yuryi

CW Meta Changes

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys, with the upcoming armor nerf to the E5, there is a vacant role for the fast heavies to fill.

The current obvious replacement is the 113, however it is a situational replacement due to the poor gun depression and weak lower plate, so it will not be a good option for certain maps. The IS series don't really stand a chance either.

To add on top of that, the armor buffs to the superheavies make it even more difficult for fast heavies. With things shaken up a little bit, do you think there will be a gradual shift of tactics that include a more slow paced and static kind of play for maps where mediums can't dominate on their own?

I don't think the meta will shift much. It's still a darned good tank. The cupola weakspot is negated by smart positioning anyways.

Only thing that will change is that the maus and type 5 will be a more common occurrence than usual.

Mediums will always be a necessity on most maps during CW.

The E5 is getting hit hard but I expect it to remain the dominant heavy tank in CW. 

Like Fulcrous said, the Maus will definitely gain more play but I disagree about the Type 5. Of course the gun is OP but the main problem still remains within its armor that is easily penned with heat

1 hour ago, CheekiBreeki_ said:

Like Fulcrous said, the Maus will definitely gain more play but I disagree about the Type 5. Of course the gun is OP but the main problem still remains within its armor that is easily penned with heat

I predict it will see use on himmels/siegfried because it's guaranteed to deal damage on whatever anchor the opposing clan will use.

We play CW down at the pleb level, so YMMV at the upper level of CW.  We've seen an uptick in 113 even before the E5 nerf because there are things you can do with the 113 a little better.  We have also started seeing and using Kranvagns in certain situations and I'm sure they will cut into the E5 a little.  At the end of the day though, the E5 has decent armor and a great gun and is still going to be a useful all arounder.

Obviously going from a small 260mm+ weak spot to a larger 230mm weak spot is going to suck - but every shot fired in CW at an E5 is HEAT anyway so the cupola rarely bounced shots as it is.  

24 minutes ago, Zepherex said:

We hardly touch E5s seems our callers favor the 113 for dpm and mobility.

Your players also don't throw as hard as others xD

Kranvagns/113/obj 260/maus have been seeing a bit more use, for maus probably because its competive next patch, its probably gonna be more useful. kranvagn is useful if you are camping i guess, but they get 1 shot by tier x arty rather easily whenever i see them in clan wars. 113/obj 260 are seeing more use than before thanks to the buffs to 113 previously, and for pushing hard and fast while still needing armor. E5 still being used and i suspect it will still be even next patch, because the nerf to the armor was pretty much not critical in cw, because the capoula is pretty much almost 100% pen with heat if you are any good, and you shouldn't really be showing your lfp, if you are forced to fight on level ground you are pretty much getting penned now in cw anyway so i think it doesn't really matter.

As for type 5 heavy i feel it may be used in some situations (read: very rarely) since with maus buff, the maus easily is more bouncy and has more hp, and the type 5 heavy derp gun is too unreliable for cw imo.

whoever sees a E5 instantly loads premium shells anyway even in pubs, so the cupola nerf isn't that relevant.

E5 will still be used because of its mobility and overall good gun, even though i've seen a lot of 113s lately (due to the buffs it got).

Maus will be more frequently seen along the new pzkpfw 7 (it's really, really good) but i don't think we'll see many type 5s unless fighting pleb clans.

Mediums are the key for almost every CW (mobility, dpm) so i wouldn't be worried too much about any meta change

E5 still gets a niche of fast DPM heavy seperate from that of the 113, due to the flexibility with the gun depression, and I doubt that will change because of the amount of premium flying around anyway. 

I know nothing of CW but I would like to ask: do you guys thing the Str swed td will change the meta on certain maps?  I can imagine 3 of these camping on Malinovka or holding the 12 line on prok and tear down anything incoming. Plus it can climb and boost pretty decently so I expect goats abusing that dpm and camo. 

