leggasiini

112 and Panther M/10...are back; removal of pref MM premiums has been semi-officially dumped

45 posts in this topic

Might pick up a Panther M10 after the buffs. Wonder if it will stay in the tree for a while and I can wait for a discount.

I can't seem them releasing the Strv without the obligatory CC test accounts hyping it up, when was the last time we got a new premium without previews?

From what I remember, 252, Liberte, Patriot, T-44-100, Krupp Steyr, Strv M-42 etc. all had previews.

Even the 121B was previewed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wg should play a game in the is6/112/wz/d25t tanks and think about rebalancing them.

175 ap pen was enough 2 years ago, when you could pen a is3 lower plate without too much trouble and there was no Japanese box around.

Then:

HD is3, Japanese heavies, "hero" tanks, is6 armour buff, latest HD models on almost all the premiums.

The d25t is dead, is6 is useless and the Chinese tanks need heat to pen equal tier tanks.

The point of a premium is to grind credits and crews, how can you grind credits if you're forced to spam premium at everything you meet? With such terrible guns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhatTheSkara said:

The point of a premium is to grind credits and crews, how can you grind credits if you're forced to spam premium at everything you meet? With such terrible guns?

stet pedder gold noob, just learn to aim for weakspots! :kappa:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lavawing said:

111 was good in the tiny gap between 9.17 and 9.17.1: if you were willing to load HEAT, it was basically a faster IS-3 with pref MM. Now with the flood of 252s it's still one of the better pref MMs - you just have to go to the med line and hope their Defenders stick to the corridors.

No experience with the 112.

Sorry but Is3 still has much better gun. It is way less derpy thanks to 0.04 less turret move dispersion. The aim time is better but the final acc is worse by 0.04 too.  Also it's only faster in the top speed dept than the is3 which has more hp/t and 2/3 better terrain resist values. 

btw. What's with the "Wz111 Alpine Tiger" I see in tanks.gg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Daezara said:

stet pedder gold noob, just learn to aim for weakspots! :kappa:

Fek off pleb :kappa:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

Sorry but Is3 still has much better gun. It is way less derpy thanks to 0.04 less turret move dispersion. The aim time is better but the final acc is worse by 0.04 too.  Also it's only faster in the top speed dept than the is3 which has more hp/t and 2/3 better terrain resist values. 

btw. What's with the "Wz111 Alpine Tiger" I see in tanks.gg?

The IS-3 has a better gun yes but gets to see Tier 10s which is not the best thing ever when you want to be relevant and not a speed bump in the way of a marauding E5. The bloom on tank movement and traverse is better though to be fair that isn't as important as turret bloom.

For the mobility, the 111 has the same terrain resistance on hard ground as the IS-3, much better on middle ground, and slightly worse on soft terrain. It's not only much faster on hard ground but on most other surfaces that aren't swamps. In practice this means you're better at pretending to be a med. 

The Alpine tiger is a blitz and Chinese server exclusive. It's the Chinese equivalent of the clown tanks. No difference as far as gameplay is concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CoolOff said:

Maybe they intend to remove pref from them? Would they be able to handle it after the buffs?

No way. If the 112 got the same gun hard stats as the IS-5 then it could work, but absolutely not in its current form.

 

Panther M10 might not be worse off than the other normal tier 7 mediums... but that's not saying much either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

Wtf. Rip the hipster status of my warcrime.

My thoughts exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been waiting so long to be able to get the 112 after the buff, now it's finally possible now that its fucking useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2017 at 0:28 PM, BiggieD61 said:

II hear that the KV-5 [...] have been superseded as well by tier 8 heavies that they will struggle to pen with apcr. 

