Marty

HD map reworks

123 posts in this topic

I like the visual aspect, even though the art style is a bit too similar for my taste. But...

RIP climbing - considering they presented Mines and Cliff first they really want to deny it. I don't like the maps from gameplay point of view at all, less bushes, less terrain differences.... It's still early though, things might change. Right? :oscar:

CASTLES

MORE CASTLES

At this rate reworked Malinovka will have a fucking Kremlin in the middle of the field.

Hey, Russian bias, amirite?

11 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

CASTLES

MORE CASTLES

At this rate reworked Malinovka will have a fucking Kremlin in the middle of the field.

Wouldn't mind that in the middle of Prok. Might actually make the map useful instead of a camp fest.

eh, prok is cool if there is no arta

malinovka, on the other hand...

Not a fan of the bright orange light + super dark shadows + smoke aesthetic they used (again) on Hills. But I love that bright sunny look on Cliff. 

RIP climbing, but there also seems to be better arty cover in many places. 

i wonder what these HD maps would look like in the lowest possible graphics setting. 

35 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

i wonder what these HD maps would look like in the lowest possible graphics setting. 

super mario 64?

yup; RIP boosting, but, better arty cover

World of Tanks. Now with unique maps all with the same Greco-Roman architecture! Kind of strange that they went really hard with the same style of ruins and buildings in so many maps. 

Looks like mines is basically going to play like a city map.  Which is fine because I hate mines as it is, any map that arty players masturbate to needs work.

Now how about making the 80% of El Halluf that is not playable actually playable instead?

lol at you fucking plebs hating on the only good maps in the game :serb: 

also these changes are nice visually but holy shit the areas look complete fucking clusterfuck when it comes to actual gameplay, removing climbs on cliffs will probably remove its validity as an esl map completely, mines is too difficult to tell since the hill changed so much and they didn't show much of the beach

Had to warn my boyfriend I'm leaving him for Cliff.

So basically WG just made Cliff more corridory and made Mines more castlely. I don't think the average pub match will change too much in Cliff, but its a real shame that the lighthouse is gone, its so fun getting to it and being so high up.

And yeah, until I manage to either graduate college and get a job or whore myself out on the street, those graphics wont matter on my old laptop. They look pretty though.

Also more arty cover is always a plus.

I bet them statues aren't destructible

Climbs are nerfed with strategically positioned buildings. Also they might increase arty safe areas, like the donut on cliff. For sure the hill on mines looks better. 

I am sure to be wrong but at the beginning of the video it seems like you have more ways to access the hill 

Ruski video shows a bit more of the new HD maps. 4:10 havoc is back? 

This battleship wreck on Himmelsdorf is really looking very cool

16 hours ago, DHP said:

I wonder how much camo bonus does her bush give.....

Sorry for the joke I'll hang myself somewhere now...

On 3/2/2017 at 9:35 PM, nemlengyel said:

eh, prok is cool if there is no arta

malinovka, on the other hand...

Arty. Not arta.

Goddamn son.