two very balanced tanks :serb:), the T26E5 game I played like absolute trash at the end. I am also open to any tips on what I could have done better, but this thread is mainly for bragging purposes. :minidoge:

T26E5: http://wotreplays.eu/site/3351163#stats

T110E5: http://wotreplays.eu/site/3342656#siegfried_line-spinee-t110e5

Every time I go there a 50-120 comes around from E9 and clips me in the ass, but it definitely worked in your games

Yes, those are strong positions.  If not taken early, tends to put teams on their heels.

wp, but that spot is mostly a case of whether you get flanked from E5/E9 and hide out of the game in the pocket while your team get killed, or mop up stupids.

T110E5 game:

14:20 If you'd been less lazy with the aim, you could've got the M41 90 GF that poked.

13:48 Don't drive over barrels for the hell of it. First barrel can be nailed from A8 by arty, 2nd from A5-A7, in other words common arty positions.

13:15 Some inexact driving there.

13:10 Don't pre-aim at the rock pile next to you. Also pre-aim at track wheel height not UFP height.

13:05 Don't move when unspotted just because you can, unless you have a purpose. You risk him peeking and lighting you when you're not in a position to fire back, and for nothing.

13:01 See?

12:50 You got frightened of the WZ-132. Given your armor and hard cover, plus your weak rear, playing this position is a risk. Taking 1/4-1/3 of the HP off one of the few tanks that can reliably out-spot you is worth being half-exposed for half a second.

12:42 If you shoot like you drive, how did you win this?

12:28 You ran from a far less exposed position than this 30 seconds ago (less actually) while not in fact offering your side armor to the Grille or JPE100 which could be unspotted at B9. Usually you'd be punished for this - strange game.

12:14 164 seconds in and you do your first damage. On another less balanced and passive game (hai EU) or playing on NA, this is too little dmg, too late, and the game would've been half-over. Luckily it doesn't bite you here.

12:06 132, KV-4 should've taken off 1/4 of your HP - you gave them your side. Stupid E100 is stupid.

11:56 Better repositioning

11:46 Lazy bounce.

11:34 Still nice to see you using AP though.

11:30 Stupid 132 is stupid.

10:30 Idiots try to battle you front-on. This won't happen most games. WZ-120 who comes through gets tracked (good shot)

10:10 More stupids from WZ-132

10:02 You could have moved earlier to help the 50 100. Grille 15 is an issue though. Send him a 'Fall Back' suggestion?

09:45 Bad Grille is bad. You don't shoot an E5 there. You just don't.

09:38 You seem slightly overangled on the Grille, and he should be able to go through your side with APCR. I know I would - you've also made your LFP a lot weaker.

09:25 Stupid Lowe is stupid. You don't track anything when it's at an angle to track it unless you're at 90º, it seems. Just an observation.

09:00 KV-4 vs T110E5...no surprises there.

08:10 Ditto, AMX 50 100.

You clean up a huge amount of stupid tanks, the E100 basically gives you free damage but doesn't poke enough to fire back, the WZ-120 yolos you badly and the 132, Lowe, Tiger 2, KV-4 and 50 100 are all free damage - you farm them with impunity due to the current overbuff. A lucky game, but it was great only in stats imo. The number of times you could've/should've been punished by a better team was silly, too.
Still, top tier best tier. Is the T26E5 game more worth watching?

Oh bugger it - T26E5 P game:

14:05 Food might've got you the reply spot. You poked too far tho

13:54 Go for the track shot.

13:48 Good job he's stupid he should've tracked you and forced you to burn that expensive large repair kit. I'd love to have your ping, and your funds :D

13:20 Well played this fight, but stupid Tiger 2 is stupid. I'd rather see a T2 player this bad snipe than brawl in it.

12:59 You take a bad hit from the WZ-111, but farming middle is always fun and it's a quick ~840 dmg.

12:36 Poor snapshot from you.

12:12 The move Jingles would probably call 'surprise flankseks'. Not awful, just lazy driving.

12:00 Track and damage opportunities are things you seem to lose a lot. You're lucky he's on the reload - you didn't seem to know whether he was loaded.

11:48 Tracked by a derp roomba. Your luck continues. One shot from the T54E1 and a high roll from the Roomba actually connecting and that should've been game over for you, and would be most matches.

11:33 *claps* YOU TRACKED IT - GO BOY! Didn't help as it was your kill shot, but it's good discipline anyhow.

11:17 a bit of a waste of your HP here, but you're just rushing for cleanup damage. You should switch to APCR for your 2nd shot as he's a nearly guaranteed kill (approx ~95% of the time), while HE can do odd things even into the soft spots. Nonetheless you'll get the kill because you're having a charmed game.

10:51 Just stupid JP2 things. You should've died there too. Bad, lazy cleanup play is great for damage and wn8 on this occasion but not reinforcing good habits.

10:30 Recognise the arty will die to the 4202 and pull left earlier.

END At least you tried to track the 704.

2 hours ago, Tigeh said:

[Text]

Thank you for the analysis. Some of the time I don't go for risky track shots because my aim is (As you saw) incredibly shaky, and I have missed track shots and not hit the tank many a time, so I take the damage rather than the risky shot which I am more often than not going to screw up, hence me only shooting the tracks at a decent angle when I know I can hit the tank 100% of the time.

For the T26E5 game, me getting spotted early was due to the little gap between the rubble, not due to anyone out in the East in front of me. I also knew the T54E1 was reloaded, I just didn't go for him because the Obj. 704 hadn't been lit for a while and I didn't want to risk losing half of my health. I think that from reading your analysis I need to work on my sidescraping more so it isn't an auto pen vs enemies. Track shots too are obviously important so I also have to fix my horrible aim to be able to capitalise on this.

7 hours ago, Spinee said:

For the T26E5 game, me getting spotted early was due to the little gap between the rubble, not due to anyone out in the East in front of me. 

IIRC that just meant that when you sallied out you were already lit - not negating the possibility of tanks who could light you there. If I'm in a Grille 15 or similar I'll set up to punish people who poke that corner.

Anyhow, GGS. "They offered it to you so yo took it" isn't really a critcism of your play - sometimes that's all you need to do to win. I'm trying to improve doing this actually, as it's the obvious difference between 1.5k and 2.2k or 2.2k and 2.9k.

15 hours ago, Tigeh said:

I'm trying to improve doing this actually, as it's the obvious difference between 1.5k and 2.2k or 2.2k and 2.9k.

Teaching others, even at a rudimentary level is a great form of education.  My chess game improved tremendously when I started coaching childrens chess.

So @Spinee, do you tend to play inside the wrecked building from the north spawn? I have had mixed luck with it, it can work great or get badly cross fired from the corners.

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

Teaching others, even at a rudimentary level is a great form of education.  My chess game improved tremendously when I started coaching childrens chess.

So @Spinee, do you tend to play inside the wrecked building from the north spawn? I have had mixed luck with it, it can work great or get badly cross fired from the corners.

I haven't tried it much recently, but I would only go there in the early game and look toward the left side for early spots on any scouts or tanks trying to cross. Same for the right side if any tank pokes out I can punish them early. After that I usually fall back to the building west of the hole and then advance towards the buildings at F7/F8 once it is clear. I have not had much experience from the North side, since sometimes there are tanks at F8/F9 on the other side who see that I am spotted (Most likely due to proxy) and advance on me and get crossfires, so make sure to have some sort of support or to make sure that area is clear before advancing.