Canadian_Reaper

Which Heavy line has best all round armor?

29 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Thanks again all! (although I feel the need to point out "EZ" for some of you is likely "how the fuck do I make this work/smash my keyboard in frustration" for me.

Right now I'm enjoying the 100.01 P, seems to be a monster at T8, decidedly below average at T9, and useless at T10, but it did get me my first Kolabanov/RW etc etc game , so that was nice.

(although a little irritating, realized later If I'd let some of the 100 alpha tanks shoot me a few more times before killing them I'd have completed HT 12.3)

I have the E75 unlocked, so that can work if I decide these 20KPH tanks aren't for me, IS4 line is still back at the KV3, but it's on sale right now, might be time to try that line out as well. Had avoided it as the KV3 and 4 looked useless, but maybe I can bludgeon my way past them.

KV3 was good as it has a 122mm at tier 7 so when top tier you can cause some damage.

KV4 however.........is complete shit.  If you can, try to free xp past it to a fully decked out STI but if not don't give up hope the STI is worth the pain

14 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Thanks again all! (although I feel the need to point out "EZ" for some of you is likely "how the fuck do I make this work/smash my keyboard in frustration" for me.

Right now I'm enjoying the 100.01 P, seems to be a monster at T8, decidedly below average at T9, and useless at T10, but it did get me my first Kolabanov/RW etc etc game , so that was nice.

That is sort of the nature of tanks that have armor. Mobility scales well, good guns scale pretty well, but since penetration goes up with each tier armor gets weaker since any armor that would be effective against higher tier vehicles would be completely broken against same tier vehicles. The 252 is a pretty good example where it's armor is pretty effective against tier 9 and 10 but very difficult for tier 8s where the "weak spots" like the lower plate are about the same thickness as the upper plate of a tiger II.

Anyway IS4 line is good, Type 5 line is also good though the miniturrets at tier 7 and 8 can make things awkward, the German heavy lines are all good, parts of the IS7 line are good with the IS3 bullshit armor abd IS7 bullshit sides and super strong turret. Also even with the nerfs to the e5 it still has very trolley armor and can bounce quite a lot of shells.

The IS-4 is due for a buff, there is no reason for it to have a 2 second slower reload than the 113.  

If you want to see all of the 5K games in the maus, watch the replay pack the @CraBeatOff posted.  

like everyone and their mother's are saying, the Maus is your best bet for all around armor have over 200mm of raw armor on virtually every area (besides like the roof)

in addition to it, its "prototype" variations have been added to the game that play very similarly, but at a lower tier, the VK 100 P is a monster similar to the maus (but has highest alpha of tier 8 tanks* unlike maus which has that title taken by the E100 at tier 10) if 8's are your thing or you haven't grinded the line yet

*no arty or TD, which aren't tanks)

although the E100 is second to it in terms of overall armor, though it has more spaced then raw side armor in comparison to the maus

IS 4 is your next best bet if you like russian bias memes, the whole line is raw armor (especially the KV 4, its basically a big side-scraping box)

tons of good advice on this thread but i hope my 2 cents  counts for something