Stige

EU slowly following NA and dying off?

36 posts in this topic

The amount of really good accounts being sold on several websites and the fact that there is only one good clan on the whole server now seems to indicate that EU server is really dying if it's not dead already really.
Or atleast the lack of any good international clans to begin with, Polish clans don't count.

Is this the end of WOT :(

EU is competitive apart from FAME, but you also have 70000 folks online at prime time, and ive seen 15k around your 5am time period on EU2. 

12 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

EU is competitive apart from FAME, but you also have 70000 folks online at prime time, and ive seen 15k around your 5am time period on EU2. 

Yeah, competition of bots perhaps. There might be 150k players online but there are still no good clans left in the game.

Ummmmmmm lol nope

Wowp was probably more dead than wot NA is now..WHEN IT was released, yet its still alive after 3.5 years or something like that and they are actually trying to revive it, and just look at amount of defenders running on EU, which means server is still going strong and yea it peaks 100k+ sometimes so i wouldnt call that dead

unless WG drops nuclear bomb at their game by screwing up something absolutely terribly (and im talking about something that is significantly worse than recent shit like p2w prems, overbuffed/overnefed tanks etc.) the game will be alive ATLEAST for 5 years, and im p sure almost none of us here in wotlabs have motivation to even play it anymore, so dont worry :P 

Competitive-scene/top 0,1% of players wise? Kinda, lot of top players quitting, clans losing motivation to play SH/CW, lot of good players focusing only on specific modes.

Population wise? Na-ah, infact start of this year has been the best since mid 2014 when it comes to new players registration and number of players per week - see http://wot-news.com/stat/server/eu/norm/en

I'm pretty sure the game will last for quite a long time still, question is what kind of players will be playing.

26 minutes ago, Marty said:

I'm pretty sure the game will last for quite a long time still, question is what kind of players will be playing.

This kind.

nPseD8M.gif

2 years ago bad players had 47% WR and less. Now it's below 53%.

Yes there are still plenty of players on EU but there are no good clans anymore and so many good players have stopped playing recently.

So all we are left with is a bunch of bots really and clans that can barely maintain 60% in SH or something.

40 minutes ago, Stige said:

Yes there are still plenty of players on EU but there are no good clans anymore and so many good players have stopped playing recently.

So all we are left with is a bunch of bots really and clans that can barely maintain 60% in SH or something.

EU has like 5x the pop of NA, and even we have at least 10 respectable clans that stay competitive. I find it impossible that Fame is the only good one left.

Methinks perhaps your expectations of what any server should supporting be are a bit unrealistic.  NA certainly does not feel dead, when I push battle button - suddenly a wild pub match appears seconds later.  Its true that a higher percentage of the elite level players have moved on to other games and WG certainly did everything in their power to kill off organized competition in the game, but the 99%ers of us plebs are still here waiting to be farmed.  

Should see CW in ASIA :notlikethis:

although I'm hearing about the removal of the tier 6 map which means haha fuck you shitter clans, fucking move up already.

Asia has like 3 good clans, split among 2 time zones, of which pretty much only 1 each are active in each tz.

There is pretty much no competition but its still alive for now, clearly NA is slightly more alive so i doubt EU is as bad you are making it out to be. Every server has that 1 top clan which destroys everyone.

FAME>CSA>G100 atm I think

G100 isn't as good as 3XR because their A-team didn't come along. The WGL players went to WHYOU or FAME and I think the overall standard of the clan lowered in terms of individual skill but they make up for it in coms and proper strats

CSA has always felt like a strange one but damn they're not bad at all, SHs against them are by far the most challenging ones

I think there is some merit to it though, two years ago there were more than 1 international clan to choose from, a lot of powerhouse clans died fast in the competitive scene.

UNICA, F15, -MM, 322, KAZNA, EFE, PTS and the entire OM cluster existed at the same time and were good at it, a victor of campaigns weren't predictable and the top 10 could be placed any way. 

It's a bit like football, it used to premier league with tons of even teams fighting for the top but now it's Bundesliga with only the middle and below part of the table is the unpredictable one

Well, there are not that many reasons to really play CW or SH anymore, especially after the last patch. I believe that original SH mode was one of the best things they did for the game, but it seems that they managed to break it now. So it's pretty natural that clan scene is dying a bit, at the same time many people have played for a long time already and are getting perhaps a bit bored with it, and then WG drops the rewards also.

1 hour ago, HS5 said:

I believe that original SH mode was one of the best things they did for the game, but it seems that they managed to break it now.

This.

T6 stronks used to be fast and fun for us - easy wins, fast $$ and lots of LoLs using "creative" tank setups. Nowadays, you have to wait in the queue for ages, just to be constantly fighting topclans :feelsbad:.

Primetime its over 170k players online and thats far from dead.

Just like in WoW when the "easy mode" hit the game all the hardcore players cry out about how the game is going to die but honestly its the opposite that happens. The base of players grow with easier achievable content. Sure its tougher if you want to be that 1% of players striving ti get things that noone else has but beyond that every player is a winner from the changes. 

34 minutes ago, Wessmen said:

Primetime its over 170k players online and thats far from dead.

