Archaic_One

Upcoming MM Changes

55 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2017 at 4:01 PM, tajj7 said:

Each team should have a equal amounts of front line and support tanks. 

Am I the only one who thinks that almost identical team composition would have negative impact? Yes, at the moment there is an issue on certain maps, but in general "unwinable" compositions do not happen that often. And I find it interesting to have asymmetrical teams, where you have to analyse strengths and weaknesses of your and enemy tanks and decide, what part of the map and what tactics will give you and advantage. Making all compositions "fair" would make the game much more boring for me.

On 3/28/2017 at 4:02 AM, isterija said:

Am I the only one who thinks that almost identical team composition would have negative impact? Yes, at the moment there is an issue on certain maps, but in general "unwinable" compositions do not happen that often. And I find it interesting to have asymmetrical teams, where you have to analyse strengths and weaknesses of your and enemy tanks and decide, what part of the map and what tactics will give you and advantage. Making all compositions "fair" would make the game much more boring for me.

Wg has always argued that identical teams is uninteresting, and I agree.

the challenge is making different teams that can compete; right now the tank weights in mm are blind to the effectiveness of a tank on a specific map.

also see the people that complain (for example) about nerfing view range to make lights relevant.  Their point is that if you make all roles important you are at the mercy of your weakest player.  They want a tank that can do reasonably well at all roles so they depend less on the team (hence the focus on meds)

On 28/03/2017 at 1:02 PM, isterija said:

Am I the only one who thinks that almost identical team composition would have negative impact? 

Don't worry as usual WG does thing halfway. Before they made light and arty at the same number and the next patch will add TD with the same number on each sides. Mediums and HT won't be at a mirror composition.

I have played countless matches where class imbalance decides the game before the countdown starts. Im saying id give mirror a chance eventhough thats the worst case scenario, I dont think mirrors would be common with the template.

I cannot fathom why any one would care about teams being too symmetrical in tanks. Every one I know who quit this game did so because of its countless frustrations which mostly revolve around the imbalances, never because the teams were "too even" or something.