Jarkorsis

USSR DD post split.

24 posts in this topic

I have played the T6 Grevny and is was kind of fun. Works well at or near max range.

The new T7 was below average. I prefer the Leningrad because of better Torps.

The T8 Ogrevoi was a pleasant surprise. The upgraded guns are nice. The 10 km Torps are pretty stealthy.

The T9 Udaloi is the same ship once fully upgraded. I enjoyed it. The gun upgrade was nice.

The T9 Trashkent is still below average. It's turning circle is still 730 meters. It has real problems on a lot of the new maps that lots of islands. The turning circle is to big and the boat is huge and an easy target. On my old Tradhkent I had both ruddershift modules installed so the slightly better ruddershift makes it still painful for me to play. I sold it.

The T8 Kiev is the Kiev of old with about 1k more hit points than the pre nerf Kiev. So the Kiev is back!!!

The Minsk feels like a gimpy Anshan/Gremyachy at tier 7, so kind of underwhelming so far.

Tashkent felt a bit better than the old version. With AFT I can reach out and hit most BBs with little danger of return fire.

My Udaloi is stock with a 9 point captain, so pretty hard to get a good impression stuck at 11.5 km gun range and 6km torps. lol

Those are my impressions so far.

11.5 km range is painful. The 6 km torps are rarely used. The 8 km ones will be a lot more useful.

One other thing on the new Kiev. It get 8 km torps. Another big plus for it.

Kiev is fucking lol. Great ship. Need to try the Ognevoi out as well.

I think Ognevoi will need 14 pt captain. (AFT and CE)

There's no line in the game I feel the need to get a good captain in than the Ruskie DDs. I don't mind playing US DDs with a 10pt captain, but with Russians I feel like I need at least 14 and preferably 17 (for DE).  Better head back to Gremmy if I am going to grind the second line...

31 minutes ago, Expendable_Lad said:

There's no line in the game I feel the need to get a good captain in than the Ruskie DDs. I don't mind playing US DDs with a 10pt captain, but with Russians I feel like I need at least 14 and preferably 17 (for DE).  Better head back to Gremmy if I am going to grind the second line...

I agree. My Udaloi is pretty much unplayable with a 9 point captain. My Minsk captain is 14 points so I might just have to switch him over since the Minsk seemed a little underwhelming to me.

new tier X looks like trash, Kiev is dope as fuck

4 hours ago, Expendable_Lad said:

It's because you really need CE and AFT to really take full advantage of their full potential so you can blind fire

9 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

Kiev is fucking lol. Great ship. Need to try the Ognevoi out as well.

Is an 11 point captain with AFT enough to make it work, and should I fit the second ruddershift mod too to dodge like a mad man?

7 hours ago, Expendable_Lad said:

What did you get for the first 3 points? I got DE, which either Flamu or Aerroon recommended, when I got AFT the old Ognevoi became very playable for me.

Currently I'm heading towards a build without concealment expert and only AFT as a 4 point skill.

Only played one game in the Tashkent. Prem (lightning stripe) camo snazzy as fuck. I ambushed an Ibuki and was almost able to kill him from full health before he was able to turn the turrets with two torp hits and AP into his side. So the dpm is certainly nice. Killed two Ognevois but then got killed by a Kiev platoon (yes, 5 DD game). 111k and 3 kills for a 7 minute game.

So Tashkent seems ok now, a little one dimensional maybe. And I feel you really need EM on it, turret traverse is teh suck but I also want LS and AR which combined with BFT, AFT and SE means I only have two points left (so no DE but four 2- point skills...) Hm. Not sure.

The extra DPM from AR and BFT, more than makes up for the 2% loss from not having DE. Although if you play mostly at range you could drop LS and get preventative maintenance at tier one, which frees up a point for DE. 

The new t5 premium RU DD is hilariously good fun, while remaining able to do DD stuff. 

7x130mm broadside with a detection radius of 5.7km is dank beyond all compare. Maximum ambush! 

Also 4km torpwall for self defense is lulzy.

1 hour ago, Pocktio said:

The new t5 premium RU DD is hilariously good fun, while remaining able to do DD stuff. 

7x130mm broadside with a detection radius of 5.7km is dank beyond all compare. Maximum ambush! 

Also 4km torpwall for self defense is lulzy.

The Okhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootnik is fucking amazing. So much hilarious fun. You don't actually even need CE really since the DDs you're facing are either T5 shitwagons (apart from Gremy which you outspot) or T6s and T7s with longer detect than you anyway. 

Having been playing it this afternoon, I'm definitely getting AFT before I get CE. 

Ambushing DDs for 4-5k volleys has never been so fun.

On 3/11/2017 at 11:36 AM, OnboardG1 said:

The Okhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootnik is fucking amazing. So much hilarious fun. You don't actually even need CE really since the DDs you're facing are either T5 shitwagons (apart from Gremy which you outspot) or T6s and T7s with longer detect than you anyway. 

Eyyyyyy the Kami triplets would like a word :P

I purchased the Okhotnik today and my first game was hilarious. 115.6k damage, 13 citadels 4 kills, confederate, high caliber. Killed 3 CA's and a Konig. only 12 k damage from torps. It struggles with me playing it at T7. All the T7 DD's give me problems.  This it is the Mikasa of DD's. I am using my 14 point Udaloi captain with AFT, DE, BFT. (no CE)

The Okhotnik ... just wow.  7 guns and 3x3 torpedoes.  What gross money grab. A few thousand HP and it could be a tier 8 no problem.   It's waaaay too OP. 

Some guys in my clan have it and I platooned with them in my Kamikaze and did a lot of spotting and dropping smoke for them. I also ran up vs some of them solo.   That thing is so hard to hit with an amazingly low profile and can get a 5.7 km spotting range as a gun boat is just insane.  The only thing it lacks versus the Grem is the torpedo range. 

Guess I'll have to buy one tomorrow ...

Can confirm the Khabarovsk is even better now with the buff to its alpha damage. I'll enjoy grinding the Udaloi again, loved it the first time through.

I played the Ogrevoi again last night and I think it must have stealth torps. I am getting as many torp hits with it as my pre-nerfed Shima.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, Jarkorsis said:

I played the Ogrevoi again last night and I think it must have stealth torps. I am getting as many torp hits with it as my pre-nerfed Shima.

It uses exact same Khaba torps (the 10k one). Spec is comparable to Benson torps, which says a lot of USN DDs.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:47 AM, Jarkorsis said:

I think they are only detected at 1 or 1.1 km so no time to dodge them once spotted ... just tough to gauge target movement in anticpation

Kiev and Ogrevoi have 1.1 km detection so fantasy Torps for fantasy ships. =)

3 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

Kiev and Ogrevoi have 1.1 km detection so fantasy Torps for fantasy ships. =)

Dank detection numbers IJN DDs can only dream about. ;)