VikkoTheTusken

wotblitz "The Steve" - Stridsvagn 74A2 Review & Gameplay

9 posts in this topic

In World of Tanks Blitz, I've seen a considerable absence of this Tier VI Swedish Premium medium autoloader. I assume the fact that it suffers from a small power creep given its lack of mobility and penetration keeps potential drivers at bay.

What do you think of The Steve?

Feels @_Steve Man :kappa: 

I quite like it, though I seldom play it simply because it doesn't make as much creds as my tier 7 and 8 premiums. I wouldn't say it's UP, but it's definitely challenging to play. It's a tank that shines in the right hands. It's a vulture, big and unvieldy, just barely mobile enough to be a medium tank - However, it has a quite decent gun. Yes, it might not have the highest pen, but the autoloader allows it to punch harder than all of its counterparts, it's fairly accurate, even on the move.

This tank is the best at preying on the weak - the damaged, the low tier - and the unwary or distracted. Ambush your enemy, or wait for him to get weak, then crush him.

In no way is this tank UP or suffering from Power Creep, it's niche tank with a playstyle that requires high amount of skill - top notch map knowledge, situational awareness and planning - and quite a bit of patience as well. It shines in the hands of unica with the appropriate playstyle, and is crap in the hands of everyone else.

Niche doesn't mean bad.

8 hours ago, Siimcy said:

Feels @_Steve Man :kappa: 

Feel my asshole :gachi:

The essential problem is that it faces an abundance of excessively high DPM tier 7 tanks such as the Comet, T23E3 and others that reload nearly as quickly as the autoloader loads shells, but don't have to deal with the clip reload - this is the same thing that makes the T71 useless.

The essential problem of medium tank duels in blitz is that almost every single medium tank fires on reload. Thus the only effective way to reduce incoming damage to your team is to bounce or dodge shells, since if you fire your three shots and retreat, you may not eat the damage but your fellow pubbies sure as hell will. The "steve" may thus farm damage, but it likely will not be the best tank to win games.

37 minutes ago, conjay810 said:

The "steve" may thus farm damage, but it likely will not be the best tank to win games.

Well put. I avoid playing it unless I'm in a platoon with a Victory or a "Bromwell". I still enjoy it and wonder if I'm the only one that does. It's a difficult tank to do well in, that's for sure.

12 hours ago, VikkoTheTusken said:

Well put. I avoid playing it unless I'm in a platoon with a Victory or a "Bromwell". I still enjoy it and wonder if I'm the only one that does. It's a difficult tank to do well in, that's for sure.

For sure, a lot of the tier 6 meds are fun, enjoyable tanks, and the Steve is no exception. I would love to play one myself but...

Never had problems carrying games in it myself tbh, not more than usual at least. I just focus on shooting stuff that's shooting at my teammates and has the most dangerous gun. Works pretty well.

As long as the tier 6 KV-1S is a thing, every other tank is underpowered kek