XXCaptainUnicorn

Improving My Aim

31 posts in this topic

Hi

My aim is awful. It always has been. Even when I played csgo, that was my biggest problem. No amount of DM practice or online aiming practice site things have helped. I have a Logitech G502 and a corsair mouse pad, so it's not the hardware.

I play at 650 dpi(I tried switching to 800 recently and not much difference) with this sensitivity in game: http://imgur.com/a/E9uqN 

Every time @CheekiBreeki_ misses a shot he says FeelsUniMan in reference to my aim :feelsbad:

I'm not quite sure what to do. It's super triggering that my gameplay is held back almost as much by my physical degeneracy as by my low intelligence ;_;

Thanks~ 

First of all aim in this game is one of the least important things unless you are EXTREMLY terrible at aiming which i doubt.

If you are i would assume your sensitivity is too high. You are hard capped by turret traverse anyways so get you sensitivity down as much as possible while still being able to rotate 180 over your mousepad width.

Aim is literally just muscle memory and stability. Keep practising for when you need to twitch for muscle memory. For stability (non-jerky movements) you need fine motor control. This usually comes from proper arm movement of the mouse (i.e using the wrist for flicking and forearm for stable turns).

The video below is from overwatch but each and every clip shows proper arm/wrist movement for inhuman precision and accuracy. How much you need to move your mouse will vary on what your natural dpi/sens is for you.

Do you have mouse acceleration turned off?

FeelsUniMan

Try changing the dpi or buying a new mouse. If you can't do either then continue practicing :P

I think I have the same mouse. It has a button that decreased DPI when held yes? If not I apologise for misremembering but I recommend a mouse with this setting to anyone. I used to have terrible aim and now I feel my aim is merely average (or "above average to good" compared to the majority of wot players but let's be honest that's not saying anything) but the mouse made a huge difference. I hate playing with low sensitivity in general but when I can lower it significantly while aiming it makes a huge difference in being able to aim with precision.

Now I don't think about my aiming anymore unless I take a bad shot here and there and only focus on making good decisions in the battle which I'm still terrible at XD

So tl;Dr: if you have the mouse I think you do try learning to make use of that thumb button and if not then I recommend looking into a mouse that can do that.

My old crappy wireless mouse died a few months ago so I decided I'd get myself a fancy new gaming mouse to replace it.  Three mice later I was on the verge of quitting the game when I found a clone to my old mouse still in its packaging in the drawer where I keep old cables and warranties.  Suddenly I could shoot again.  It was a combination of hand feel and DPI (I'm older and I like low DPI settings to minimize little tremors).  Also, I changed seats around the same time and my elbow-table-shoulder geometry changed, which also buggered me up.  What I'm trying to say is that its a combination of factors from your ass to your finger tips and if any of them are out of whack it can effect your final results.

5 hours ago, zapyoug said:

Do you have mouse acceleration turned off?

Yes

The best advice I can give you is to stop playing around with your settings. Find something you're comfortable with and stick with it (that's the only way you will build muscle memory). The g502 has a good sensor (avoid super high dpi still they tend to produce negative accel even tho like I said, the g502 has a good sensor). WoT is probably a terrible measure for aim as it requires none whatsoever, just gotta be decent at leading targets vs shell velocity and... that's about it. 

Generally you wanna be able to do a 360 without running out of your mousepad, you don't have want a sensitivity too high that would cause you to overshoot stuff but you don't want one that's slow to the point that it cripples your movements and reaction time. 

source: played fps at a fairly high level for years

18 hours ago, XXCaptainUnicorn said:

I'm not quite sure what to do. It's super triggering that my gameplay is held back almost as much by my physical degeneracy as by my low intelligence ;_;

Thanks~ 

WG have understood the sheer idiocy of 99% of their playerbase and have provided an amazing solution.

You aim in the general direction of the target, double tap the 2 key, and right click, before firing. Its that simple.

Props to wg:doge2:

1 minute ago, robosapieo said:

@XXCaptainUnicorn I also recommend playing that weeb trash rythm game called "Osu!".It helps improve reaction times and accuracy.

My mom banned me from that because she hates weebs :^)

She's a nazi.

It's decent for learning to aim though. 

27 minutes ago, XXCaptainUnicorn said:

My mom banned me from that because she hates weebs :^)

She's a nazi.

It's decent for learning to aim though. 

Tell her to idi nahui.

k8q92sE.png

1.) Get high on Adderalll

2.) Your mom is my hero

On 2/20/2017 at 3:38 AM, XXCaptainUnicorn said:

Hi

My aim is awful. It always has been. Even when I played csgo, that was my biggest problem. No amount of DM practice or online aiming practice site things have helped. I have a Logitech G502 and a corsair mouse pad, so it's not the hardware.

I play at 650 dpi(I tried switching to 800 recently and not much difference) with this sensitivity in game: http://imgur.com/a/E9uqN 

Every time @CheekiBreeki_ misses a shot he says FeelsUniMan in reference to my aim :feelsbad:

Thanks~ 

do you have enhance pointer precision on? is windows sensitivity 6/11?

8 hours ago, Gandaran said:

do you have enhance pointer precision on? is windows sensitivity 6/11?

6/11 

Pointer precision/acceleration is off 

3 hours ago, XXCaptainUnicorn said:

6/11 

Pointer precision/acceleration is off 

hmm, how big is your mousepad? 

do you have a demo that has a lot of these bad aim moments so i can see whats happening.

@Fulcrous That ana's aim isnt even impressive, it's pretty bad actually.

2 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

@Gandaran
This ain't CS.

even for overwatch thats meh,

you want to see good overwatch aim go look at the top 5 Mcree players.

Old video but during season 1 this guy was top 1 mcree world, he currently plays mostly soldier, but this is pretty nuts overwatch aim.

Eh. The main difference I see is that the McCree dude and Ryu's Ana is that one is simply strafing and the other is constantly moving erratically to avoid getting killed.
He also starts to miss an absurd amount once jumping is involved.

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

Eh. The main difference I see is that the McCree dude and Ryu's Ana is that one is simply strafing and the other is constantly moving erratically to avoid getting killed.
He also starts to miss an absurd amount once jumping is involved.

yea but he's not pro, the ana dude is. Go look at the current pro mcrees (iddq/surefour) and they just seem to lock on to peoples heads and blap them.

edit: found one 

top 5 mcree players 2016

16 hours ago, Gandaran said:

hmm, how big is your mousepad? 

do you have a demo that has a lot of these bad aim moments so i can see whats happening.

@Fulcrous That ana's aim isnt even impressive, it's pretty bad actually.

I have a corsair extended mousepad with a tenkeyless keyboard, so there's enough space. I can look for a replay tonight when I'm home 

@Fulcrous May i present the Human Aimbot. 

Scream: this stuff is just from his matches this year (2017). So basically only 2 months.