bjshnog

Life is hard (Solono needs assistance)

41 posts in this topic

As you may or may not know, Solono is having significant financial difficulties, and up until now his anxiety has gotten in the way of asking for help (and that's why I'm posting it instead - with his approval). Here are some of the things he's dealing with:

• He is poor.
  • His car is falling apart.
  • He has various psychological issues that require medication that causes side effects.
  • He has other medical issues such as kidney problems that make it hard for him to even walk.
  • He cannot find, let alone do, normal work. His work in this community is his primary job.
  • He's supporting his mother who is even worse off than he is.
  • His application for disability payments from the state was denied, and it'll be about 3 months before he can reapply.

I've been helping with this stuff for a while now, but it isn't really sustainable for me, so that's another reason I'm making this thread. If you would like more details, you can PM @Solono.

Mr. Badmin needs assistance, and you can help him by donating on PayPal (or by adjusting your Patreon pledge - though PayPal donations are preferred): gold-rect-paypal-60px.png TtO19qf.png?1

All help would be greatly appreciated!

This sucks. I'll see what I can do about my Patreon pledge. It seems to have gone inactive due to my CC expiring and now it's acting screwy trying to re-enable it.

5 hours ago, bjshnog said:

As you may or may not know, Solono is having significant financial difficulties, and up until now his anxiety has gotten in the way of asking for help (and that's why I'm posting it instead - with his approval). Here are some of the things he's dealing with:

• He is poor.
  • His car is falling apart.
  • He has various psychological issues that require medication that causes side effects.
  • He has other medical issues such as kidney problems that make it hard for him to even walk.
  • He cannot find, let alone do, normal work. His work in this community is his primary job.
  • He's supporting his mother who is even worse off than he is.
  • His application for disability payments from the state was denied, and it'll be about 3 months before he can reapply.

I've been helping with this stuff for a while now, but it isn't really sustainable for me, so that's another reason I'm making this thread. If you would like more details, you can PM @Solono.

Mr. Badmin needs assistance, and you can help him by donating on PayPal (or by adjusting your Patreon pledge): gold-rect-paypal-60px.png TtO19qf.png?1

All help would be greatly appreciated!

Patreon pledge here, will directly assist? Yeah, I know, you said that, but just double checking . . . I am that type.

55 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Patreon pledge here, will directly assist? Yeah, I know, you said that, but just double checking . . . I am that type.

Either helps immensely but directly assisting is preferred at this moment. 

I forgot to adjust my patreon back up after my all my training was done... i'll go do that.

I am both annoyed and sad at how I may not be able to make iodine monochloride today because of how fucked my feet are. i'm almost done with the iodine step but it feels like knives are stabbing my feet.

Fuck the pain, got it done.

I regret it, holy shit.

Do not blow off your thumbs please.

No risk of thumb blowing, just gassing myself like I was at Ypres.

SULUNUUUUUU :cri:

I'll see what I can do, though it won't be much, as I have my own set of problems to deal with currently.

I gave what I could, I hope it helps in some way...hang in there brother!

Done, not much, but something. Hope things get better.

Bumped my Patreon up, let's see if it comes off the old CC start of the month.

Thank you all for your assistance thus far, it's touching.

I've asked around a bit, and this is what I got back from a friend:

d3294da380.png

Dunno if you tried this already though.

47 minutes ago, User said:

Dunno if you tried this already though.

I already receive SNAP and medicaid, and I will end up getting an attorney who specializes in these kinds of claims once the three months are up.

Also, as for this thread, as has been mentioned before this is a long term thread of basically donating when you can until/if I get approved for SSI/SSID. The process originally took 5-6 months, not including the appeal and can take over a year, not to mention the three months I'm waiting again right now. Sorry for that kind of news, but that is my life right now. 

6 hours ago, Solono said:

I already receive SNAP and medicaid, and I will end up getting an attorney who specializes in these kinds of claims once the three months are up.

Also, as for this thread, as has been mentioned before this is a long term thread of basically donating when you can until/if I get approved for SSI/SSID. The process originally took 5-6 months, not including the appeal and can take over a year, not to mention the three months I'm waiting again right now. Sorry for that kind of news, but that is my life right now. 

Hope things get better in the meantime. I can adjust my amount in a couple months. Right now I am sitting here with a mouth full of stitches as I had to get skin grafts for my gums (Yeah kids, I am the poster child for brushing your teeth too hard!!!). Even though insurance covered most of it, it was not a PPO, so I am making payments on the remainder, plus two in college right now.

Anyways, not about me, just to let you know once the revenue stream frees up, can increase.

If I can land this job at the place I'm hoping for, I got you solo.

Im sorry, if you don't mind me asking, what is the Iodine monochloride for? I'm curious. 

22 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

Im sorry, if you don't mind me asking, what is the Iodine monochloride for? I'm curious. 

For me? Just to make it. I extracted the iodine used in the synthesis off-camera (I had already made a video on the extraction of iodine I used to obtain it) then made the video.

In professional chemistry, ICl is used to to create iodates, iodides and attach chloro-iodo groups for more advanced organic reagents.

11 hours ago, Solono said:

For me? Just to make it. I extracted the iodine used in the synthesis off-camera (I had already made a video on the extraction of iodine I used to obtain it) then made the video.

In professional chemistry, ICl is used to to create iodates, iodides and attach chloro-iodo groups for more advanced organic reagents.

Chemistry was never my strong suit, you lost me at "advanced organic reagents".

Can you elaborate for a nub like me?

1 hour ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Can you elaborate for a nub like me?

Basically, it's good at severing carbon-metallic bonds for more fun.

From a few days ago, because the pain was bad enough:

6wuvdc5.jpg

More meds, more problems.

Send as much as I currently could. 

Best luck :)

Still in need of assistance, sorry about asking. :feelsbad: