bjshnog

Life is hard (Solono needs assistance)

98 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Terekhov said:

++Beer money

Hope they approve it for ya this time 'round.

I don't know how to thank you enough for what you gave, words cannot express my gratitude. BJ sends his thanks as well.

On 4/21/2017 at 4:12 AM, sundanceHelix said:

<3 Solo

More $ on the way. Enough for a spark plug or two anyway. I wish I could do more. All best wishes.

Thank you, but right now the original car stuff is now covered, now I'm working on making the thing not a piece of shit anymore.

got paid, more $ on the way my man

I've used the site enough over the years, so I've thrown in a few dollars just there.

Appreciate, in other news they want me to get a specific SSA-appointed doctor to look at me, so more prodding for fun.

dealing with the govt always requires jumping thru many hoops

On 4/21/2017 at 4:12 AM, sundanceHelix said:

<3 Solo

Well, at least it's progress I guess. One more rung on the ladder. Good luck. 

Car is mostly fixed, bills are paid but I'm low on food money, I don't need much, just a little bit.

Situation fixed.

found out friend has been diagnosed with MDS and is going to need nearly $250k to cover expenses not covered by insurance, so I am afraid I am going to have to curtail my donations and funnel that cash to him...

When Solono said "situation fixed", what he meant is that he was retracting his request for food money, not that the need was actually met. He's anxious about being perceived as asking for too much, and there are various causes for that, but I won't go into detail about my understanding of it. Thanks to everyone for your support so far. Further assistance would be appreciated.

Donated $50 today through Paypal

Good luck!

Just now, oburlacu said:

Donated $50 today through Paypal

Good luck!

Thank you very much.

Good news from the doctor is that he was shocked to see me again to get benefits (Same doctor I had the first time I tried), as he thought I was there for renewal, not reapplication, so I think this bodes well for my chances this time.

Solono, hope you get better and everything turns out for the better. Eat well, ok? Steak money sent through via paypal (fire up that grill friend!).

28 minutes ago, Matross said:

Solono, hope you get better and everything turns out for the better. Eat well, ok? Steak money sent through via paypal (fire up that grill friend!).

I'm doing the best I can but some days are just hard and some are easy, appreciate it.

If you are interested in donating and you like to read check out the book auction on Solono's behalf here:

Operators are standing by!

1 hour ago, BigZorch said:

Sent a gift and prayers.

Thank you very much.

13 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

If you are interested in donating and you like to read check out the book auction on Solono's behalf here:

Operators are standing by!

This is deeply appreciated, thank you.

Bad news, it was denied, but I will begin appealing it tomorrow.

On 6/22/2017 at 6:18 PM, Solono said:

Bad news, it was denied, but I will begin appealing it tomorrow.

Are you using a lawyer in this process? 

2 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

Are you using a lawyer in this process? 

Not this time, mostly to avoid fees since none of them around here will do it pro bono. I'm mostly going to collect written statements from my group of doctors, my medical records and just mail this shit to them myself.

On 6/24/2017 at 9:47 PM, Solono said:

Not this time, mostly to avoid fees since none of them around here will do it pro bono. I'm mostly going to collect written statements from my group of doctors, my medical records and just mail this shit to them myself.

Is this a social security disability appeal? Years ago, my understanding was that it was easy to find an essentially free lawyer specializing in SSD appeals. That's because lawyers collected fees from the government upon winning in federal court. Many lawyers took the cases for free on the chance that they would win and collect the fee. You had to be careful in selecting a lawyer, though: some law firms were SSD appeal "mills" that churned out the appeals, doing very little work for individual clients and making a profit because the sheer volume of cases produced a sufficient number of winners.

I don't know if anything has changed in recent years. Ignore me if I am being stupid.

Sorry for no updates,. have been super depressed with property taxes being due, and on top of the stress of trying to find a lawyer.