Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clogman

Mäuschen appreciation thread

17 posts in this topic

So what do people think about this one?

Personally i am very surprised how accurate the gun is.

Was hitting liberte cupola 4/4 without problems, even pixel sniping a panther 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how it has more hitpoints than some tier 10 heavies at tier 9. Also its turret cupola is nowhere near as weak in practice as I thought it would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh, two more german HTs to buy... saddly, gotta play the Lowe in SHs to get crews for them :dance:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the people driving the Mauschen because it is literally free damage :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maus-Chan*

I really want this tank purely for the meme value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cupola is retarded. Too strong even for tier 8/9 gold. Only frontally at least, but man it does make no sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be fantastic without the cupola.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I'm not appreciating the stock engine and suspension. Getting handedly passed by T95s is painful. 

How much does it improve with top engine and tracks? Are you able to more or less peg the 20 limit like in the vk 100?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

I have to say I'm not appreciating the stock engine and suspension. Getting handedly passed by T95s is painful. 

How much does it improve with top engine and tracks? Are you able to more or less peg the 20 limit like in the vk 100?

Feels pretty similar to the vk100 to me. It gets better. The worst thing for me is getting penned in the cupola all the time, it is hard to wiggle enough in the Mauschen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 3:30 PM, TPT924 said:

Feels pretty similar to the vk100 to me. It gets better. The worst thing for me is getting penned in the cupola all the time, it is hard to wiggle enough in the Mauschen

 

I got the upgraded tracks and it definitely made a difference.  More on par with the VK 100 now.  The cupola does seem more problematic on this one than the VK.  It's smaller and has another 20 armor, but it doesn't seem to be enough to make up for it being a tier higher.

Also, at ~50K XP and with a 20 kph top speed, I'm pretty sure I'm skipping the engine upgrade.  Not sure if others have an opinion on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

Also, at ~50K XP and with a 20 kph top speed, I'm pretty sure I'm skipping the engine upgrade.  Not sure if others have an opinion on this

It is definitely sluggish without the engine. Similar to the difference in the VK without the engine. While 50k xp is a big difference, I found playing it without the engine painful. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

I got the upgraded tracks and it definitely made a difference.  More on par with the VK 100 now.  The cupola does seem more problematic on this one than the VK.  It's smaller and has another 20 armor, but it doesn't seem to be enough to make up for it being a tier higher.

Also, at ~50K XP and with a 20 kph top speed, I'm pretty sure I'm skipping the engine upgrade.  Not sure if others have an opinion on this

I felt a bit fleeced upgrading engine on VK100.  No speed increase and I couldn't really notice much difference otherwise.  Technically you reduce engine fire chance from 20% on a hit to 12%, but whatever soft stats are touched alone aren't worth the expense in XP, I think.  At 50k on the Mauschen I'm saving for the Maus instead.  I'll leave XP on after unlocking Maus and do the engine afterwards over time.

I really like the Mauschen, much more than the VK (even without the engine upgraded).  I have my best WR in any heavy in the German lines so far with Mauschen and do not feel out of place in tier X battles, where the VK was noticeably more tier dependant.  If this is an accurate set-up for the Maus gameplay, I'm really looking forward to Maus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

Also, at ~50K XP and with a 20 kph top speed, I'm pretty sure I'm skipping the engine upgrade.  Not sure if others have an opinion on this

This is not an upgrade in the range of skipping the M58 gun on M103, but it surely is worth it. If you dislike Mäuschen, you will not like Maus anyway...and the grind of 50 k exp for an engine is worth it...way overpriced, should be more like for E 75 top engine (and every other tier 9), but worth it anyway.

You should have the important modules (top 128 mm) unlocked from other line, so...invest in engine. Maus is good, but Mäuschen is as strong, tier for tier, and even more of a sealclubber - same gun7almost the same armor, same speed. You get just the dpm and frontal turret increase.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Felicius said:

This is not an upgrade in the range of skipping the M58 gun on M103, but it surely is worth it. If you dislike Mäuschen, you will not like Maus anyway...and the grind of 50 k exp for an engine is worth it...way overpriced, should be more like for E 75 top engine (and every other tier 9), but worth it anyway.

You should have the important modules (top 128 mm) unlocked from other line, so...invest in engine. Maus is good, but Mäuschen is as strong, tier for tier, and even more of a sealclubber - same gun7almost the same armor, same speed. You get just the dpm and frontal turret increase.

 

Agreed Re: E75 engine - that was a deal maker.  I'd add Maus gets a significant side armour upgrade as well which makes more extreme angling to protect LFP possible as well as 900 more HP.  And it comes with slightly better mobility soft stats.  I do well in tier X with Mauschen, I'm stoked for Maus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kelly_Sereda said:

Agreed Re: E75 engine - that was a deal maker.  I'd add Maus gets a significant side armour upgrade as well which makes more extreme angling to protect LFP possible as well as 900 more HP.  And it comes with slightly better mobility soft stats.  I do well in tier X with Mauschen, I'm stoked for Maus.

Tier for tier Maus armor is about the same. Tier X arty and TDs can make you feel quite soft in Maus sometimes...beware of the "soft" UFP with E4 top of the tree and APCR spam.

Also, there is the hitpoints - Mäuschen already has best in tier, so the same tier for tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Felicius said:

Tier for tier Maus armor is about the same. Tier X arty and TDs can make you feel quite soft in Maus sometimes...beware of the "soft" UFP with E4 top of the tree and APCR spam.

Also, there is the hitpoints - Mäuschen already has best in tier, so the same tier for tier.

I see what you mean, gotcha.  I suppose I was delighting at the possibilities of Maus since I feel good in Mauschen already in tier X, but then again, as you point out, one loses the tier VII match-ups with the same gun and arguably more effective armour. 

Since 9.17.1 and with the upcoming MM changes limiting the number of higher tier vehicles in multi-tier games, it seems the age of the superheavy is upon us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kelly_Sereda said:

I see what you mean, gotcha.  I suppose I was delighting at the possibilities of Maus since I feel good in Mauschen already in tier X, but then again, as you point out, one loses the tier VII match-ups with the same gun and arguably more effective armour. 

Since 9.17.1 and with the upcoming MM changes limiting the number of higher tier vehicles in multi-tier games, it seems the age of the superheavy is upon us.

Limit of 3 arty seems the most important + they are less likely to all 3 be top tier now. 4 tier X arty seems the norm nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.