leggasiini

Maus appreciation thread

55 posts in this topic

I would like to highlight something people havent realized yet. Funnily enough, this thing gets another pretty significant buff next patch, although this time indirectly.

Arty is Maus's worst enemy. However, it no longer wont be the case next patch, making Maus even more unstoppable. Spall liner is actually helpful because it reduces stun and makes already puny arty damage even smaller. T92 wont do more than 400, maaaaaybe 500 if it highrolls and hits on perfect place from direct hits. And thats fucking T92, highest alpha arty in the game. Tier 8 arties will do 0 dmg hits ocassionaly. Stun is not gonna bother Maus very much either because its already slow, it can definitely live with longer reload for some time and it still will have good gun handling even when stunned

Combine that with new template mm system which means it will face lot more tier 8s and tier 9s which literally are 100% completely defenseless against Maus. This thing is going to be absolutely fucking retarded. Hell, with arty changes and new mm system im pretty sure literally just the DPM buff would have been enough.

I honestly think they should have introduced these changes before buffing superheavies. Okay, Type 5 would be still terrible with pre-buff stats so it still would have needed a big buff, but still, i think megabuffing superheavies right before this was a bad idea.

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

I would like to highlight something people havent realized yet. Funnily enough, this thing gets another pretty significant buff next patch, although this time indirectly.

Arty is Maus's worst enemy. However, it no longer wont be the case next patch, making Maus even more unstoppable. Spall liner is actually helpful because it reduces stun and makes already puny arty damage even smaller. T92 wont do more than 400, maaaaaybe 500 if it highrolls and hits on perfect place from direct hits. And thats fucking T92, highest alpha arty in the game. Tier 8 arties will do 0 dmg hits ocassionaly. Stun is not gonna bother Maus very much either because its already slow, it can definitely live with longer reload for some time and it still will have good gun handling even when stunned

Combine that with new template mm system which means it will face lot more tier 8s and tier 9s which literally are 100% completely defenseless against Maus. This thing is going to be absolutely fucking retarded. Hell, with arty changes and new mm system im pretty sure literally just the DPM buff would have been enough.

I honestly think they should have introduced these changes before buffing superheavies. Okay, Type 5 would be still terrible with pre-buff stats so it still would have needed a big buff, but still, i think megabuffing superheavies right before this was a bad idea.

Yeah, I've seen these thoughts elsewhere, and I noticed that while playing. I ran w/out superheavy spall liner and honestly the tank just doesn't care about arty even without it. Unless you're landing in Prok with 3 arty, this tank just absolutely shits on everything. Tbh, these superheavy changes were needed, but notice how they weren't tested in a common test. They just threw the patch in and said "Hah, Maus can't be OP because it's slow!".

Is it only me or do trier10 TD's on EU started slinging way more gold than before? My WR is going up but I love how this tank attracts gold spam like anything in the game e4's and jagdzillas switch to gold instantly and say fuck you to your armor.

On 1.04.2017 at 1:46 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah, I've seen these thoughts elsewhere, and I noticed that while playing. I ran w/out superheavy spall liner and honestly the tank just doesn't care about arty even without it. Unless you're landing in Prok with 3 arty, this tank just absolutely shits on everything. Tbh, these superheavy changes were needed, but notice how they weren't tested in a common test. They just threw the patch in and said "Hah, Maus can't be OP because it's slow!".

Despite hating playing it I agree it is broken. Especially with platoons. Solo at least it's crippled by the fact that without support Maus is helpless, people will just rush you and kill you but any tank which can bounce 5-7kdmg every other game will break the game. I love how it continues the trend for wg of shit to play, shit to play against. 

I go the Maus a week before 9.18 and played ~7 games.  on my 6th game I lost 2700 hp between three pokes on airfield from arty (there were 3) and then the next game got AP'd by a t92 not long after I was spotted for the first time.  I promptly garaged it until 9.18

Playing it now...if it was OP before, it must be extra OP now.   Arty is now more of an annoyance than a real concern.  Stun is the main pain, particularly when there are multiple arties or the F'ing annoying bat 58s.  Damage-wise it doesn't take much.  there are some hits in the 400 range, but for the most part it's sub 200, with the bats mostly doing sub 100 (and fairly frequently 0).  I've had games where arty has shot at me 10+ times and it really hasn't been a huge problem.

Also, the MM changes seem to be very kind to it as well. Not so easy for those 7 poor bastards in T8s to pen, and unless the 9s are TDs or shooting gold, they wont have much luck, either.

UPDATE: coming up on 50 games in post 9.18 play. At 54 games total I'm sitting at 3572 dpg and 1.29 armor efficiency.  WR is only 63%, but Maus is really slow to solo in, so I'm blaming it on that.

Because an image says more then words:

2JwsaHd.jpg

Jawohl, Maus is balanced. 

I survive this btw, ended the game with something like 7K blocked in full premium spam. For people who say 'Why didn't they flank you?' They tried, it's how i lost some HP, but the T57 & arty made short work of flankers. Enemy arty didn't bother shooting me, so that helped greatly.

It's something I noticed with the latest arty rework, my armored tanks get far less arty shots fired at them then before. My non-armored tanks on the other hand got an increase in skyfall love.

To add to above image, people still claim *people press 2 & my armor is useless*. It's people like that that have lead to the current iteration of over-armored tanks, but it will never be enough, as long as someone can pen their tank, it won't do, it won't have enough armor.