leggasiini

Maus appreciation thread

54 posts in this topic

There is apparently no true official topic dedicated for Maus. As from @DHP's request, there is now Maus appreciation thread. Given how ridiculously strong the tank is i think it was good time to make it anyway.

I dont have Maus yet by myself, but im looking forward to get one. Still at Tiger P(ee) :( 

This thing is broken, T9 meds struggling to pen this over buffed turret, and if player is any good thing is too big to chew. 

Well after playing a few games today, I'm just short of 4k dpg in the maus (starting at 3750) and that is with an incredibly unstable connection on my end with constant packet loss.

I think the changes to the gun really make the biggest difference. The armor is nice and adds some extra flexibility to your movement but the sub 10 second reload and minimal dispersion really shoves the things damage output through the roof.

As I mentioned on another thread, this sledge appear to be a bit too pubbie-friendly now.
Even I managed to do ~4k dmg on a little mini-session in it now on my sheriff acc.
If you have the slightest idea on how to sidescrape and move turret around you cant
really go wrong with it. Clicker attention and pain didnt change much though

It went from one the worst, to one of the best T10 HT in one patch. 

Maus Platoons >>>> Old KV1S platoons || IS6 Platoons (Circa 2014)

Fuck, now I'm a Maus hipster. I had three marks before it was cool.

I really like the faster reload. It's like two and a half seconds off the reload and the gun handling is pretty nice. I haven't had enough play to see how the armor buff affects things. I imagine that extra 20 mm on the turret might be enough to make it so the tank is harder to get through when angled.

Ok. Played it for a while and what were they thinking. I know it can't save some games because of speed but the hp, armor and gun make it so easy to play I could probably be on an LSD trip, see dragons and still do well in this thing. 

The Maus really needed this buff. It's now a true superheavy.

Broken as fuck now, I love it.  The reload and hp buff were totally unnecessary.

Maus platoon laughs in the face of yolo pubbies and xvm focus. Its so beautiful, a unicum's best friend.

1 hour ago, cavman276 said:

Broken as fuck now, I love it.  The reload and hp buff were totally unnecessary.

What this guy said. Even with my skill level this is now 3x r not even like e5 was before. While its hilarious how WG missed the mark, I do believe its bad for the game. Still dont see that many Mice around but once it hits the masses how retarded it is, its gonna be Maus-party. Took it out for a spin and got 15.3 done first game.

So I've played about 75 games in this tank and while I enjoy it quite a lot I am having a terrible time winning. I'm running a 50% win rate mostly solo except for probably 10-15 games where I was pontooned with Clicker or Skittles. Maybe it's just bad streak or a too small sample, but I feel like it is something I'm doing wrong.

Here's a chunk of games I played today. Replay Files are on the dropbox link. Video is also attached though it includes a couple random games in the IS4 and Type 4 as well as a bit too much cursing at everything.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dc1opaj1ptjfrex/AAB_XCrnkY-wpHAcIXi9qdVYa?dl=0

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124697672 (Maus stuff starts around 49 minutes in, I don't know how to take it starting at a certain time)

Pls Halp.

About time the Maus is #1 1vs1 champ

Super heavy tanks should murder stomp any other tank 1vs1, allowing them to wadle into 2-10 enemys and succeed (if the other side is retarded)

Infact, super heavy should be good at open maps, not awefull, on a map like prok, you should be able to attack the forest, forcing arty and TDs to cooperate and kill them together, and not a lone T62 who just heat snipes him to dead....

The other brick tanks are also fine, good player have no problem killing them, and bads better l2p or drive a brick themself

ps: and i rather gets 5 maus in each single fight as 5 arty, 5 TDs, or 5 bat chats...

According to news they noticed Maus is OP. :serb: Maybe nerf really soon. 

On 24.02.2017 at 0:15 PM, BlackAdder said:

This thing is broken, T9 meds struggling to pen this over buffed turret, and if player is any good thing is too big to chew. 

Meeting a Maus in a Maus is funny. You both have rather low pen guns, prem too so it takes ages to take you down.

Though the Hp buff was stupid. The tank has such a huge hp pool that getting penned by t92 ap shell is nothing. You still have tons of hp left which will bounce 2-3 time that thanks to armor. 

20 hours ago, Vesirott said:

What this guy said. Even with my skill level this is now 3x r not even like e5 was before. While its hilarious how WG missed the mark, I do believe its bad for the game. Still dont see that many Mice around but once it hits the masses how retarded it is, its gonna be Maus-party. Took it out for a spin and got 15.3 done first game.

