Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SIRJ4MES

World of Warplanes 2.0 New graphics, game mode and bomber class

12 posts in this topic

New game mode: 

Conquest is a completely new gamemode. In order to win your team must attack fortifications and protected  core areas in order to obtain a tactical advantage over the enemy. Control of each of these territories  give the team a certain amount of influence points per unit of time. Winner will be the team which gets the required amount of points.

New Class: Bombers 

Fast aircraft designed to attack ground targets from a great height. They carry a large bomb load and have powerful defensive turrets. They are a new class with some unique gameplay. They can move quickly move to different areas on the map where they can attack ground targets from a great height where they are relatively safe with the new high altitude bombing mode (left shift key).

New graphics:

Completely redesigned the game camera. Firstly it now is more effective and clearly conveys the state of the aircraft in combat and secondly it allows the pilot to comfortably focus in the situation in front of the  player.

During the execution of turns the aircraft is now free to move around the screen. This helps to better focus on the approach to the target and keep the enemy in the sights. In addition to the cameras a lot of visual effects were added or overhauled. Special effects depending on how fast you are.

Significantly changed the visual effects of fire and hits on the aircraft. A critical hit on tan opponent or destroying it became much more noticeable. It will show you whenever you hit the enemy which helps with aiming. Added on screen effects to events such as receipt of damage, critical damag and low hit points. Now it’s much easier to determine the status of your aircraft in the heat of battle.

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/03/04/world-of-warplanes-2-0-more-information/#more-32060

Hmm interesting, I'm looking forward to this. Looks like their taking lessons from the other 2 games

Maybe it's becuase im bad, but i actually enjoyed this game and was sad to see it die :( gave it a chance some months back but it just wasn't the same. I don't see these changes populating the game to the numbers it once had but who knows, i'm for sure downloading again :3 plz no disappoint 

Did they ever, or will they add a "cockpit" flight mode, as if you are flying from the cockpit? I am a hardcore flight sim user (DCS Eagle Dynamics), and War Thunder let me fly a plane proper. I refuse to fly a plane in arcade mode - you might as well be playing 3D asteriods . . . ewwwwww.

Just a personal preference. If they added this flight mode, I might play it more, of course it would need to support a head tracking system so I can look around naturally.

1 hour ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Did they ever, or will they add a "cockpit" flight mode, as if you are flying from the cockpit? I am a hardcore flight sim user (DCS Eagle Dynamics), and War Thunder let me fly a plane proper. I refuse to fly a plane in arcade mode - you might as well be playing 3D asteriods . . . ewwwwww.

Just a personal preference. If they added this flight mode, I might play it more, of course it would need to support a head tracking system so I can look around naturally.

This was also my biggest issue with WoWP. They catered to much to the arcade flight community.

So high altitude GA's with even more "High skill" bot gunners and stupid amounts of HP? 

I tried this game a bit before December the main problem I had was that the low population and the arcadeyness meant people just seem to squad up 2 high altitude aircraft and pick survivors of the initial melee off from above and even if you can get on their altitude to fight them, 2v1 is really really difficult in this game.

I have played wowp a bit lately. Going up british fighter line. Tier 6 , Spitfire V now.  

I think its a fun game.   More people should give it a try.   

On 2017-3-30 at 10:43 PM, SIRJ4MES said:

I have played wowp a bit lately. Going up british fighter line. Tier 6 , Spitfire V now.  

I think its a fun game.   More people should give it a try.   

I'm sure the one other person playing WoWP agrees with you ;-)

Seriously though, what are the player counts like on EU? Last time I looked at NA a year ago it was 600 as a high-mark and I can't imagine it's gotten better?

2.0 looks like end of closed beta with more detailed capture mechanics. So they rolled 2 years of changes back more or less. When 2.0 rolls out I will give it a try again.

So will I, I'm kinda been itching for a plane game again

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0