Just like in WoW when the "easy mode" hit the game all the hardcore players cry out about how the game is going to die but honestly its the opposite that happens. The base of players grow with easier achievable content. Sure its tougher if you want to be that 1% of players striving ti get things that noone else has but beyond that every player is a winner from the changes. 

Wow peaked in 2010 with wrath and has been declining since, arguably becoming much easier for the average player as time went on. The issue there was more so a lack of enjoyable content to do on a regular basis. Tanks is completely different, though maybe once someone hits their stats goals, plays the tanks they wanted to, and competes in whatever thing they want to just run out of enjoyment to spend on a game that causes so much frustration. 

Cannot really speak about the international part of Eu but now that sh are kinda screw up (at least T8,6. T10 is still kinda fun even hard), most of the (good part)French commu will be soon Gone.

Good player don't really care about randoms coz they've already got the tanks they want and they don't need/want to improve their public stats. 

So its was already hard to motivate player into CW by september 2016 Cw (low income edition) , now is even worse.

At least, we had sh (N00T former P1NK even if it wasn't a very good clan was very active in sh. fighting for the most active sh Eu clan with Pigeo with over 3k sh/28 days) 

Now, our clan is dying  (no more Cw, and sh sucks so our top player quit the game, and thus other will follow because the overall level plummet)

One and half year ago we had two good clan (Understand 2400+ and able to put a 3K+ try hard line-up when they had to) , P4IN and M-ES with enough good player to fill both and with some turn-over.

No both are dead.

The only "good" clan remaining will be Pegi7. A retirement clan ... 

Tbh, i've got the feeling that the overall level will decrease to the level of the beginning of game, when most of the player were still trying to figure the gameplay mechanics/meta. But this time there will be no more game mode that will create good player like cw 1.0 did.

It seems that the peak of this game was 2014/15 (level wise)

For now, Wot EU still got a large amount of player each day, because they've play really good the end of the year (new tech tree with new games mechanism, nice offer and so on) but the end of summer/autumn was not really good (barely reaching 120 K at peak hours)

Wot is turning from a real game (which can be your main game for a large time, like LoL is ) into a full free-to-play game with only one real game mode, randoms.  kinda like Aw.

So they will still have a nice amount of player, but it will not be the same game anymore.

I stopped playing WoT for WoWS because WG failed at changing the game enough to keep it fresh and interesting.

Ever since I started (8.6) all the changes were either bling (more snazzy looking tenks), more tenks that usually played like old tenks and an occasional new corridor map.

New physics didn't change the way I play the game.

So the game is really the same old. WZ-131, E50, M48, T-62A, Bat Chat - I hardly see reasons to play any other tank up until now. MM sucks. Tier balance is horrible. Aim Aim Aim miss - Aim Aim Aim miss gets old after a while too.

Compared to that WoWS looks like from an entirely different company. UI is very good, so many player suggestions were minded after only a few months. If playing DDs RNG is mostly not a factor at all. MM is really good, differenct classes play REALLY different.

That said I still hope they will adress most of what sucks with WoT, they just need an ungodly amount of time.

Game's clearly past its heyday but it's far from dead, on EU at least.

SH changes have put top players off so clan activity for the better clans is very low at the moment.

Most our guys can't be fecked because skirmishes was supposed to be a relaxed muck around for grinding credits, we could play CDCs and Skorpions and what not, no one really FCing, half the team drunk and still pull 60% plus wins.

But now the skill based MM means we have to play full try hard all the time and end up playing a small handful of the same clans over and over because there are only a certain number of clans around our ELO.

Plus we all have to wait longer for this lovely experience.

A lot of our guys, and I'm presuming this applies to a lot of other blue and purple players, were only still playing the game because of SHs. 

Sandbox arty, improved MM and the new lights I reckon will entice some players back into the game.  If they could add XVM removal into those changes then I reckon you'd see a lot more blue and purple players having more fun in randoms.

But game is far from dead, it's just skirmishes is clan bread and butter, and at the moment no on wants to play them.

Having over a month long campaign before Xmas with tier 6, 8 and 10 probably caused some burn out as well. 

The obj 252 and the mini cancer mauses will bring the game down even more. Even SH is now bad for the games

I'm sure public battles will stay populated for a while but clan wars is dead and league is working it's way to that point. Kinda reminds me of CS 1.6 a little over a decade ago.

IMO I think Luna nailed it. To me this game was just always about chasing something. Grinding for a badass tier 10, improving my play/stats, or getting into a good clan. Once you do enough of that all you are left with is the frustration of this game. Pretty much the only thing I miss is bullshitting with the people I used to play with. 

reason cw is dead is simple cw is

jiFfM.jpg

And for the rest,

Wot was made to be a game about 15 people mindless shooting 15 other people, despites WGs best efforts to kill this gameplay (``vision meta, tier 10 tds and other super bright ideas) it seems WG now goes back to its core:

tanks driving around shooting others tanks, no hiding behind 6 rows of bush or other shit, i bet those HD maps will make maps much more beta-like, less bush and less bumpbs / less terrain cover, WG knows very well that heavy meta = best meta, 

TL;DR: Pubs is stronger than ever, SH and CW is ded as ded ! 

SH used to be brainless play, yolo lineup and yologameplay now it's try hard setup, tryhard play and fucking defender !

If I want tryhard i can just play tourney, or 3 marks shit.. 

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

(Mark Twain)