xWulffx

Oui, Oui, Henri'

23 posts in this topic

The Armored Patrol ...

Henri IV
Tier 10 French Cruiser

Stats:
Ship HP: 53300
Deck Armour: 30-80mm
Citadel Protection: 45mm – 140mm
Torpedo Protection: 19%
Max Speed: 35 knots
Rudder Shift Time: 10.8 seconds
Turning Circle Radius: 840 m
Surface Detectability: 16.56 km
Air Detectability: 10.35 km

Main Battery
240mm/55 Mle.1948 (3 x 3)   <--- Wow
Range: 19.1 km
Reload Time: 17.15 seconds
Turret Rotation Speed: 32.7 sec/180°
Sigma : 2.0

HE Ammo: 240mm OEA Mle. 1948
Damage: 3400
Initial velocity: 845m/s
Chance of fire: 22%

AP Ammo: 240mm OPfK Mle 1948
Damage: 6200
Initial velocity: 845m/s
Penetration (5km/10km/15km) : 359mm/266mm/198mm

Secondary Battery
127mm/54.5 Mle. 1948 (6 x 2)
Range: 4.5 km
Reload: 4 seconds
Damage: 1800
Chance of fire: 9%

Torpedoes   <--- Wow nice torps
550mm Mle 1924 (2 x 3)
Damage: 14833
Speed: 60 knots
Range: 9 km
Reload: 90 seconds
Detectability: 1.3km

AA
127mm/54.5 Mle. 1948 (6 x 2)
94 damage, 5.2km range

57mm/60 Mle 1951 (8 x 2)
97 damage, 3.5km range

Consumables
(1st slot) Damage Control Party
(2nd slot) Hydroacoustic Search/ Defensive AA fire
(3rd slot) Repair Team  
(4th slot) Engine Boost    <--- interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn it looks decent, Sadly that long reload will hurt it a bit but having 19.1km base and 23km with the upgrade will make it like a battlecruiser. Looks like decent shell velocity and pretty good pen but I'll need to check it compared to the moskva because I feel like the moskva will be better with the much faster reload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, people seem to be saying Moskva will be better. Plus, radar is more useful than engine boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like its a speedy devil that turns well.  9.4 " (240mm) guns are nothing to squawk at either

Would this be one of the planned but never built Saint Louis class CA's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gun caliber quirks: can overmatch Brit cruiser bows, can HE-pen 50mm with IFHE, damaging things like Yamato/GK deck and Moskva sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xWulffx said:

It looks like its a speedy devil that turns well.  9.4 " (240mm) guns are nothing to squawk at either

Would this be one of the planned but never built Saint Louis class CA's?

Kind of. Think of it as a Super Saint Louis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does the MB penetration and arc look like compared to the other tier 10s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

How does the MB penetration and arc look like compared to the other tier 10s?

penetration looks awful-359mm at 5km can't pen most BB belts, while Moskva's stalinium shells can pen 500-600+mm at the same range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, conjay810 said:

penetration looks awful-359mm at 5km can't pen most BB belts, while Moskva's stalinium shells can pen 500-600+mm at the same range

penetration values of stale baguette

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual: SEA group leak from ST. Likely to bear as much resemblance to the released ship as my arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

As usual: SEA group leak from ST. Likely to bear as much resemblance to the released ship as my arse.

well the French are renown for there love of all thing hairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the tier 7 from the Armored Patrol ...

Algerie
Tier 7 French Cruiser

Stats:
Ship HP: 35600
Deck Armour: 22-80mm
Citadel Protection: 40mm – 110mm
Torpedo Protection: 16%
Max Speed: 31 knots
Rudder Shift Time: 8.72 seconds
Turning Circle Radius: 660 m
Surface Detectability: 13.86 km
Air Detectability: 8.04 km

Main Battery
203mm/50 Mle.1931 (4 x 2)
Range: 17.93 km <----------------------- wow power creep on US Japanese and German 203 mms
Reload Time: 12 seconds <----------------------- wow MORE power creep on US Japanese and German 203 mms
Turret Rotation Speed: 30 sec/180°
Sigma : 2.0

HE Ammo: 203mm OEA Mle. 1927
Damage: 2800
Initial velocity: 850m/s
Chance of fire: 15%

AP Ammo: 203mm OPf Mle 1936
Damage: 4800
Initial velocity: 820m/s
Penetration (5km/10km/15km) : 302mm/213mm/152mm

Secondary Battery
100mm/45 Mle. 1931 (6 x 2)
Range: 4.5 km
Reload: 4 seconds
Damage: 1400
Chance of fire: 6%

Torpedoes
550mm Lance-Torpilles (2 x 3)
Damage: 14833
Speed: 60 knots
Range: 9 km
Reload: 90 seconds
Detectability: 1.3km

AA
100mm/45 Mle. 1931 (6 x 2)
41 damage, 5.0km range

37mm/70 ACAD Mle 1936 (4 x 2)
48 damage, 3.5km range

25mm/60 CAD Mle 1939 (4 x 2)
34 damage, 3.1km range

Consumables
(1st slot) Damage Control Party
(2nd slot) Hydroacoustic Search/ Defensive AA fire
(3rd slot) Catapult Fighter
(4th slot) Engine Boost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't exactly call this powercreep, Yorck has comparable range and reload with this thing having both shell types weaker with slightly more fire chance. Maneuverability seems :kreygasm: tho.

