Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rspctd

Terrible Packetloss

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, as of recent I've been having terrible issues with packet loss around the early evening hours when playing tanks, either server. Running ping plotter seems to pinpoint the issue to the 2nd hop that fluctuates around a 50% loss which in turn fucks the entire stream. Tracing the IP leads me to a node in Texas. 

My provider is Comcast and I've had this issue before but wasn't so much into tanks at that point so I really didn't give a shit. Now its really doing my head in when I want to play. 

N2mFkrb.png

First, are my assumptions somewhat correct in what's going on? Then following up, do I have any hope of resolving this by calling Comcast or is it a lost hope. I really don't want to waste my time with some Level 1 tech arguing about my WiFi not being setup correctly or something. 

Thanks for the help. 

If you are getting this packet loss as of like a couple days ago, I've been having it as well.  Along with several other players.  So you are definitely not alone.

If this has been persistent over the course of several weeks/months it may be that either your router was fried (storms do that often apparently), or your provider is shitting the bed (which is not uncommon holy shit why can't we be EU).

Give it a week or so before going further IMO.  My bet is that the fault is with Tanks as numerous people have been having problems, even o7 was raging about it during wglna as well.

4 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

If you are getting this packet loss as of like a couple days ago, I've been having it as well.  Along with several other players.  So you are definitely not alone.

If this has been persistent over the course of several weeks/months it may be that either your router was fried (storms do that often apparently), or your provider is shitting the bed (which is not uncommon holy shit why can't we be EU).

Give it a week or so before going further IMO.  My bet is that the fault is with Tanks as numerous people have been having problems, even o7 was raging about it during wglna as well.

Yea its been only the past few days, maybe one or two after the patch. My worry though is that I've only heard people whining about it tonight from my group of guys. I'm hoping I'm having the same problem as them rather then something entirely different I guess. 

WG is telling us not to play

Yeah tanks was unplayable for me yesterday. Intermittent (every 3-5 minutes) packet loss of 30%. 

I have had no issues playing on west server, but east has been intermittent with sometimes just a bit of lag, to others where tanks just jump around every 2s. In Seattle, WA area with comcast provider. I have a hunch it has to do with my distance to the server, and somewhere along the routing method stuff goes poof.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0