Marty

HD map reworks

131 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, sahtila said:

1:55 new high reward-high risk position, almost game winning if can get there and spot whole north team side of field.

Oh, yeah, interesting. Must be the answer to the current  obvious inbalance of field being better laid out north and having an easier time firing down the main street.

So, I am watching HD maps videos and perhaps will download the 1.0 test client also, but I have already noticed one minor detail that will send windowlickers into panic mode - maps dont have red lines anymore (good example video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUO7Lro1tTA). So you actually have to look at the minimap to understand where the map ends. Immersion 10/10, windowlicker friendlieness - 1/10

During the supertest we definitely had red lines and in on of the Dev videos they even talked specifically about the red line and how they did it to make it more visible etc. 

If this version does not have it, they might just want to try something out or it is simply a bug. 

Because face it, not having a red line showing the map end is stupid. This LT100 just pumps into invisible walls on an open field, which is kinda dumb.

And it won't hurt the window lickers but the good players. Window lickers usually don't move much, they will find a cozy spot on the map an sit there. Not much opportunity to pump into the map end. But Player who shift around the map all the time will pump into it. Lose their speed and will take damage and die. 

22 minutes ago, hall0 said:

During the supertest we definitely had red lines and in on of the Dev videos they even talked specifically about the red line and how they did it to make it more visible etc. 

If this version does not have it, they might just want to try something out or it is simply a bug. 

Because face it, not having a red line showing the map end is stupid. This LT100 just pumps into invisible walls on an open field, which is kinda dumb.

And it won't hurt the window lickers but the good players. Window lickers usually don't move much, they will find a cozy spot on the map an sit there. Not much opportunity to pump into the map end. But Player who shift around the map all the time will pump into it. Lose their speed and will take damage and die. 

You do have a valid point. I somehow have very vivid memories of top tier heavies rubbing their ass against a red line or swedish bushwankers trying to find the furtherest outcrop on a map to hide behind. Dont know if the change is dumb or not. I kind of expect game to change (for better or for worse) and more skilled players to adapt. Perhaps it is a question that will be answered in the coming weeks if this is a bug or a feature.

4 hours ago, Vesirott said:

So, I am watching HD maps videos and perhaps will download the 1.0 test client also, but I have already noticed one minor detail that will send windowlickers into panic mode - maps dont have red lines anymore (good example video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUO7Lro1tTA). So you actually have to look at the minimap to understand where the map ends. Immersion 10/10, windowlicker friendlieness - 1/10

I thing in earlier test there had setting for showing that red line, and if I recall correctly there was even couple different options how to display map edge. Video streamers prolly forget to toggle red lines on.

And yes, these new advanced background graphics make it hard to see where battlefield ends, even with red lines enabled. As funny as it is, background graphics are too good. Maybe it just needs few games of learning...