Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Folterknecht

Gaming capable Laptop with battery life and reasonable price

29 posts in this topic

Will check'em out. Really just diving into it when I discovered JayzTwoCents

1 hour ago, KenadianCSJ said:

I'd suggest GamersNexus or Level1Tech.

Agree - LTT is infotainment in my book. They really produce some great vids from time to time, much useless filler material and often enough it's just plain nonsense where they get things wrong in some form, which shouldn't happen with a team as big as this. They also lack in depth content, everything seems to be tailored to the attention span of Linuses cats.

This opinion excludes the whole server vids, as I don't know enough about that subject as whole, though putting consumer grade watercooling equipment into his big server cabinet is the epitome of stupidity in my book (just approach your resident server/system admin with this idea ... at your own risk) .

44 minutes ago, Folterknecht said:

Agree - LTT is infotainment in my book. They really produce some great vids from time to time, much useless filler material and often enough it's just plain nonsense where they get things wrong in some form, which shouldn't happen with a team as big as this. They also lack in depth content, everything seems to be tailored to the attention span of Linuses cats.

This opinion excludes the whole server vids, as I don't know enough about that subject as whole, though putting consumer grade watercooling equipment into his big server cabinet is the epitome of stupidity in my book (just approach your resident server/system admin with this idea ... at your own risk) .

Then drilling holes in the rads. Cause...why? But yea, his channel changed as they got larger to be more infotainment as you put it. And that's fine, I like Linus and his stupid antics. The guy is a living meme on destroying expensive tech and industry shows (or his own shop now RIP AM4 mobo). I just miss the old 1 hour long system build logs they used to do. Were pretty entertaining.

2 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Will check'em out. Really just diving into it when I discovered JayzTwoCents

I'm into most of them. Jay and Barnacles and then Paul and Kyle kinda form their own little bro-tastic teams with some connections to each other. Linus is kinda on his own but they all meet up at the industry shows, which is fun to see. Jay is good for watercooling, if you're getting into that. For indepth technical stuff, like I said, Level1Tech and GamersNexus. PCPer is also really nice for that too, good news/review site with a good podcast too. Not as entertaining as some of the other weekly showers, kinda dry but usually more technical. A week or two ago they did a 1 hour interview with a guy that knows his shit about CPU architectures and they talked at length about Zen and older architectures. Was kinda cool.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0