Not really, it can ram a few things to death that helps when it struggles to pen, it's still got the HP advantage, and if you can't pen the hatch weakspot on a defender with your standard round and farm it before you lose all your HP, you shouldn't have a KV-5 in your garage anyway,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FurryLionBalls said:

Not really, it can ram a few things to death that helps when it struggles to pen, it's still got the HP advantage, and if you can't pen the hatch weakspot on a defender with your standard round and farm it before you lose all your HP, you shouldn't have a KV-5 in your garage anyway,

The Defender wasn't around in 2015, so no comment there.  E-75 was ... a lot.  In any case, I am more interested in getting a newer tank without some of the glaring weak points as the old ones I have... IF I go back to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/03/2017 at 2:28 AM, BiggieD61 said:

WoWs take on premiums is to make them as capable as their in game compatriots, but they have no preferred MM - works fine.  The normal tier 7 British light cruiser Fiji looks exactly like the sister ship that is a premium, the Belfast.  They have different consumables and armaments, which give each a different flavor in combat.  It works for WoWs.

Wows has just has much premium with better capability than their counterpart. Just look at T7 ranked right now and even T8 last ranked. What about the Missouri ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not give the IS6,WZ111, 112 the IS3As D25TA with it's 221 APCR pen and HEAT for gold? Give the IS3A a small buff while at it too maybe so it's more like the regular IS3 gun handling wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RGM79GM said:

Why not give the IS6,WZ111, 112 the IS3As D25TA with it's 221 APCR pen and HEAT for gold? Give the IS3A a small buff while at it too maybe so it's more like the regular IS3 gun handling wise.

I guess it would make them really strong since they can't meet tier 10s (221/270 is fine for facing tier 9s, borderline OP against tier 6s)..

Edit:

Actually it would make them playable in the current t8 meta, just because of Defender spam and heavily armoured heavies that are now pretty much immune to 175mm pen guns and laugh at 217 APCR in 90% of the cases..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if they just gave them a better APCR round it would help.  I can work with a pref MM tank with 175 AP pen because I can feed on lower tiers to earn rubles, but the gap from 175 to 217 is pitiful to the point that I'm literally better off loading HE.  Even 235 pen APCR would at least keep me from getting lol yolo'd by M4 49s and 252's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WG wont remove spmm tanks, they will just make them unplayable bad, atleast for good players

unicums farming tears with full gold spam IS6`s / sppm tanks where the reason WG started to remove spmm tanks.

However armored tanks fixed this problem, only type and T-34-2 can hold their own (since they are the only spmm mediums) and one is not sold in ages and the other requires g00d driver + a ton of expensive heat (which ais requires good driver, to make it actually hit)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

WG wont remove spmm tanks, they will just make them unplayable bad, atleast for good players

unicums farming tears with full gold spam IS6`s / sppm tanks where the reason WG started to remove spmm tanks.

However armored tanks fixed this problem, only type and T-34-2 can hold their own (since they are the only spmm mediums) and one is not sold in ages and the other requires g00d driver + a ton of expensive heat (which ais requires good driver, to make it actually hit)

To be honest that's just a dick move from WG. First one really bad. It's indirect nerfing ffs. It's smart on their behalf because they won't have to give anything back like with the pershing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those wondering about what changed about the 907-model during the micropatch:

It actually got a small buff:

First off the turretarmor:

U62PwR1.png

Basically the area covered by the 228mm zone got a bit bigger (turret got slightly more resistant to goldshells from the front and from standardrounds when slightly angled, most of the time this wont be noticable though)

As for the sidearmor when the tank is not using any gundepression and angled at 34° versus 264mm of APCR-pen:

GslUZbx.png

 

Basically the 100mm zone of the sidearmor got a buff (in 9.17.1 it actually got nerfed because the sloping became worse on the upper most part of the sidearmor, this angle now got changed back to pretty much what it was before in 9.17 but with the added benefit of being 100mm instead of 85mm thick (this wont matter too much against tier 10s though as most tier 10s will penetrate 100mm nominal thickness anyway unless it is at a riccochet angle, though lower tiers will have a much harder time penetrating that zone))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.