Luna

E50 88mm analysis

46 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Luna said:

Have you actually tried it tho is the question. Cause if you havent then you're just as bad as the pubbies. 

I know why it is bad for me: gold ammo costs. I simply can not afford to spam THAT expensive gold shells...I mean, 4000 for 240 dmg? 88 mms have one of the most expensive gold ammo in the game...The frigging Jagdtiger costs just 4400 for that monster 128 mm 352 penetration, and 560 dmg!

Generally, I am all in for pew-pew guns. From Leo to KV-85, i always choose more accurate gun, with better handling...my beloved tanks are T-28, T-34, and A-43, all with 57 mm...so I already burn too much credits on gold ammo...

I have no issue with 240 alpha on a relatively mobile Patriot, and on E-50 is viable since you have -8 of frontal gun depression (using side gun depression was always risky, so lower exposure was an imperative, thus 105.

DPM difference IS sweet, but tracking is even more important. especially with rather bad penetration on both guns, you sometimes have one shot sideways only on idiot pubbie IS-7 with 105, then he uses repair kit and pulls back. With 88 you reload, or you are just a second to reload by the time he reacts and repair the tracks.

Thus flanking has a whole lot more value, you are not limited any more to one shot worth of dmg till ppl react.

I liked 75 mm Panther gun (now with ROF buff it is a viable tank) tier for tier more than 88 l 71 on Panther 2, despite ppl bitching about alpha (although it had more gold pen than 88, a tier lower. 9 mm gold pen may not be much, but I do not like the feel of it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All that theoretical DPM of the 88 is nice in theory, in practice you won´t really be able to (ab)use it all that well because your targets will simply drive back into cover unless he is either braindead and sits in the open or tracked which is the 2nd problem of the gun: It can´t destroy the tracks of tier 10 or even tier 9 tanks in a single shot when you hit the frontal or rear sprocket unless the track was already damaged before (I believe it also struggles to oneshot-track tier 8 heavies but I´m not sure)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Luna said:

Have you actually tried it tho is the question. Cause if you havent then you're just as bad as the pubbies. 

I never give it a shot, but I could try. I really like alpha because of fear effect and less exposure. 

 

As soon as Deutsche Telekom fixes my ADSL line i'll try.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or does this sound like essentially a Panther III?  From pew pew to PEW PEW to the final Pokemon Panther evolution PEW PEW.  9.17.1 - when German master race jokes got real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Felicius said:

I know why it is bad for me: gold ammo costs. I simply can not afford to spam THAT expensive gold shells...I mean, 4000 for 240 dmg? 88 mms have one of the most expensive gold ammo in the game...The frigging Jagdtiger costs just 4400 for that monster 128 mm 352 penetration, and 560 dmg!

Generally, I am all in for pew-pew guns. From Leo to KV-85, i always choose more accurate gun, with better handling...my beloved tanks are T-28, T-34, and A-43, all with 57 mm...so I already burn too much credits on gold ammo...

I have no issue with 240 alpha on a relatively mobile Patriot, and on E-50 is viable since you have -8 of frontal gun depression (using side gun depression was always risky, so lower exposure was an imperative, thus 105.

DPM difference IS sweet, but tracking is even more important. especially with rather bad penetration on both guns, you sometimes have one shot sideways only on idiot pubbie IS-7 with 105, then he uses repair kit and pulls back. With 88 you reload, or you are just a second to reload by the time he reacts and repair the tracks.

Thus flanking has a whole lot more value, you are not limited any more to one shot worth of dmg till ppl react.

I liked 75 mm Panther gun (now with ROF buff it is a viable tank) tier for tier more than 88 l 71 on Panther 2, despite ppl bitching about alpha (although it had more gold pen than 88, a tier lower. 9 mm gold pen may not be much, but I do not like the feel of it).

Base pen on the long 88 is actually slightly better than the 105, with that accuracy and aim time, if you are shredding something it's probably in the side where 223 is enough, so not sure you need that much APCR spam, that is more dealing with like E75s frontally where you have shot on LFP. 

If you want expensive gold rounds, the most expensive I think goes to the Bulldog/T71 76mm, 5600 credits per shell for 150 damage and 210 pen HEAT. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 According to tanks.gg 105 has 0.08 turret dispersion and 88 L100 has 0.10. 88 L100 has more base accuracy but turret dispersion stats are very important in my opinion, so is alpha damage too.

Probably 105 has a tiny bit advantage in the gun handling department still due to slightly better turret dispersion,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

However, one of those "unicums" is me, and I'm so trash at this game right now xD

Yea but you were playing a T54 so it evens out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Base pen on the long 88 is actually slightly better than the 105, with that accuracy and aim time, if you are shredding something it's probably in the side where 223 is enough, so not sure you need that much APCR spam, that is more dealing with like E75s frontally where you have shot on LFP. 

If you want expensive gold rounds, the most expensive I think goes to the Bulldog/T71 76mm, 5600 credits per shell for 150 damage and 210 pen HEAT. 

True, true...but 223 base is just 3 mm better than 220 on 105, while APCR is a whole 9 mm worse...I would accept a trade-off with 200 mm AP and 280 mm APCR gladly...since the HD model, 220 do not go through IS-3 UFP reliably any more, and that is a tier 8, meh...LFP from E 75 is just one example...now VK-B LFP is also vulnerable, but not that weak, and all around buffs to various heavies...

In the meta from 2-3 years ago, where you could penetrate pretty much anybody in most tanks (if you aviod some stinkers) just by selecting gold ammo, we came to meta where tanks are bouncing gold off each other all the time.

Not saying it is bad actually, but i find E-50 too sluggish for real flanking. I like my 50 m much more, just for the speed (and HEAT).

