leggasiini

Maus appreciation thread

54 posts in this topic

I don't understand how anyone likes this piece of shit.  It's almost always late to the fight, can hardly react to anything, and misses out on so much clean up damage in the endgame.  My performance in this vehicle is frustratingly awful.

27 minutes ago, Spyshadow01 said:

I don't understand how anyone likes this piece of shit.  It's almost always late to the fight, can hardly react to anything, and misses out on so much clean up damage in the endgame.  My performance in this vehicle is frustratingly awful.

Well, as others have mentioned- the skycancer focus has not changed with all these buffs and it is still very vulnerable as such.
It is also true that on the few open and large maps left, you will have to improvize.
But on city maps/corridor maps you now have have mobility like an E-100, with way better dpm and armor. 
All you lack is alpha. 
Your statement suggests me to think that you enjoy meds more and are much more efficient with them as well?
With slow heavy tanks but with lots of armor you must look for ways to move the fight to you. The need to plan
where you go almost from the start is much more prevalent. The outcome of the game will stand and fall with this
decision. 

On 4.03.2017 at 8:38 PM, ProxyCentauri said:

Well, as others have mentioned- the skycancer focus has not changed with all these buffs and it is still very vulnerable as such.
It is also true that on the few open and large maps left, you will have to improvize.
But on city maps/corridor maps you now have have mobility like an E-100, with way better dpm and armor. 
All you lack is alpha. 
Your statement suggests me to think that you enjoy meds more and are much more efficient with them as well?
With slow heavy tanks but with lots of armor you must look for ways to move the fight to you. The need to plan
where you go almost from the start is much more prevalent. The outcome of the game will stand and fall with this
decision. 

Mobility on e100 is much better. 20kph max speed is limiting. The new t95 is as mobile as you are. 

The tank is amazing though. Yes everyone loads gold and I get penned strangely often through the frontal track wheel at close to 90 deg angle (no idea how , tanks gg show nothing)  but even for me, when I can't angle the turret for shit the tank is super good to play. 3200 hp + good dpm is really all you need. Yeah I loose a bit too many battles but this is due to me being impatient since I haven't played anything slow in a while and it takes time getting used to it. 

@Rexxie ready to redo the RRR maus experiment ? 

17 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Mobility on e100 is much better. 20kph max speed is limiting. The new t95 is as mobile as you are. 

You are ofc right. E-100 is still WAY faster, by 1/3 to be precise- 30km/h top speed forwards(theoretically)
compared to 20 km/h forwards. So excuse me for that. They have the same back speed now though, 15 km/h
They also got the same power/weight ratio now

1 hour ago, ProxyCentauri said:

You are ofc right. E-100 is still WAY faster, by 1/3 to be precise- 30km/h top speed forwards(theoretically)
compared to 20 km/h forwards. So excuse me for that. They have the same back speed now though, 15 km/h
They also got the same power/weight ratio now

Yeah Maus reaches 18-20 easily but the 20 max top speed means type5 easily overtakes it. It makes many players, including me impatient but if you can not yolo after going to a flank for 3 minutes you should have a huge influence. 

I'm having a great time in this tank and I'm new to it.  I still suck at angling the turret and I take a lot of gold pens through the front when I think I have it turned far enough and that's confusing me...but with so much health and such a smooth gun I'm doing pretty well and making some game-changing moves.

This tank is not OP at all. Just a randomn 13k battles.. Last one i saw at 13k was pre-nerf WtE100.

Well; in a Maus game this morning I bounced 3 Grille 15 shots off my slightly angled ass (turret was turned towards him) and I came through with a clutch win. feelsgoodman

Ok how to play this shitbox. When it arrives in CGC it is glorious but usually it is so slow most of your team fights 14 vs 15. Is it even reasonable to go to far away flanks if they are heavy flanks? What to do in malinovka when your team is already dead when you go to hill and then your base is being capped when you are trying to go there? I have no problem with new t95 speed but this despite going the same seems just to slow.