Yeah. even if the lowish pen + tons of super armored tank sometimes mean i do shit damage I still block the flank and allow my team to win tanks to hp + armor buffs. I'm playing it like a moron and I've been circled by 3 t10 tanks many times to still bounce 5k+ dmg and kill at least one of them. Low dmg game in a maus is only possible if you get capped or your team steamrolls the enemy. 

Can you damage a maus through the front sprocket?  I've tried several times without success at several angles, if it can be done I need to learn - if it can't I'll just run away.  I get that it needs to be AP/APCR but all I do is non-damaging tracking shots - even at 90 degrees.

A design that was obsolete before the end of WWII should totally be able to shit all over tanks still in service today . . . 

(I need to get a Maus, ASAP)

16 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Can you damage a maus through the front sprocket?  I've tried several times without success at several angles, if it can be done I need to learn - if it can't I'll just run away.  I get that it needs to be AP/APCR but all I do is non-damaging tracking shots - even at 90 degrees.

A design that was obsolete before the end of WWII should totally be able to shit all over tanks still in service today . . . 

(I need to get a Maus, ASAP)

According to tanks.gg there is 295mm worth of spaced armor there, if its true then you would need something like 350mm pen gold apcr to do it reliably. Object 263, Strv103-b etc.

16 minutes ago, sahtila said:

According to tanks.gg there is 295mm worth of spaced armor there, if its true then you would need something like 350mm pen gold apcr to do it reliably. Object 263, Strv103-b etc.

Well that sucks.  Does the curved bottom edge of the turret allow shot trapping into the hull roof?  Assuming I can miss those ridges in front of turret ring.  Last night, even fully aimed heat rounds from my E5 were useless and he just lolpenned my cupola because WASD wiggles don't mean shit to Maus Laser.

GG WG, GG

On 2017-02-26 at 6:57 AM, GehakteMolen said:

About time the Maus is #1 1vs1 champ

Super heavy tanks should murder stomp any other tank 1vs1, allowing them to wadle into 2-10 enemys and succeed (if the other side is retarded)

Infact, super heavy should be good at open maps, not awefull, on a map like prok, you should be able to attack the forest, forcing arty and TDs to cooperate and kill them together, and not a lone T62 who just heat snipes him to dead....

The other brick tanks are also fine, good player have no problem killing them, and bads better l2p or drive a brick themself

ps: and i rather gets 5 maus in each single fight as 5 arty, 5 TDs, or 5 bat chats...

For once, I agree with you completely.

I really liked the Maus before, but only in maps with hardcore choke-points (Ensk and such). Problem was that anything with half a brain at t8 or above would auto-pen turret front in any engagement, plus, anything short of a PERFECT angle would mean auto-pen by t10 TDs, especially if they used gold. This means that even without arty, pushing in an open or semi-open map required you to know exactly where all enemies were, otherwise you'd just get fucked. Maus was relegated to a mostly campy, or plain suicidal playstyle, unless you had a full platoon of them, which made breaking enemy defenses possible because of sheer HP pool.

The armor buff means Maus can now be a TRUE "stalemate breaker" where you use your armor and HP to take shots, spot TDs and other camping tanks, and allow your team to punish them. This is what a super-heavy should be able to do, in my opinion, so the armor and HP buff are totally justified.

As for the gun, while the buff wasn't absolutely, critically necessary (since the prime role of the Maus isn't to deal damage), it makes the Maus a lot more independent and competitive. Before, the DPM at approximately 2200 - 2300 just wasn't enough to deal with a lot of tanks 1v1 (even with armor buff). With 2900-3000 however, it is now able to beat pretty much any other tank in a 1v1 trade situation, as it should be. A good old regular "medium" or "heavy" tank should not be able to reliably go in a face-to-face battle with a "super heavy" tank and win. They should, on the contrary, expect to lose the encounter, and instead use flanking tactics, bait them out of cover into the open, or make use of superior numbers to take down a "super-heavy" tank.

MM isn't completely broken yet with this tank, pubbies still don't know how to angle so we're (edit) mostly good. 

As I said before, IMO Maus is clearly overbuffed as it is right now. If you have some sidescraping capabilities
and remember to rotate turret some this tank is a true monster on city maps. To make it work I liberally spam
APCR. Not so much due only to pen but to get the right feel for the shell speed.

I got my first Kolobanov ever in it yesterday without playing particularly well. On tier X. With 7kills 6k dmg
this didnt even make Ace. So clearly some superuni's are out there taking advantage of this beast.

As I said to Fyreon- for a platoon of super-unis with 2x Maus and a 50b or smth like that in this meta with
some luck 85-90% WR sessions should be within reach

Session today with friends from 113 games onwards, 13 game winstreak in Maus platoons and then i got maus last 2 games. This tank is Kreygasm right now.

62cca6096f499477bbf05d199ff7ff34.png