Panzer_Fenris

French Cruisers

48 posts in this topic

Cool, although the game really needed another battleship and carrier line before it needed more cruisers.  Hopefully one or both will be next.

What is their speciality gonna be? Speed boost was rumored but are they really know for being faster than their peers?

And yes, insert French meme here.

Is this the time to grab a Dunk on 30 % sale?

I'm gonna be slightly upset here. At least its not another cancerous IFHE spamming line, but on the other hand, RNBBs have been the most requested line since as far as I can remember, and we still have no news on them besides Warspite. On the other hand, more CAs, which I like.

Time to reinstall WoWS!

Sexy blue French ships, here I come!

They look fairly modern from tier 3 and up. I'm guessing they will be relatively fast from early on and throughout the tree?

I hear that they are rather fast with armors reminiscent of their WoT counterparts (extremely thin), some low tiers only having 30mm max.

If they will have good agility as well then we might have a full line of Pepsicola cousins here. Hope they got good stealth values.

I hope they can turn. Pensacola didn't need concealment buff if you had CE, because she can dodge.

The only I don't like about these will be all the English people fucking up the names in ways I couldn't believe possible :facepalm:

San Lueeehs?

Is that what you were thinking YoYo?

Still a little bummed at no British BB line, but at least they are adding ships fairly regularly.

7 hours ago, Mesrith said:

Cool, although the game really needed another battleship and carrier line before it needed more cruisers.  Hopefully one or both will be next.

thats my opinion, bring in RU/RN BBs/CVs or something before another nation

2 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

San Lueeehs?

Is that what you were thinking YoYo?

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your pronunciation gave me cancer anyway.

The correct pronunciation is S- hei (Like Heinz without the n and z) Loo-E (Like the letter is said)

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

thats my opinion, bring in RU/RN BBs/CVs or something before another nation

FTFY

9 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

What is their speciality gonna be? Speed boost was rumored but are they really know for being faster than their peers?

And yes, insert French meme here.

Well, some of them certainly are. The tier 5, the Emile-Bertin, in particular seems to be pretty quick. Weighs a little less than the Leander, but in her trial-configuration put out almost twice as much horsepower and reached 39.7 knots.

Universally their guns seem to have decent velocity as well. Even though there is still very little to go by, my guess is that they are going to be super-fragile, with excellent maneuverability and AP-centric guns not too different from those of the German cruisers.

7 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

Charles Martel looks like C5a3 from your Saint Louis link actually.

You may be right, but I can't tell from that tiny pic honestly.

31 minutes ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

O_o

I see. The official post was not out yet when I started the topic, just the leaked tree.

But yes, it very much looks like an early Saint Louis.

11 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

I would expect them to be rather quick as they were mainly designed to counter the Italians who always built very fast ships (the Littorio being an example).

In the pictures they don't seem to be lacking (numbers of) guns or torpedoes.

Okay yoyo - your post was the emotional equivalent of 7 firm knees to my groin.

I am happy that your grandfather made a sacrifice for his grandchildren, while at the same time - I am sad that it did not benefit you all as was his desire.

"Saaaaaaaaatent Lewiss"?