Henri, if anything, needs better reload. Pen may seem anemic but it's actually pretty similar to Des Memes @ 5km, and with that gun velocity I can only assume gun arcs are going to be middle ground between Zao and DM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see what you're saying, but most of the the tier 7's with 203 mm guns like the Pensicola, Myoko, Yorck all have 15 sec reloads and the Indianapolis the closest at 14.2 sec.  The Yorck is close in range but the rest are far inferior in range with like 15.8 km or so.  I can't recall the Russian tier 7 stats off the top of my head.

Plus it gets pretty fast 60 knt 9 km torps second only to the Myoko with 10 km range.

The Algerie has some pretty sharp and long fangs ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yurra said:

Des Memes @ 5km, 

Isn't Des moines at around 500mm at that range 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, xWulffx said:

I see what you're saying, but most of the the tier 7's with 203 mm guns like the Pensicola, Myoko, Yorck all have 15 sec reloads and the Indianapolis the closest at 14.2 sec.  The Yorck is close in range but the rest are far inferior in range with like 15.8 km or so.  I can't recall the Russian tier 7 stats off the top of my head.

Both have shorter surface detect and nation specific ammunition advantages. 

Quote

Plus it gets pretty fast 60 knt 9 km torps second only to the Myoko with 10 km range.

The Algerie has some pretty sharp and long fangs ...

Only has three per side and they have 75% of the Myoko's damage. Fast but garbage alpha. 

1. TAP stats are usually cribbed from something SEA group heard from a guy who saw some leaked screenshots. Take with salt.

2. People need to read beyond the raw stats and think about how the ship is likely played rather than crying powercreep every time something new turns up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13. 03. 2017. at 2:14 AM, yoyoya2 said:

Isn't Des moines at around 500mm at that range 

Nope, 400-ish. Source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yurra said:

Nope, 400-ish. Source

300mm is still quite a bit worst than the other tier 10s :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The turret rotation is faster than the cleveland. That will be a pretty nice Premium if they don't change to much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:30 AM, OnboardG1 said:

Both have shorter surface detect and nation specific ammunition advantages. 

Only has three per side and they have 75% of the Myoko's damage. Fast but garbage alpha. 

1. TAP stats are usually cribbed from something SEA group heard from a guy who saw some leaked screenshots. Take with salt.

2. People need to read beyond the raw stats and think about how the ship is likely played rather than crying powercreep every time something new turns up.

Yes this is all true but it's also got a decent 15% fire chance (not as high as the Nippon ships) as well and with the higher rof it can potentially lead to more fires thus more damage as well. Plus. even at 75% 14.8K still stings.

I realize these may be amended prior to release and no one really has had a chance to see how they play, but  with stealth builds on some of the other lines it's going to be very interesting in light of the fact that stealth firing is going away soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, xWulffx said:

I realize these may be amended prior to release and no one really has had a chance to see how they play, but  with stealth builds on some of the other lines it's going to be very interesting in light of the fact that stealth firing is going away soon.  

I think it's kind of funny WG has this weird Jihad going against stealth firing ships considering every ship that can do it with maybe the exception of the Zao has a significant drawback. (US DD shell arcs and flight times, Mogami absurd turret traverse, Chapayev being a glass cannon, IJN DDs low RoF) Because of the prevalence of DDs and CVs on NA actually being able to pull off stealth firing is a dicey proposition. And probably the two most notorious offenders of BB flambé, the Kutozhov and Belfast will be 100% unaffected by these changes. It just seems like an odd fixation considering the circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have chased a BB all over the map and eventually sunk with my Blys and he never saw me. I did the same thing for an entire match multiple times in my Gremyache. It is really needed to go.  I have on the receiving end from a Zao, and it was annoying. I eventually got lucky and killed him with a blind fire cit. The smoke mechanic needs work too. Well the vision system needs work. There are a lot of issues with how siting it is implemented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

I think it's kind of funny WG has this weird Jihad going against stealth firing ships considering every ship that can do it with maybe the exception of the Zao has a significant drawback. (US DD shell arcs and flight times, Mogami absurd turret traverse, Chapayev being a glass cannon, IJN DDs low RoF) Because of the prevalence of DDs and CVs on NA actually being able to pull off stealth firing is a dicey proposition. And probably the two most notorious offenders of BB flambé, the Kutozhov and Belfast will be 100% unaffected by these changes. It just seems like an odd fixation considering the circumstances.

A few selected ships needed a nerf (hello Blys). WG nerfs everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.