113s were being taken anyway, the nerf will just push the E5 out even more because the HEAT spam in CWs impacted the cupola, but it could still troll bounce some of that, but that is unlikely now, whereas 113 turret is more robust to HEAT anyway, it's faster and has more DPM.

E5 DPM is not even that good.

You might even see more 215bs back if people want HP + DPM. 

now if we got the Chieftain finally, in it's current stat it would a well used CW reward tank I reckon because of the massive DPM, APCR prem ammo, gun depression and is even faster than the E5. It's terrible hull armour would be no issue CWs. 

3.7k maxed DPM with 310 APCR prem ammo, -10 gun depression and 1.32s aim time. 

More interesting for CWs will be the tier 8 lights going to tier 9 and the T-54 ltw not being the obvious tier 8 pick anymore

The STRV 103B is certainly seeing use in CW on maps like Prok and Mali, where the long sight lines allow it. On prok especially, it can seriously rack up a TON of damage. I think the last two prok's Ive been involved with, the 103Bs just shit out 5 and 7k+ battles.

As far as tier 10 Lights in cw: No. Why, when the BatChat exist with its 5 shot auto-loader that can take most tier 10 HTs down to 1 shot, or clip most tier 10 MTs? The tier 10 lights wont see any great use unless their ammunition is buffed penetration wise or clip size

30 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

As far as tier 10 Lights in cw: No. Why, when the BatChat exist with its 5 shot auto-loader that can take most tier 10 HTs down to 1 shot, or clip most tier 10 MTs? The tier 10 lights wont see any great use unless their ammunition is buffed penetration wise or clip size

I'd expect people might use the tier 10 German purely because of view range and camo.

It's going to have 440 base view range, with skills it will have like 540 plus on the move view range and likely to have similar to RU camo whilst going 72 kph. Plus gun wise it's pen won't be amazing but good enough and it'll have 390 alpha with like 2/7k - 2.8k base.

I don't expect to see many of them used but I'd expect one or two just because it will outspot a Bat Chat quite comfortably and generally be faster/more stealthy, whilst gun power wise is similar to other 390 meds, you are only losing out on HP.

Plus those are only initial stats, we may see more buffs to them, I'd also expect that Russian pancake turret thing to have very high camo because of how low profile it is.

4 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

I know nothing of CW but I would like to ask: do you guys thing the Str swed td will change the meta on certain maps?  I can imagine 3 of these camping on Malinovka or holding the 12 line on prok and tear down anything incoming. Plus it can climb and boost pretty decently so I expect goats abusing that dpm and camo. 

its being used quite often already, as you have hypothesized it is used  on wide open maps like prok, malinovka, and is really useful for defences (kind of fills the same niche as the grille 15). With the nerfs to the grille 15(mainly the reload), it will probably be used more often(as people grind it out)

4 hours ago, tajj7 said:

113s were being taken anyway, the nerf will just push the E5 out even more because the HEAT spam in CWs impacted the cupola, but it could still troll bounce some of that, but that is unlikely now, whereas 113 turret is more robust to HEAT anyway, it's faster and has more DPM.

E5 DPM is not even that good.

You might even see more 215bs back if people want HP + DPM. 

now if we got the Chieftain finally, in it's current stat it would a well used CW reward tank I reckon because of the massive DPM, APCR prem ammo, gun depression and is even faster than the E5. It's terrible hull armour would be no issue CWs. 

3.7k maxed DPM with 310 APCR prem ammo, -10 gun depression and 1.32s aim time. 

More interesting for CWs will be the tier 8 lights going to tier 9 and the T-54 ltw not being the obvious tier 8 pick anymore

Considering that the m41 90 GF is a premium, i think it could be used temporarily for t8 cw while players/callers replace it with perhaps the new t8 lts or maybe even t8 meds if they feel the lts do not fight the role (of said LW that is being removed).

Also i think the t8 wz132 might be staying at t8(can't recall offhand, correct me if i'm wrong), and its similar enough to the LW and has been used as replacement already for a while.