BTW, nobody uses HEAT in a Bulldog, it is so slow, and everything trolls it anyway...I take 5 clips of APCR and just one clip of HEAT for late game killing of Strv 103-0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rspctd said:

Yea but you were playing a T54 so it evens out. 

If anything it makes me even more of a bot

Edited by SkittlesOfSteeI
Accidentally typed "if anything it makes me even more of a boy"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

If anything it makes me even more of a boy

Pinocchio_trebuchet_o7o7o7 when?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _Assad said:

jcqxJem.jpg

How do I do a credit??

Did a double take on the free xp before realising it was CT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Luna said:

Have you actually tried it tho is the question. Cause if you havent then you're just as bad as the pubbies. 

I tried it today and couldn't make it work. Now, I am awful at the E-50, bad at dpm tanks, and generally see my results improve with alpha. It looked hilarious though and when I was able to buzzsaw things was fun. I found it led me to either get only small dinks during the mid game scavenging portion, or to just spend to much time exposed. But I dunno, ultimately I'll stick to the 105, if for nothing more than cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original meme gun was the Type 61's stock 90mm with 12rpm spamming HEAT.

Not many people noticed it unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a nice change, the e50 got really stale for me with the 105

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2017 at 1:05 AM, CraBeatOff said:

if for nothing more than cost.

E 50 has rly expensive silver ammo on both guns, too. 1245 for 390 dmg or 676 for 240...that is horrible, just 20 pdr is more expensive (but a tier lower, so less goldspam.

Gold on 88 l 100 is very expensive, too. The best way to play E 50 (when frugal with credits) is to actually aim every shot, and use gold ammo (with 105, of course) when needed. If you take dmg in return or bounce silver shells, you are bleeding credits.

_Assad took quite a lot of shots, and missed more than a third of them. You play it almost never like that in random...

If anything, better ROF on 88 will allow you to destroy the village on Prokh assault or such maps better, in time to decap from safety.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Luna so i finally got around to watch some of your replays and i have to admit that the 88 has an incredible ROF and that you basically never hit for 240 but most of the times is 480. This gun even without the sprem can dish out so much damage to all the tier 7 and 8 making those tanks a joke. If you consider that you can trade 3 vs 2 against tanks like the t32 (with the 90mm) or all the tier 8 mediums it is insane. The sluggishness is compensated by the armor and the hp, allowing you to take those shots that you would with a superior mobility. Even at tier X this gun is still competitive considering you have almost the same dpm a t62a has and that you get tier X gun handling plus ramming ability.... it is insanely good. 

I ve watch  you playing and with no effort you destroyed flanks in a very short time. 

I am starting to think that this tank is quite OP, way better than a t54 or any other tank at tier 9. If the e50m had this gun too, with the same pen stats of the 105, it would probably become the best tier X medium, by a large margin, simply because you would also have the mobility to put that dpm even more in action, togheter with the armor and HP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

@Luna so i finally got around to watch some of your replays and i have to admit that the 88 has an incredible ROF and that you basically never hit for 240 but most of the times is 480. This gun even without the sprem can dish out so much damage to all the tier 7 and 8 making those tanks a joke. If you consider that you can trade 3 vs 2 against tanks like the t32 (with the 90mm) or all the tier 8 mediums it is insane. The sluggishness is compensated by the armor and the hp, allowing you to take those shots that you would with a superior mobility. Even at tier X this gun is still competitive considering you have almost the same dpm a t62a has and that you get tier X gun handling plus ramming ability.... it is insanely good. 

I ve watch  you playing and with no effort you destroyed flanks in a very short time. 

I am starting to think that this tank is quite OP, way better than a t54 or any other tank at tier 9. If the e50m had this gun too, with the same pen stats of the 105, it would probably become the best tier X medium, by a large margin, simply because you would also have the mobility to put that dpm even more in action, togheter with the armor and HP.

The 88mm basically turns it into what an RU med is at T10. The 320 alpha of RU meds is 33% more than the 240 of the E50, but the HP difference also increases, so the playstyle basically becomes the same. Only now you have the same DPM as the RU meds do, a tier lower, and with much better gun stats. 4s is an incredibly short amount of time in the middle of a fight, and in most cases people don't have the time to get safe, especially if you track them. 

I don't think the T-54 has been op at all since the HD changes to the armor, but before then it was very good. At this point the only med that has comparable amounts of competitiveness is the 430v2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luna said:

The 88mm basically turns it into what an RU med is at T10. The 320 alpha of RU meds is 33% more than the 240 of the E50, but the HP difference also increases, so the playstyle basically becomes the same. Only now you have the same DPM as the RU meds do, a tier lower, and with much better gun stats. 4s is an incredibly short amount of time in the middle of a fight, and in most cases people don't have the time to get safe, especially if you track them. 

I don't think the T-54 has been op at all since the HD changes to the armor, but before then it was very good. At this point the only med that has comparable amounts of competitiveness is the 430v2.

Well i never tought the t54 was op but i know it is one of the strongest tanks at tier 9 and i believe the e50 is way stronger. So by comparing i wanted to say that this tank is the best tier 9 by far.

For the rest i agree with all you have said and your replays prove it: i saw you decimate tanks before they could even think to fall back. I believe that Kitten will have to fix for real the wn8 standard with this tank now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm currently on the E-50, but without the 88 L/100 since it wasn't available in the Panther II then when I moved on ti tier 9

having to use the 88 L/71 is a pain, especially with the low-ish penetration and lackluster accuracy (because raisins)

i've got enough free EXP on hand, and i'd initially considered spending it on the 105. but now that the long 88 is viable, so that's something to consider.

i've also considered throwing a crew back onto the Panther II and grinding for that 88 L/100 with the 88 L/71 back at tier VIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.