leggasiini

112 and Panther M/10...are back; removal of pref MM premiums has been semi-officially dumped

45 posts in this topic

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/08/wot-micropatch-for-0-9-17-1/

Added the following vehicles to the Tech Tree:

VK 45.03

Panther/M10

Krupp-Steyr Waffenträger

Oh my dear god, 112 is back...

Atleast Patriot/Liberte/Skorpion/Defender are not sold in-game with gold...but this one is...

This also means that WG's policy to remove pref MM premiums from in-game has been officially dumped.

Also the Swedish tier 8 premium TD has been added (whatever that means, i dont know if its in-game tree, or just ready to be sold on shop) that seems like even trashier UDES 03 that is worse at everything for having armor that works against 240 alpha mediums. Yeah im so looking forward to buy that lol

Damn it WG I want skorp G  :doubleguns:

These are also the first prem tanks WG have added to the tech tree since the M4 Rev. 

10 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

These are also the first prem tanks WG have added to the tech tree since the M4 Rev. 

re-added after being unceremoniously ticked off the list

25 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

What was the problem with 907 armor?

Well, it's overbuffed - overmatch zone is now 40mm, side armor is crazy, frontally it got even more trolly. 

But knowing WG they'll buff it even more :serb:

Yeah, this is really weird. Breaking official-ish policies and some unofficial ones. Selling cash only not as profitable? Decided it seemed like a dick move and they're trying to pull back? Massive sandbox changes going to re-balance everything anyway? SerB cleaned out the company's accounts and fled the country and oh shit oh shit oh shit rent is due Monday?

EDIT: Just looked at 112's armor model again, apparently tier 8 isn't broken enough after this patch. Need moar 220m+ armor "roll face on keyboard" tanks.

RIP my hopes and dreams of the FCM being pulled from the store and getting a massive buff like the 112 :feelsbad: 

Shhhhh, it's OK bae I'll still play you just as much

Also I always felt pretty dubious about the idea of the removal of pref MM tanks. They have been talking about that for how long---2 or 3 years? And yet the only 8s that were ever pulled from gold sale were the JT88 and the 112. I remember getting my FCM and SP with tourney gold because I was concerned they would not be available in the future, and then I come back to the game and they are still around. But that's probably more indicative of WG's changing business decisions as they seem like they've had quite a shake-up in upper management.

Maybe they intend to remove pref from them? Would they be able to handle it after the buffs?

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

re-added after being unceremoniously ticked off the list

Well they're adding the Steyr WT and VK 4503 as well. 

Just want to point out, if you DON'T have a 112, you need to get one.  The tank is stupidly broken, easy money, easy wins with this thing.  Literally the only problem you'll have is running into 252us

53 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

Just want to point out, if you DON'T have a 112, you need to get one.  The tank is stupidly broken, easy money, easy wins with this thing.  Literally the only problem you'll have is running into 252us

I bought a skorpion and it literally renders every other premium in the game as pointless to buy :kappa:

I just want the STRV-S1

1 minute ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I just want the STRV-S1

:Ytho:

Its pretty much UDES 03 that trades like 1/3s of its mobility, some gun depression and stealthiness for bit more DPM and armor...that works against 90mm guns and lower. Doesnt sound very appealing considering UDES is widely not considered very good at all... oh and its ugly as hell, like it looks so alien even by swedish standards...

Ability to troll patriots is better than no armor...i guess? 

112 seems not that good imo, 122mm gun with derpy heat, against vast armies of IS3 / Mle 49 / Lowe / 252 / maus things / patriots?

you will end up shooting nothing but heat all the time...

ps: Wz-111 is despite buffs still not good, bad ap = bad tank...

why do some of you go full apeshit like if this was something unheard of by WG?

5 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Which reminds me.  I did some "math" a while back, and since I by and large quite WoT, only 10% of the premium tanks added were put into the ingame store for sale.  That's 3 vs 27, if you include the 7 duplicates from speshul skins (otherwise is 3 vs 20).  Looking through patchnotes would likely yield a more accurate answer.

I haven't played since Oct of '15, but I might eventually reload the client if they ever allow premium tank trade ins for partial value.  I'll never play the AMX CDC again, but I would trade it and some others back in to try some of these new premiums.  I hear that the KV-5 and IS-6 have been superseded as well by tier 8 heavies that they will struggle to pen with apcr.  Hell, I suppose the Grille 15 is sitting there in my account unused since I had the Waffle before I quit.

WoWs take on premiums is to make them as capable as their in game compatriots, but they have no preferred MM - works fine.  The normal tier 7 British light cruiser Fiji looks exactly like the sister ship that is a premium, the Belfast.  They have different consumables and armaments, which give each a different flavor in combat.  It works for WoWs.

6 hours ago, Shifty_101st said:

and Lowe? and Mle49? and 26E5? :eww:

i will buy the strv-s1 then wonder why i cant put the crew in neither of my swedish tanks

10 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

ps: Wz-111 is despite buffs still not good, bad ap D-25T at tier 8= bad tank...

FTFY :serb:

Stronk KV-5 disagrees with the regard "bad ap bad tank"...oh wait it has only apcr anyways

11 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

112 seems not that good imo, 122mm gun with derpy heat, against vast armies of IS3 / Mle 49 / Lowe / 252 / maus things / patriots?

This. It got huge buffs and before the armor buff to everything patches it would be and that is why people are so hyped about it. 

Also it's a sad time to be playing a trier8 med. 

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

FTFY :serb:

Stronk KV-5 disagrees with the regard "bad ap bad tank"...oh wait it has only apcr anyways

I miss the days when My KV5 could earn 80k reliably because I fired only 20-30% ACPR not 80% 

11 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

111 was good in the tiny gap between 9.17 and 9.17.1: if you were willing to load HEAT, it was basically a faster IS-3 with pref MM. Now with the flood of 252s it's still one of the better pref MMs - you just have to go to the med line and hope their Defenders stick to the corridors.

No experience with the 112.