LudwigvonMises

Good Twitch guys for beginners

29 posts in this topic

Hey guys. What's up? I wanna watch some goods players to improve my stats and i'm look for guys that explain their in-game actions. Feel free to recommend. 

I'd recommend Zeven if he's still streaming.

skill4ltu always explains in detail how he screwed up, so that's something.

Zeven is the best for raw beginners. I think replays are really valuable too, because you can pause and look at the maps, the angles, or watch again to see how decisions cascade through the battle. Plus you can pick a class or tank if you can get a hold of a pack of replays. Skill4ltu is my favorite streamer though, best disposition, skills, entertainment.

I think there is value in watching the absolute best of the best though, as well as watching players on different servers or play times.

Yung_xd is pretty talkative as well, explains his actions quite well. He also is active here and goes by name @Kolni.

Anfield explains pretty well what he is doing and what he has done wrong and generaly interacts with viewers.

There are also some amazing players that dont talk all that much (or at all) but the gameplay is just :kreygasm: To name the few: Decha, Fyr3on, Aniallator, Valheru

Most of the guys above really helped me improve and still do.

I have a certain respect for those who can clearly relay their thought process to an audience while playing. I know I can't.

skill4ltu does an excellent job explaining himself and is really quite fun to watch.

I stream wot sometimes too but I'm more likely to confuse people as to wtf I'm doing with my yolos than I am to help.

46 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

skill4ltu does an excellent job explaining himself and is really quite fun to watch.

I stream wot sometimes too but I'm more likely to confuse people as to wtf I'm doing with my yolos than I am to help.

Not to mention your potato graphics confuses viewers eyes. It's like watching Minecraft:kappa:

5 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Not to mention your potato graphics confuses viewers eyes. It's like watching Minecraft:kappa:

I actually got a real computer a while back as opposed to the old calculator being held together with duct tape and melted wiring so my stream no longer physically hurts to watch :drunk:

Swift_m0ti0n (aka CarryBarry) does a great job of talking through his mid and late game tactics/thinking. He also carries a fair bit. 

I would argue that Decha is bad for beginners and even moderately skilled players to watch. He repeatedly drives straight into clusters of reds. Yet through his exceptional micro-positioning and target selection he often drives back out again, leaving their smoking wreckage behind. Don't try that at home folks.

4 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I have a certain respect for those who can clearly relay their thought process to an audience while playing. I know I can't.

When i do this when playing (aka communicating what i be doing and thinking to plat mates) I play better, because its quite different playstyle than me turning brain off and having fun (by doing stupid things)

tl:dr saying out thought processes increases productivity in tanks over being stupid for fun ;)

if you want to watch someone akin to a pub whisperer, I'd recommend @zapyoug aka abandoned spirit on NA (usually plays on NA West) on the other hand there's also @Va1heru on SEA, who delightfully likes to chill w/ stream and farm pubbies and get wrecked by same pubbies w/ their pubbie logic a few games later

Zeven is good, but not as active as he once was, I've taken to watching more Anfield lately. Lemmingrush is very explicit in his commentary as well.  

Honestly though, just subscribe to Straiks youtube channel, mute the volume, search your feelings and let the insane positioning skills flow through you like the dark side.  Even though most RU players are garbage and feed themselves to him, they way he stays safe while pouring out damage is mesmerizing.  Straik sees shooting angles and terrain features that I don't even think the developers realize exist.  He plays really slow though (4-6 games per hour), so being able to FF through the dead space is a must.

I don't really watch Zeven, but he's a good as a teacher. Apart from him, Overlord_Prime, Mailand (streams in German a lot lately though), Akula, Anfield, Schockisch perhaps.

The likes of Decha, x1ts, Fyreon, Swift_m0ti0n, Aniallator, yung are really great players but rely a lot on micropositioning, not sure if they're as good for a beginner. 

Dierin also provides some pretty quality ass gameplay. 

WHY NO ONE HAS MENTIONED OUR LORD AND SAVIOR QUICKYBABY YET?!?!?!?!? :nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb::nanoserb:

Skill4ltu is hilarous and his streams are thus entertaining to watch but like said earlier, he explains his mistakes etc. pretty clearly.

On 06/03/2017 at 9:37 PM, SchnitzelTruck said:

^

even as a Streamer, I try to sometimes, but it doesn't always work. or I can't explain exactly why. only if I make certain major decisions will I explain my thought processes, but theres no way i would be able to do it consistently. i tried and just failed miserably. 

Skill4ltu was new to me, and I watched him yesterday based on the recommendations here. He did explain hilariously what went wrong in the occasional derp-out game. The best part was that he was doing viewer choice for tank selection. He got trolled by a request to play the Matilda BP. The irony was priceless when 3/4 of his team died before he got to the battle.

20 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

^

even as a Streamer, I try to sometimes, but it doesn't always work. or I can't explain exactly why. only if I make certain major decisions will I explain my thought processes, but theres no way i would be able to do it consistently. i tried and just failed miserably. 

I just end up rage quitting xD

On 3/5/2017 at 11:45 PM, SaintLaurentius said:

Yung_xd is pretty talkative as well, explains his actions quite well. He also is active here and goes by name @Kolni.

stupid nerd literally only plays that fascist box med :MingLee:

I don`t agree Skill4ltu is good for people trying to learn. He is very funny and all but he is a 3 MOE hunter and that means that he hunts damage + assist damage and for doing that you must

have crew with all view range perks + camo + optics + a lot of knowledge of the map. Trying to copy his moves in a tank with inadequate crew and you will get killed in a minute.

Belive me, i have 2100 WN8 recent and 45% win rate.

Much better option is watching QuickyBaby, Orzanel, Fyr3on, Va1heru.

Watching Fame and Kazna people is missleading since they play alot in platoons and nothing can be learned by watching Bat rush.

Decha is a class for himself, watching his streams all look so easy is frustrating.

And not single one of the streamers in telling you why is he choosing that side, why abandoning a side after 2 minutes, how to carry a game by balance of view range...

skill4ltu and orzanel are beasts in all tanks, watch them as much as possible. If they play, you should check out Decha and Straik too, they are completly on their own level of raw carry potential every game. Same goes for a lot of Fame players. Also there is a lot of content on youtube, guides classes for maps for playstyles etc. GL =)

On 2017-03-09 at 10:41 PM, Rspctd said:

stupid nerd literally only plays that fascist box med :MingLee:

what do u expect when every other tank in the game is shit in comparison

On 2017. 03. 10. at 5:21 PM, Virtua_Fighter said:

I don`t agree Skill4ltu is good for people trying to learn. He is very funny and all but he is a 3 MOE hunter and that means that he hunts damage + assist damage and for doing that you must

have crew with all view range perks + camo + optics + a lot of knowledge of the map. Trying to copy his moves in a tank with inadequate crew and you will get killed in a minute.

Belive me, i have 2100 WN8 recent and 45% win rate.

Much better option is watching QuickyBaby, Orzanel, Fyr3on, Va1heru.

Watching Fame and Kazna people is missleading since they play alot in platoons and nothing can be learned by watching Bat rush.

quite the opposite: farming assisting and actual dmg, especially in the early stages of the battle is essential, and you can actually do it with a semi-decent /half-ass crew (like 2 skills) too, you just have to learn the good positions and reach in them in time then retreat in time when that flank falls.

with this method you can impact the game much better (and also rack up a decent amount of dmg) rather than die on e.g. malinovka hill when 5 heavies and arty shits on you at 1-6.

and btw camo is a joke, only actual tank which can profit from equpping it is the swedish td line atm