Panzer_Fenris

French Cruisers

48 posts in this topic

Well, at least I'll have a good captain ready to go since I have occasionally played the Dunkerque since it came out, just like how I played the Warspite off and on and had an 18 point captain ready when the Brit cruisers came out.

58 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

"Saaaaaaaaatent Lewiss"?

Did you not read my pronunciation  Its not lewiss but the same as louisville  (Loo-ee) 

And the Saint you don't pronounce the T 

Its really fucking simple

The T8 looks like a hack job of a Portland and a Mogami. Apart from that they're super sexy. As usual blame Challenger and Polonium for RN battleships being delayed.

7 hours ago, yoyoya2 said:

Did you not read my pronunciation  Its not lewiss but the same as louisville  (Loo-ee) 

And the Saint you don't pronounce the T 

Its really fucking simple

He's just kidding with you, like I'm doing right now :P Many delightful ways to butcher pronunciation.

Emil lee bert in

La Garlics

Sain-"T" Loo is

Hen-ree the fourth. Alternatively, Hen ree "eev"

1 hour ago, OnboardG1 said:

The T8 looks like a hack job of a Portland and a Mogami. Apart from that they're super sexy. As usual blame Challenger and Polonium for RN battleships being delayed.

Why is Chally still on WG payroll? Judging by tank museum videos, he isn't even doing the supposed armor expert job properly.

18 hours ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

Autoloaders coming soon? :kappa:

From Victor Kislyi on the Armored Patrol -

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/07/wargaming-ceo-accepts-blame-vows-renewed-focus-on-world-of-tanks/

You may be more right than you know.  The was a post a few months back about a new weapon supposedly coming on the French ships ..... now Victor says that he was pushing for WOWS to mirror WOT ... hmm French tanks have autoloaders so maybe French ships get them too ....

Autoloaders are already in the game. USS Des Moins is a prime example.

Was playing with Flamu when he was testing them earlier. He hates the T10 but the others look fairly promising. The T3 has better torps than the T10.

40 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

Was playing with Flamu when he was testing them earlier. He hates the T10 but the others look fairly promising. The T3 has better torps than the T10.

Saw his videos on the T6 and T10. I wonder if the T10 will be the nucleus for an armor mechanics-rework in the longer run, because as it stands, the three-stage damage mechanic (no damage - simple penetration damage - citadel penetration damage) is harshly punishing certain armor layouts and it's painfully relevant to this ship.

7 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Saw his videos on the T6 and T10. I wonder if the T10 will be the nucleus for an armor mechanics-rework in the longer run, because as it stands, the three-stage damage mechanic (no damage - simple penetration damage - citadel penetration damage) is harshly punishing certain armor layouts and it's painfully relevant to this ship.

No I think it's just a design concept that doesn't work. Plus the mined stats on gm3d show that the HE shells don't have any penetration value so it might be bugged even.

3 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

No I think it's just a design concept that doesn't work. Plus the mined stats on gm3d show that the HE shells don't have any penetration value so it might be bugged even.

That might explain all the shattered shells I saw in Flamu's T10 video. Honestly the lack of HE damage confused me given the gun caliber I was expecting Moskva levels.

Yeah Sub said so on reddit. Here's hoping for a buff to the guns (because they're shit).

On 1.4.2017 at 1:42 PM, OnboardG1 said:

BTW, why is flamuu aka "hello hello" so freakin salty all the time? I know it's the national flavour of ours, but he just takes it overboard. He must be like 15 years old?

19 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

BTW, why is flamuu aka "hello hello" so freakin salty all the time? I know it's the national flavour of ours, but he just takes it overboard. He must be like 15 years old?

He wasn't so vindictive and sarcastic when I first saw his twitch channel....

Well, regardless of game, my observation is that competitive minded players tend to get more and more "salty" over time as their standards with which they use to judge other players rise along with their knowledge of game mechanics.

...that's until they (truly) accept that not everyone has same competitive mindset as they do. If my experiences mean anything, players like him really need official clan wars feature to regularly sate their thirst for competitive games.

Anyway, if you want to hear Flamu's opinion but doesn't like his salty outbursts, keep to his youtube channel and not the twitch stream; he tends to keep his tone civil in his youtube commentaries.

38 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

You don't get good at something, by not investing emotionally into it in the first place. If others then take their time to, in your perception, shit on the thing you invested your heart-blood into, then this naturally hurts. Some people can deal with this more easily, some can't deal with it at all and most are somewhere between the two extremes. It's just the way it is.

So the french flavor seems to be "accelerates a bit better than other nations when using speed boost".

I mean, wow, how specific can these national flavors get?

Also kudos on WG for releasing a bugged tier X.

To be fair, they haven't released it. It's being tested to make sure it isn't bugged and to fix it if it is - which they have said they are doing. 