I have a strange feeling everyone just learned to drive around/away from maus and there is a ton of more arty on eu since 9.17.1. It's common to get 3 shots in 2 min 

Overall how do you choose your initial deployment in the maus. Somehow it's the only tank I always seem to go to the wrong flank

Confirmed balanced. Not even a 100% crew. :serb:

pNF3TAG.jpg

Ju2aoUd.jpg

yjPn9Og.jpg

Glorious Maus is great

2B0wR2l.jpg

Last survivor on Sandriver. They could not penetrate me. Also despite it saying 'Base Captured' I did blow up their last tank as it tried decapping, but failed a few times & he got blown up at 100 point cap.

Also, what do you get when a Maus & FV 183 TD join forces to stop the enemy march in the Valley of Death?

sihONIg.jpg

A whole lotta carnage, they tried flanking us, rear-ending us, but it was all in vain. My armor took it, the FV massacred them.

Can anyone help me with the Maus? I asked once but everyone was too busy jerking off to their platooned play results. How to play Maus solo? Is it even possible when your team goes full retard? What to do in case of lemming trains?  I don't get it. 60% WR in 4502B, 61 in AT15A, 59% in Ferdie. Post buff - 48% in a Maus.

@Rexxie how did you choose flanks to RRR? @GehakteMolen @Mort. How do you choose your initial deployment? 

The main "brawling" area. Just drove straight through where heavies would be on every map.

How many battles u got? Sub 50 battles does not tell everything when it comes to WR. I had below 50% WR on my Obj 252 at 30-40 battles but now at 100 battles i have like 65% or something. Could be just streak of retarded teams, especially considering that there is T25 Pilot marathon going on.

8 hours ago, leggasiini said:

How many battles u got? Sub 50 battles does not tell everything when it comes to WR. I had below 50% WR on my Obj 252 at 30-40 battles but now at 100 battles i have like 65% or something. Could be just streak of retarded teams, especially considering that there is T25 Pilot marathon going on.

May be that. I got so pissed I started doing retarded things last 5 games but outside of that it was go to heavy brawl, bounce 8k, deal 3-4k unless arty rapes me on the way, see the team melt around you, die. 

WR is slowly going up but i hate this tank. It simply can't get to places before your teamates melt. Also it's super annoying trying to find the perfect angle on the turret. It seems much easier on the e100. Maus is great at bouncing but it's super annoying if you want to deal damage. Jesus i hate it. 

You don't really need the perfect angle. You can easily overangle the turret to 40 degrees and still be immune to non-TD gold ammo.

Skycancer still an issue in this thing but otherwise it is just sick atm.
A question- I am considering running with spall-liner due to the clickers... anyone got strong opinions on how to rig it?

53 minutes ago, ProxyCentauri said:

A question- I am considering running with spall-liner due to the clickers... anyone got strong opinions on how to rig it?

Simply wait for another patch. Clickers gone, and no signs of nerf (for some time).

3 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Spall liner is not that helpful vs arty, unless you get hit on the hull side or ufp. Most arty shots will splash you or strike your turret or engine deck; where spall liner will have minimal effect.

14 minutes ago, Hally said:

Spall liner is not that helpful vs arty, unless you get hit on the hull side or ufp. Most arty shots will splash you or strike your turret or engine deck; where spall liner will have minimal effect.

Okay, tnx. I have just been told that the best effect is actually for the crew, they are somewhat less exposed.
Maus is so slow so I dont feel I get hampered much by leaving vert stab out- the recent gun buff compensates a lot for it with such short aim time

On 30.03.2017 at 7:12 AM, Hally said:

You don't really need the perfect angle. You can easily overangle the turret to 40 degrees and still be immune to non-TD gold ammo.

40deg gives you some immunity vs non td gold. You need to angle more to be less than 50/50 for gold and that turret runing speed really hampers your dpm if you do so.

Played this thing on test, holy shit you have to be dumber than a box of rocks to get less than 3k dmg in this thing. Combined with the ability to push nearly any situation, this thing is just retardedly strong. The only time it's ever in trouble is in a cap race