Apart from the initial "mistake" if it was one, I can't fault them so far.

Really I think the only mistake WG is making with the French CAs is being super cautious about balance and as a consequence developing ships that generally underperform. We kind of saw this to a degree with German DDs and British CAs. Based on the videos I've seen so far I think that WG should buff the base speed of the ships to allow speed boost to actually be a boost. They should also buff some of the HE penetration values. Lastly I think the torpedoes at higher tiers need some love since it seems like they keep the same torpedoes from T3 through T10. I don't think a full re-work of adding tubes is necessary. I think you could lower the reload since it's just 3 tubes per side and not have it be game breaking. I was thinking 30 seconds or so. Right now 3 torpedoes are too pathetic to even qualify as a deterrent let alone area denial.

3 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

Really I think the only mistake WG is making with the French CAs is being super cautious about balance and as a consequence developing ships that generally underperform. We kind of saw this to a degree with German DDs and British CAs. Based on the videos I've seen so far I think that WG should buff the base speed of the ships to allow speed boost to actually be a boost. They should also buff some of the HE penetration values. Lastly I think the torpedoes at higher tiers need some love since it seems like they keep the same torpedoes from T3 through T10. I don't think a full re-work of adding tubes is necessary. I think you could lower the reload since it's just 3 tubes per side and not have it be game breaking. I was thinking 30 seconds or so. Right now 3 torpedoes are too pathetic to even qualify as a deterrent let alone area denial.

Tweaking should happen, where historical values are not changed. Thus changing the base speed should not be the way to go. Instead increase the speed boost even more, as the french already have a special, stronger speed boost than anyone else. Maybe make their special speed-boost increase the speed by a fixed value, instead of a percentage-based one.

As for the careful balancing, I wouldn't mind if that were the case, but then again you get stuff like the russian DDs and some cruisers, Belfast and other such nonsensical shit that is blatently obvious broken. And it's not even as if the balancing got so out of wack once, that they are especially careful now. Just remember how the german DDs got butt-fucked hard and never fixed, when they appeared to maybe be a little bit too good. Shortly before, you got the russian DDs and right after the german-DD-release-disaster, you got blatently OP shit again. It's almost as if the head-honchos can't make their fucking mind up about balancing-standards. Conversely, stuff that is blatently underpowered takes ages to get buffed or is never fixed. I still remember a time, when the Devs interacted and reacted quickly about balancing-issues, but somewhere between release and now, something happened at the company and it's painful to watch.

Well, the only hypothesis I have is that maybe you've got two development teams, one pumping out broken op ships and the other being fearful of imbalance so shipping underpowered anemic ships? Plus I'm waiting for them to fix IJN DDs that got torpedo nerfs well after the 'wall of skill' meta ended. Ideally with the new skill tree I'd like it if the player has the option of going all in on gunnery skills or all in on torpedo skills and have those approaches be viable. I don't think it's likely to happen, but I can dream. lol

58 minutes ago, Rodrigopine said:

Well, the only hypothesis I have is that maybe you've got two development teams, one pumping out broken op ships and the other being fearful of imbalance so shipping underpowered anemic ships? Plus I'm waiting for them to fix IJN DDs that got torpedo nerfs well after the 'wall of skill' meta ended. Ideally with the new skill tree I'd like it if the player has the option of going all in on gunnery skills or all in on torpedo skills and have those approaches be viable. I don't think it's likely to happen, but I can dream. lol

I don't see how they can fix the IJN DDs without proxy-nerfing the german DDs. The later are kind of a hybrid in between IJN and russian DDs and any sort of gun-buff to IJN, would instantly obsolete the german DDs. Conversely, unnerfing torps, say by simply lowering the detection range of the IJN torps, leads directly back to the whining, moaning and bitching about "walls of skill". In the long run, it all comes back to one major issue that needed adressing half a year ago already at latest, imo: Lack of carriers. Once that is fixed, then there is enough scouting-ability in every team, to spot torps and sneaky DDs relatively reliable. Once that happened, IJN can get better torps again, say some really hard to spot, both by ship and plane, long range torps with a relatively low speed (max 50-55kn) and BAMM, you created a niche for the fleet-DDs to actually live in, via highlighting the importance of hydros and DF/AA, give them some extra main battery range to allow them to stay with the fleet and still deal some damage while you are at it and they are golden. But I am digressing and will stop here.

Yes, we are digressing from the original thread quite a bit. :) 

Anyway, I think French cruisers should live somewhere between other cruisers and Russian DDs as far as evasion tanking goes. I saw that there were some 'adjustments' made with slight buffs to Tier 9 and 10 AP rounds and RoF and some DPM nerfs to tiers 3 thru 6. Guess we will see how that plays out.